Hair! Hair! Everywhere there's hair!

Old June 10th 04, 06:20 PM
DeliciousTruffles

Default Hair! Hair! Everywhere there's hair!

ARGH! It's falling out now. I hate this stage of post-partum hormones.

I swept the kitchen floor and turned around and there was hair where I
just swept!

It's EVERYWHERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know WHY it's happening but it's still driving me nutso!

--
Brigitte aa #2145
http://ca.geocities.com/bironmonger/

"To repeat what others have said, requires education; to challenge it,
requires brains."
~ Mary Pettibone Poole

Old June 10th 04, 07:04 PM
Cheryl S.

"DeliciousTruffles" wrote in
message news:ML0yc.724929$oR5.37303@pd7tw3no...
It's EVERYWHERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know WHY it's happening but it's still driving me nutso!

Ugh, I hated that too. If your hair is long enough, keep it in a
braid/ponytail/bun/whatever all the time. Then it only falls in the
bathroom when you brush it out, wash it, and put it right back up again.

Or get a hair net like they wear in fast food restaurants. ;-)
--
Cheryl S.
Mom to Julie, 3, and Jaden, 9 months

Old June 10th 04, 08:05 PM
Donna

"Cheryl S." wrote in message
"DeliciousTruffles" wrote in
message news:ML0yc.724929$oR5.37303@pd7tw3no...
It's EVERYWHERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know WHY it's happening but it's still driving me nutso!

Ugh, I hated that too. If your hair is long enough, keep it in a
braid/ponytail/bun/whatever all the time. Then it only falls in the
bathroom when you brush it out, wash it, and put it right back up again.

That is *exactly* what I did. I have waist length hair, and when I started
to shed, I just kept it braided for months, and brushed it outside. God, it
was awful. I shed more than my sister's Saint Bernard does. (But I didn't
drool, so there is that. grin).

Hang in there. It will stop before you go bald. Promise.

Donna

Old June 10th 04, 08:43 PM
Bóliath

Donna wrote:
"Cheryl S." wrote
"DeliciousTruffles" wrote

It's EVERYWHERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know WHY it's happening but it's still driving me nutso!

Ugh, I hated that too. If your hair is long enough, keep it in a
braid/ponytail/bun/whatever all the time. Then it only falls in the
bathroom when you brush it out, wash it, and put it right back up again.

That is *exactly* what I did. I have waist length hair, and when I started
to shed, I just kept it braided for months, and brushed it outside. God, it
was awful. I shed more than my sister's Saint Bernard does. (But I didn't
drool, so there is that. grin).

Hang in there. It will stop before you go bald. Promise.

Good gods is this normal? I'm 19wks and have just met the leg cramp
stage - ouchie - I had no idea that I will shed hair after the baby is
born - why s there so many yucky things involved in all of this?

Old June 10th 04, 09:08 PM
DeliciousTruffles

B=F3liath wrote:

Good gods is this normal? I'm 19wks and have just met the leg cramp=20
stage - ouchie - I had no idea that I will shed hair after the baby is =

born - why s there so many yucky things involved in all of this?

Yup. Perfectly normal. You stop losing your hair during pregnancy so=20
all the hair that was supposed to fall out during that time holds off=20
until about 3 to 4 months post-partum. That is when your hormones=20
return to some semblance of normalcy.

--=20
Brigitte aa #2145
http://ca.geocities.com/bironmonger/
Please excuse the quality. It is under construction and I am still=20
learning. :-)

"To repeat what others have said, requires education; to challenge it,=20
requires brains."
~ Mary Pettibone Poole

Old June 10th 04, 09:46 PM
Bóliath

DeliciousTruffles wrote:
Bóliath wrote:

Good gods is this normal? I'm 19wks and have just met the leg cramp
stage - ouchie - I had no idea that I will shed hair after the baby is
born - why s there so many yucky things involved in all of this?

Yup. Perfectly normal. You stop losing your hair during pregnancy so
all the hair that was supposed to fall out during that time holds off
until about 3 to 4 months post-partum. That is when your hormones
return to some semblance of normalcy.

Ah so will I also stop being a bitch from hell then too? My mood swings
are so severe I get dizzy :c) I have 3 fur creatures in the house, we
have to vacuum frequently, it will be fun to add more hair balls to the
mix - not!

Old June 10th 04, 10:30 PM
Unadulterated Me

DeliciousTruffles wrote:

ARGH! It's falling out now. I hate this stage of post-partum hormones.

I swept the kitchen floor and turned around and there was hair where I
just swept!

It's EVERYWHERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know WHY it's happening but it's still driving me nutso!

Mine is still coming out in fistfuls at 10 months post partum, thanks
goodness I have plenty of it to spare..lol

Old June 11th 04, 04:39 PM
Donna

"Bóliath" wrote in message
Donna wrote:

That is *exactly* what I did. I have waist length hair, and when I

started
to shed, I just kept it braided for months, and brushed it outside.

God, it
was awful. I shed more than my sister's Saint Bernard does. (But I

didn't
drool, so there is that. grin).

Hang in there. It will stop before you go bald. Promise.

Good gods is this normal?

Yep, the hairloss is normal. When we're pregnant, we stop releasing hair
follicles (why, I don't know), and the process resumes at some point during
the first year post-partum. I was sure I was going to be bald by the time
the shedding stopped, but the hair loss was unnoticeable by everyone else.
It's weird to lose 10 months of hair all at once.

I did have to have the shower drains snaked a couple of times during this
period, so for any of you all who have long hair, consider putting aside
some money for a plumber's visit or two.

I'm 19wks and have just met the leg cramp
stage - ouchie - I had no idea that I will shed hair after the baby is
born - why s there so many yucky things involved in all of this?

Even if you add up all the yucky things, they don't approach the utter joy
of holding your newborn. You're still going to come out ahead. Way ahead.

Donna

Old June 11th 04, 05:52 PM
H Schinske

Donna wrote:

I did have to have the shower drains snaked a couple of times during this
period, so for any of you all who have long hair, consider putting aside
some money for a plumber's visit or two.

I had long hair when the twins were born, and *extremely* long hair when Peter
was born. Never had to snake the shower drains.

Isn't that something you could do yourself, anyway? Not that I ever *have*, but
I think we have a snake somewhere. I have once or twice put a kelly clamp down
the drain and fished up some clumps. (A kelly clamp is a surgical tool that my
mother co-opted for household use -- a long skinny thing, sometimes bent at the
end, that you can reach into a tight space and grab something strongly with. I
don't know how anyone manages without one.)

--Helen
Old June 11th 04, 10:51 PM
Donna

"H Schinske" wrote in message

Isn't that something you could do yourself, anyway? Not that I ever

*have*, but
I think we have a snake somewhere.

Maybe. With the right tools, I could probably figure out how to do anything
short of surgery. It isn't something I have any *desire* to learn to do,
however.

I have once or twice put a kelly clamp down
the drain and fished up some clumps. (A kelly clamp is a surgical tool

that my
mother co-opted for household use -- a long skinny thing, sometimes bent

at the
end, that you can reach into a tight space and grab something strongly

with. I
don't know how anyone manages without one.)

Sounds interesting. I don't know what a kelly clamp is, but it does sound
useful.

Donna

When did daycares become "schools"? P. Tierney General 267 November 13th 04 04:13 PM
kids and curls ted General 9 May 28th 04 01:26 AM
Anyone else losing hair? Shelly Pregnancy 11 October 27th 03 12:05 AM
who colored their hair? Karen P General 13 August 8th 03 03:43 AM
who colored their hair? Karen P Pregnancy 6 August 6th 03 06:20 AM