Sandbox sand

Old May 27th 07, 02:45 PM posted to misc.kids
Sue

Default Sandbox sand

The time has come to get rid of the sandbox, as the girls are too old for it
now. What to do with all the sand? I don't want to leave it there because
the grass won't grow and I would like to return it to grass. TIA.

--
Sue

Old May 27th 07, 02:59 PM posted to misc.kids
Rebecca Jo

"Sue" wrote:

The time has come to get rid of the sandbox, as the girls are too old for
it now. What to do with all the sand? I don't want to leave it there
because the grass won't grow and I would like to return it to grass. TIA.

--
Sue

The only thing I can think of is to maybe freecycle it? Someone could come
with some buckets and shovel it into them and take it away. Just an idea.

--
Rebecca Jo
Mama to Alexander 6/6/05

Old May 27th 07, 03:15 PM posted to misc.kids
Banty

In article , Rebecca Jo says...

"Sue" wrote:

The time has come to get rid of the sandbox, as the girls are too old for
it now. What to do with all the sand? I don't want to leave it there
because the grass won't grow and I would like to return it to grass. TIA.

--
Sue

The only thing I can think of is to maybe freecycle it? Someone could come
with some buckets and shovel it into them and take it away. Just an idea.

Yep. One premise of Freecycle is that the recipient does the pickup (one reason
why someone got my old fridge), and they're usually happy for materials
associated with the gift. Like the sand.

Banty

Old May 27th 07, 08:02 PM posted to misc.kids
Nan

On Sun, 27 May 2007 09:45:54 -0400, "Sue"
wrote:

The time has come to get rid of the sandbox, as the girls are too old for it
now. What to do with all the sand? I don't want to leave it there because
the grass won't grow and I would like to return it to grass. TIA.

Freecycle, or call daycares or preschools to see if they want to come
pick it up?

Nan

Old May 27th 07, 08:59 PM posted to misc.kids
Jeff

Sue wrote:
The time has come to get rid of the sandbox, as the girls are too old for it
now. What to do with all the sand? I don't want to leave it there because
the grass won't grow and I would like to return it to grass. TIA.

I think you can just mix the sand with some peat moss and grow grass in it.

Jeff
Old May 27th 07, 09:24 PM posted to misc.kids
Knit Chic

"Sue" wrote in message
The time has come to get rid of the sandbox, as the girls are too old for
it now. What to do with all the sand? I don't want to leave it there
because the grass won't grow and I would like to return it to grass. TIA.

--
Sue

I don't know where you live... but if you have ice/snow in the winters you
can use it in your drive way. Our drive is on a hill, so we have to use
sand and salt when it's freezing out.

Old May 28th 07, 08:38 AM posted to misc.kids
Chookie

In article ,
"Sue" wrote:

The time has come to get rid of the sandbox, as the girls are too old for it
now. What to do with all the sand? I don't want to leave it there because
the grass won't grow and I would like to return it to grass. TIA.

Just spread it around your garden beds, especially if you have clay soil.

--
Chookie -- Sydney, Australia

Kerry Cue
Old May 28th 07, 01:53 PM posted to misc.kids
Sue

I don't have clay. I have sand underneath and nothing grows with it. Thanks
though.
--
Sue

"Chookie" wrote in message
In article ,
"Sue" wrote:

The time has come to get rid of the sandbox, as the girls are too old for
it
now. What to do with all the sand? I don't want to leave it there because
the grass won't grow and I would like to return it to grass. TIA.

Just spread it around your garden beds, especially if you have clay soil.

--
Chookie -- Sydney, Australia

"Parenthood is like the modern stone washing process for denim jeans. You
may
Kerry Cue

Old May 28th 07, 01:54 PM posted to misc.kids
Sue

Thanks everyone for the ideas. I had not thought of freecycle, but that is
what I will do. )
--
Sue