T-shirts

Old June 22nd 03, 08:54 PM
T-shirts

Default T-shirts

Please visit, buy a T-shirt and help a child.

http://www.travels2india.co.uk

Old June 23rd 03, 04:38 AM
Father Drew

You gotta be kidding me! I have friends that have lost their jobs because
our company has moved the work to India. My friends are having a hell of a
time finding a new job. My job is at risk as well as our company migrates
to India, along with lots of other major companies. America is selling out
it's own employees for cheap labor in India, I wouldn't send a dirty
toothbrush.

-Drew

Old June 23rd 03, 06:03 PM
Father Drew

Yea, no kidding. I applied for an internal transferr, got my web author
cert, and will hopefully be moving to ICG marketing if I beat out 23 other
people for the position. Work sux these days.

-Drew

"Tracy" wrote in message
"Father Drew" wrote in message
You gotta be kidding me! I have friends that have lost their jobs

because
our company has moved the work to India. My friends are having a hell

of
time finding a new job. My job is at risk as well as our company

migrates
to India, along with lots of other major companies. America is selling

out
it's own employees for cheap labor in India, I wouldn't send a dirty
toothbrush.

big {{ hug }}
The next 1.5 months are going to be hard - emotionally.

Tracy
~~~~~~~
http://www.hornschuch.net/tracy/
"You can't solve problems with the same
type of thinking that created them."
Albert Einstein

*** spamguard in place! to email me: tracy at hornschuch dot net ***

Old June 23rd 03, 06:50 PM
Tracy

Yea, no kidding. I applied for an internal transferr, got my web author
cert, and will hopefully be moving to ICG marketing if I beat out 23 other
people for the position. Work sux these days.

-Drew

My original team of 10 was broken up in the spring. Only two of us are
"safe" right now, and I'm one of them. This is very hard because I'd hate
to see these people leave, then I wonder why some people are still employed.
I'm "safe" only due to my position, knowledge, and working directly with
India developers. So I wish you luck... I know my position is a ticking
time bomb and can only hope I can hang in there for the duration.

Tracy
~~~~~~~

Old June 23rd 03, 07:48 PM
Tracy

ROFL.... It's an "inside" acronym for a business group for the corp. Drew &
I work for. I personally manage the work load of a team of 4.5 (three in
India, myself, and another .5 head in the US) for about 7 applications used
within the SCA (Supply Chain Applications) under KTBR (keep the business
running) for SMPA (Systems Manufacturing Planning Applications). Instead of
saying those long "names" describing where and what, we use acronym. The
corp. has an on-line dictionary which is rarely updated. So it is hard to
keep track of exactly what all of them mean.

Tracy
~~~~~~~
http://www.hornschuch.net/tracy/
"You can't solve problems with the same
type of thinking that created them."
Albert Einstein

*** spamguard in place! to email me: tracy at hornschuch dot net ***

What's ICG?

Old June 24th 03, 04:07 AM
Father Drew

Yes, acro city. You can actually get through a business meeting using
nothing but acronums.
As for woprking with india, I've been doing it for years. I have some good
friends over there now, I don't blame them at all. What country wouldn't
jump at good jobs? My problem is that I'm one of 6 white males left on my
floor. Everyone else is Indian. Gee, wonder why that is.

&

Old June 25th 03, 10:44 AM
Mel Gamble

From south of the border, they're taking over from the bottom up. From
overseas, they're taking over from the top down.

SQUISH!!!!

Mel Gamble

Old June 25th 03, 01:43 PM
Lecher9000

Interesting. I was divorced largely because i had a computer programming job,
which I hated, and which made me cranky, and resent my wife for being able to
stay home and watch TV and spend MY money. She simply refused to work ! I am
blamed for "choosing poorly".

I kept at the programming job because of the money, and I thought "at least
my wife won't leave, because I make a lot of money". Well, she left anyway,
taking most of MY assets, after having mooched off me for 13 years (free
benefits, nice house, free psychiatrist, her own car, the whole 9 yards).

After the divorce, I finally had some time to actually keep a lot of what I
earned, instead of having her make it disappear. That only lasted a few years,
though. In December, 2002, our programmimng jobs (at IBM Global Services) went
to India, and about 200 of us "American" programmers got the axe.

I look at it as a way to "start over" now. No ungrateful lazy
"self-actualizing" dependent wife ripping me off, no high-stress technojob. I
am now looking for a low stress job which I will enjoy, or at least not hate. I
still pay my monthly CS. I do not regret having a child, but I do regret being
so "stand-up Protestant Work Ethic do the right thing protect the woman and put
your head on the chopping block you are to be used and abused anything else is
unamerican and unmanly stop whining work harder earn more so the wife can spend
more". Bulls**t.

The sad thing is, even if I could do it all over, and got a prenup to protect
me from "choosing poorly", the prenup would have been thrown out by 90 percent
of the judges!!!

God Bless all of you guys who are DOING something to fix the problems with NCP
situation.

Old June 25th 03, 06:07 PM
TeacherMama

My sympathies, Lech, about your programming job. My sister's job went to
India, too. She tried to get some assistance in some sort of retraining,
and was told that retraining funds were to help those who had never worked,
not those who had worked until their jobs were shipped overseas. She had to
sell her house, home of 25 years, pack up her beloved husband who had just
suffered a stroke, and move. She is getting paid by SS to stay home and
take care of hubby until she can find something and get on her feet again.

"Lecher9000" wrote in message
[...]

Maternity clothes - waste of money? ted Pregnancy 39 February 23rd 04 04:19 PM
Christmas present request -- can you identify this? iowacookiemom General (moderated) 6 December 16th 03 02:44 PM
Cheap Nursing Shirts Nina Pregnancy 11 October 10th 03 08:39 PM
first-time parent question Marie General 22 October 6th 03 07:48 PM
¿JNCO Flamehead shirts - fashionable? ConTactMe General 0 September 26th 03 09:58 PM