I love dogs....I love children

Old October 13th 05, 11:14 PM
Carlson LaVonne

Default I love dogs....I love children

I have adopted many dogs in my lifetime (as well as a menagerie of other
animals). I have learned through experience and through education that
the least effective way to train, guide, and discipline a dog is through
hitting and intimidation.

Until August 2nd, I had two dogs, a German Shepherd/Lab mix that I
adopted and trained since he was a puppy, and a Springer Spaniel that I
adopted at 8 months of age. My youngest child moved back home after
graduation from college because she couldn't find a job. With her she
brought back a 2 year old Rottweiler/Shepard mix. I also have a cat
that the Rottie wants to kill.

Through diligence, training, and kindness the situation is correcting
itself. We don't hit the Rottie nor do we discipline through fear. We
discipline through diligence and kindness, knowing that the Rottie has
strong prey instincts but also a strong desire to please his humans.

I keep wondering why people insist on hitting, hurting, and shaming
children in the name of discipline. Children have so much more
cognitive potential that dogs. Yet we provide dogs more protection that
children, and it is so much easier for some individuals to raise and
train a dog in an effective and humane way that it is for these same
individuals to positively parent a human child.

LaVonne

Old October 14th 05, 02:56 AM
Doan

On Thu, 13 Oct 2005, Carlson LaVonne wrote:

I keep wondering why people insist on hitting, hurting, and shaming
children in the name of discipline. Children have so much more
cognitive potential that dogs. Yet we provide dogs more protection that
children, and it is so much easier for some individuals to raise and
train a dog in an effective and humane way that it is for these same
individuals to positively parent a human child.

So you feel that your parents treated you worse than a dog???

Doan

Old October 14th 05, 10:19 PM
Carlson LaVonne

Doan,

I assume you are a literate person with reading comprehension skills.
Where in my email did I say anything about my parents? As you so often
do, you totally missed the point of the posing.

I skimmed your posting history, and it appears that you actually may
experience difficulties with reading comprehension. So often your
responding. Your posts regarding research are so far from the actual
research results that I again question your ability to comprehend
written language.

This is nothing cause shame. Many intelligent adults experience similar
difficulties. Often these adults were not diagnosed and experienced no
intervention when they were children.

If you feel you have a learning disability (a reading comprehension
difficulty falls in this category) there are places to go for help.

LaVonne

Old October 15th 05, 12:07 AM
Doan

First, so much for the claim that I am on your killfile! ;-)

Second, my reading comprehension is fine. You said that your
parents spanked you when you were a child, did you not? If that
is the case, then you can certainly response if you feel that
your parents treated you worse than a dog. For that it what
your post seem to imply about spanking parents.

Third, as for the reseach, you claimed to have posted "numerous
times" research where the non-cp alternatives are better than
spanking under the same circumstances. Here is your chance
to prove that you are not a liar. I posted citations from
Gershoff, Baumrind & Larzelere where they said they can't find
such thing. Either you put up or shut up!

Doan

Old October 16th 05, 01:39 AM
Carlson LaVonne

Doan wrote:

First, so much for the claim that I am on your killfile! ;-)

You may not understand how a killfile works. One can take an individual
off a killfile and put the individual back on a killfile. I temporarily
removed yoiur name from my killfile,

Second, my reading comprehension is fine. You said that your
parents spanked you when you were a child, did you not?

Where did I say that?

If that
is the case, then you can certainly response if you feel that
your parents treated you worse than a dog. For that it what
your post seem to imply about spanking parents.

I don't know how to "certainly response" to something. Perhaps you
understand the phrase better than I.

Third, as for the reseach, you claimed to have posted "numerous
times" research where the non-cp alternatives are better than
spanking under the same circumstances. Here is your chance
to prove that you are not a liar. I posted citations from
Gershoff, Baumrind & Larzelere where they said they can't find
such thing. Either you put up or shut up!

I have been on this ng since 1995. If you want the research, go find
it. It is in the archives.

You have misrepreseated research from the time you arrived here. Back
in the kill file you go.

Old October 16th 05, 06:43 AM
Doan

On Sat, 15 Oct 2005, Carlson LaVonne wrote:

Doan wrote:

First, so much for the claim that I am on your killfile! ;-)

You may not understand how a killfile works. One can take an individual
off a killfile and put the individual back on a killfile. I temporarily
removed yoiur name from my killfile,

LOL! How convenient!

Second, my reading comprehension is fine. You said that your
parents spanked you when you were a child, did you not?

Where did I say that?

So now you're claiming that you were never spanked???

If that
is the case, then you can certainly response if you feel that
your parents treated you worse than a dog. For that it what
your post seem to imply about spanking parents.

I don't know how to "certainly response" to something. Perhaps you
understand the phrase better than I.

Certainly! ;-)

Third, as for the reseach, you claimed to have posted "numerous
times" research where the non-cp alternatives are better than
spanking under the same circumstances. Here is your chance
to prove that you are not a liar. I posted citations from
Gershoff, Baumrind & Larzelere where they said they can't find
such thing. Either you put up or shut up!

I have been on this ng since 1995. If you want the research, go find
it. It is in the archives.

LOL! Once a liar always a liar.

You have misrepreseated research from the time you arrived here. Back
in the kill file you go.

LaVonne

What is "misrepreseated"? And is this a permanetn killfile or just
"temporary"? ;-)

Old October 17th 05, 11:15 PM
Carlson LaVonne

Doan wrote:

First, so much for the claim that I am on your killfile! ;-)

You may not understand how a killfile works. One can take an individual
off a killfile and put the individual back on a killfile. I temporarily
removed yoiur name from my killfile,

LOL! How convenient!

Yes, it is. It's unfortunate that you didn't understand how a killfile
works.

Second, my reading comprehension is fine. You said that your
parents spanked you when you were a child, did you not?

Where did I say that?

So now you're claiming that you were never spanked???

I didn't claim anything about my childhood. I'm asking you about your
claim above that I will quote "You said that your
parents spanked you when you were a child, did you not?"

If that

is the case, then you can certainly response if you feel that
your parents treated you worse than a dog. For that it what
your post seem to imply about spanking parents.

I don't know how to "certainly response" to something. Perhaps you
understand the phrase better than I.

Certainly! ;-)

If suspect you made a typo here, but I don't know why I would "certainly
response" or certainly respond. I made no claim regarding my parents
and my childhood that needs a response or a respond. You are the
individual that made that claim, and you know nothing of my childhood.

Third, as for the reseach, you claimed to have posted "numerous
times" research where the non-cp alternatives are better than
spanking under the same circumstances. Here is your chance
to prove that you are not a liar. I posted citations from
Gershoff, Baumrind & Larzelere where they said they can't find
such thing. Either you put up or shut up!

I have been on this ng since 1995. If you want the research, go find
it. It is in the archives.

LOL! Once a liar always a liar.

Where is the lie? I haven't been on the ng since 1995? I haven't
posted research? There is no such thing as an archive? Perhaps you
could explain to the rest of us what lie you are accusing me of this time.

You have misrepreseated research from the time you arrived here. Back
in the kill file you go.

LaVonne

What is "misrepreseated"? And is this a permanetn killfile or just
"temporary"? ;-)

Yes, typos happen, don't they? You have misrepresented research from
the time you arrived here. And my killfile is temporary. Could you
explain a permanent killfile that cannot be changed by the computer
owner and administrator?

Old October 18th 05, 05:18 PM
Doan

Doan wrote:

First, so much for the claim that I am on your killfile! ;-)

You may not understand how a killfile works. One can take an individual
off a killfile and put the individual back on a killfile. I temporarily
removed yoiur name from my killfile,

LOL! How convenient!

Yes, it is. It's unfortunate that you didn't understand how a killfile
works.

If I am on your killfile, you wouldn't have seen my post!

Second, my reading comprehension is fine. You said that your
parents spanked you when you were a child, did you not?

Where did I say that?

So now you're claiming that you were never spanked???

I didn't claim anything about my childhood. I'm asking you about your
claim above that I will quote "You said that your
parents spanked you when you were a child, did you not?"

Shall I repost from the archive? ;-)

If that

is the case, then you can certainly response if you feel that
your parents treated you worse than a dog. For that it what
your post seem to imply about spanking parents.

I don't know how to "certainly response" to something. Perhaps you
understand the phrase better than I.

Certainly! ;-)

If suspect you made a typo here, but I don't know why I would "certainly
response" or certainly respond. I made no claim regarding my parents
and my childhood that needs a response or a respond. You are the
individual that made that claim, and you know nothing of my childhood.

Only what you posted on this newsgroup. ;-)

Third, as for the reseach, you claimed to have posted "numerous
times" research where the non-cp alternatives are better than
spanking under the same circumstances. Here is your chance
to prove that you are not a liar. I posted citations from
Gershoff, Baumrind & Larzelere where they said they can't find
such thing. Either you put up or shut up!

I have been on this ng since 1995. If you want the research, go find
it. It is in the archives.

LOL! Once a liar always a liar.

Where is the lie? I haven't been on the ng since 1995? I haven't
posted research? There is no such thing as an archive? Perhaps you
could explain to the rest of us what lie you are accusing me of this time.

The lie is your claim to have posted "numerous times" studies that showed
non-cp alternatives are better than spanking, under the same statistical
analysi. THERE IS NONE! Gershoff can't find any:

"Baumrind et al. (2002) cited several studies that have found
corporal punishment to be less associated with negative outcomes
than are other discipline techniques. Although this may be true,
just because other techniques are worse than corporal punishment
does not make corporal punishment any better. Until positive
effects are linked with corporal punishment, it should not be
routinely recommended as a method of controlling children. However,
it is important to note that their argument does point to the
need for similar research on all methods of parental discipline, not
just corporal punishment."

LIAR!

You have misrepreseated research from the time you arrived here. Back
in the kill file you go.

LaVonne

What is "misrepreseated"? And is this a permanetn killfile or just
"temporary"? ;-)

Yes, typos happen, don't they? You have misrepresented research from
the time you arrived here. And my killfile is temporary. Could you
explain a permanent killfile that cannot be changed by the computer
owner and administrator?

LaVonne

I thought I am back in your killfile? DO YOU KNOW WHAT A KILLFILE IS? ;-)

Old October 18th 05, 07:22 PM

Tell you what, screaching dancing monkeyboy, I'll both educate LaVonne
to what a 'Bozo Bin' is, so she doesn't have to look you up to see what
you are up to here, AND I'll insist she post what you claim she didn't,
when YOU answer this little question you have avoided for what, about a
year now?

'Where is the line between safe corporal punishment and abusive
punishment?"

You must answer it honestly, not the evasions you go into by trying to
claim someone else has the answer. I am not asking someone else, just
you.

What is YOUR definition of safe that will insure, 100% the child will
not be subjected to injuries, but CP is used right up to the line where
if crossed injury would ensue?

Nothing to it for a genius, or a dancing monkeyboy, such as you.

R R R R RR R

0:-

Old October 19th 05, 12:24 AM
Carlson LaVonne

Doan wrote:

First, so much for the claim that I am on your killfile! ;-)

You may not understand how a killfile works. One can take an individual
off a killfile and put the individual back on a killfile. I temporarily
removed yoiur name from my killfile,

LOL! How convenient!

Yes, it is. It's unfortunate that you didn't understand how a killfile
works.

If I am on your killfile, you wouldn't have seen my post!

Of course I would have, if I had removed the block. I removed the
block. I saw your post.

Second, my reading comprehension is fine. You said that your
parents spanked you when you were a child, did you not?

Where did I say that?

So now you're claiming that you were never spanked???

I didn't claim anything about my childhood. I'm asking you about your
claim above that I will quote "You said that your
parents spanked you when you were a child, did you not?"

Shall I repost from the archive? ;-)

Please do.

If that

is the case, then you can certainly response if you feel that
your parents treated you worse than a dog. For that it what
your post seem to imply about spanking parents.

I don't know how to "certainly response" to something. Perhaps you
understand the phrase better than I.

Certainly! ;-)

If suspect you made a typo here, but I don't know why I would "certainly
response" or certainly respond. I made no claim regarding my parents
and my childhood that needs a response or a respond. You are the
individual that made that claim, and you know nothing of my childhood.

Only what you posted on this newsgroup. ;-)

Let's see it, doan.

[...]

You apparently consider yourself good with archives. Go dig up my posts.

"Baumrind et al. (2002) cited several studies that have found
corporal punishment to be less associated with negative outcomes
than are other discipline techniques. Although this may be true,
just because other techniques are worse than corporal punishment
does not make corporal punishment any better. Until positive
effects are linked with corporal punishment, it should not be
routinely recommended as a method of controlling children. However,
it is important to note that their argument does point to the
need for similar research on all methods of parental discipline, not
just corporal punishment."

Yes, Baumrind said this.

LIAR!

However, this has absolutely nothing to do with my claim to have posted
numerous times, studies that showed non-cp alternatives are better than
sapnking. I'm not debating Baumrind or Gershoff. I'm debating the
statement you are making that I am a liar for stating that I have posted
studies showiong non-cp alternatives are better than spanking. You
consider your self good with archives. Go to the archives of the past
ten years.

You have misrepreseated research from the time you arrived here. Back
in the kill file you go.

LaVonne

What is "misrepreseated"? And is this a permanetn killfile or just
"temporary"? ;-)

Yes, typos happen, don't they? You have misrepresented research from
the time you arrived here. And my killfile is temporary. Could you
explain a permanent killfile that cannot be changed by the computer
owner and administrator?

LaVonne

I thought I am back in your killfile? DO YOU KNOW WHAT A KILLFILE IS? ;-)

Yes, I do. I left your posts open because you were only engaging in
misrepresentation and not disrespect. When your posts become
disrespectful, I simply put you back in my killfile and block your
posts. I don't deal with disrespect and name calling.

You are already engaging in name-calling and disrespectful behavior.
However, because of your claims regarding archives, I thought I'd wait
to put you back in the killfile and see if you can respond with the
information -- from the archives -- that you claim you have.

Perhaps you were spanked as a child and didn't learn respect because you
were not respected in your formative years.