Wedding etiquette?

Old June 21st 07, 06:12 AM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
xkatx

Default Wedding etiquette?

"Nikki" wrote in message

"Marie" wrote in message

Have you ever looked up "high needs"? Dr. Sears's website and books
talk about it. I had read of other moms before who said their baby was
high needs, and I had thought there was no way a baby can be that
clingy and needy, but then I went and had one of them LOL Reading it
actually made me feel a little better...it wasn't something *I* was
doing wrong.
Marie

Marie,

I forget how old your daughter is. Do you still feel she is high needs?

Hunter was a very needy baby like you guys describe. Things started to
turn around at around 2.5yo and he was a really easy toddler and I have to
say that he is an easy kid too. He's 8yo now. Luke was not a needy baby.
He was happy go-lucky. Always smiling. Starting at about 2yo he became
more and more high maintenance. He is 6yo now and still high maintenance
although it is getting a little better. It peaked at around 5.5yo.

Hm... DS is just about 6.5, and I would say he is definitely high
maintenance, and has been for a little while.
It seemed to have started right around 5, and I can't pinpoint exactly when
or why. When DD1 was born, DS was 4.5. We had a pretty bad car accident 2
days after DS's 5th birthday and 2 days before DD1 was 6 months exactly. It
was right around this time that I found DS to get a bit high maintenance
(easiest word to use!) and I don't know if it was because of a younger
sibling or because of that accident. DS was ALWAYS a content and easy baby.
He could be left with someone else, wasn't picky about much. Anyone could
feed him, play with him, hold him. Now, though, he has his moments, I'll
say! lol

It is amazing how their personalities can change like that and just
wondered if you noticed a change or if your dd remained fairly high needs.

--
Nikki, mama to
Hunter 4/99

Old June 21st 07, 12:43 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
Sue

xkatx" wrote in message news:KYfei.1098
At least I don't feel so alone. With each of the kids, I've noticed how
they can be like night and day.

Oh yes. All three of mine are different. Although with the same rules and
same parents, each one has their own personality.

With DD2, though, she seems to be on the far end of extreme compared to the
others.

You're not alone. My last child was/is very high maintenence and was very
clingy as a toddler, not so much as a baby though, although she is still
very clingy at 10 yrs old. DD3 didn't have the opportunities to be away
from me much when she was little because at that time, my mom died and she
was the one that I left the kids with most of the time. However, due to
medical problems with my oldest daughter, I had to make sure that her
siblings took bottles and could be away from me and that I had people in
place to take care of my kids. It wasn't easy and sometimes I just had to
leave, but what are you going to do.

--
Sue

Old June 21st 07, 01:20 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
Marie

On Thu, 21 Jun 2007 07:43:45 -0400, "Sue"
wrote:
You're not alone. My last child was/is very high maintenence and was very
clingy as a toddler, not so much as a baby though, although she is still
very clingy at 10 yrs old.

I call it the last-child syndrome. Though I had a friend whose first
baby was high-needs, and she went on to have 2 more children! Her
middle child was typical but her third is high-needs also. I think
part of the problem with that one though is that she is very
overprotective, and even now that the baby is about 8 months, if he
whimpers when I am holding him she immediately takes him from me lol
If I have walked away with him, and she doesn't hear him fussing, I
can sing or hold him certain ways and he stops crying and is happy.
Marie