In the news :)

Old April 2nd 04, 11:41 PM
Marnie

Default In the news :)

Sorry if this has been posted already ...
--
Marnie
--

http://pub.tv2.no/nettavisen/english/article208126.ece

MILK RECORD:
Woman paid for a car with breast milk
Av Morten Ø. Karlsen og Carin Pettersson 31.03.04 11:55

Anette Lie has the Norwegian record for delivery of breast milk. She made so
much on the breast milk that she purchased a car for the money.

According to the Norwegian radio channel Kanal 24, Lie has produced 501.5
liters breast milk for sale last since May of last year.

«I'm making some money on this as they pay 135 krone per liter,» Lie said to
TV 2. «I've gotten my driver's license and bought a car, everything paid by
breast milk.»

With the liter price of NOK 135 (USD 19.56), Lie got an income of more than
NOK 65,000 (USD 9430) on her breast milk. She has an 11 month old son.

According to Lie, it is genetic explanations why she produced so much milk.

«My mother was the same way, and I've heard my grand mother nursed children
around town, so it's hereditary,» Lie said. «It's my hormones. I apparently
have lots of them.»

Kanal 24 reported that the hospital across the country need breast milk, but
stressed that the deliveries do not have to as large as those from Lie.

The average donor provides one and half to two liters a week, while Lie has
delivered as much as 11 liters.

Old April 2nd 04, 11:57 PM
DeliciousTruffles

Marnie wrote:

Sorry if this has been posted already ...
--
Marnie
--
=20
http://pub.tv2.no/nettavisen/english/article208126.ece
=20
MILK RECORD:
Woman paid for a car with breast milk
Av Morten =D8. Karlsen og Carin Pettersson 31.03.04 11:55
=20
=20
=20
Anette Lie has the Norwegian record for delivery of breast milk. She ma=

de so
much on the breast milk that she purchased a car for the money.
=20
According to the Norwegian radio channel Kanal 24, Lie has produced 501=

=2E5
liters breast milk for sale last since May of last year.
=20
=ABI'm making some money on this as they pay 135 krone per liter,=BB Li=

e said to
TV 2. =ABI've gotten my driver's license and bought a car, everything p=

aid by
breast milk.=BB
=20
With the liter price of NOK 135 (USD 19.56), Lie got an income of more =

than
NOK 65,000 (USD 9430) on her breast milk. She has an 11 month old son.
=20
According to Lie, it is genetic explanations why she produced so much m=

ilk.
=20
=ABMy mother was the same way, and I've heard my grand mother nursed ch=

ildren
around town, so it's hereditary,=BB Lie said. =ABIt's my hormones. I ap=

parently
have lots of them.=BB
=20
Kanal 24 reported that the hospital across the country need breast milk=

, but
stressed that the deliveries do not have to as large as those from Lie.=

=20
The average donor provides one and half to two liters a week, while Lie=

has
delivered as much as 11 liters.

:-O

Aye Carumba!!!!!!

That's a lot of milk!

--=20
Brigitte aa #2145
http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/i/isabellazora/

~ Harriet Martineau

Old April 3rd 04, 12:30 AM
Naomi Pardue

Woman paid for a car with breast milk

Aye Carumba!!!!!!

That's a lot of milk!

Butter and egg money?

Naomi
CAPPA Certified Lactation Educator

reply.)
Old April 3rd 04, 12:36 AM
Phoebe & Allyson

DeliciousTruffles wrote:

The average donor provides one and half to two liters a week, while
Lie has
delivered as much as 11 liters.

:-O

Aye Carumba!!!!!!

That's a lot of milk!

Even 2 liters is a lot of milk - 71 ounces? That's 10 ounces a day of
*extra* milk. And she's producing 56 ounces. A day. Wow.

Phoebe

Old April 3rd 04, 01:29 AM
Plissken

"Phoebe & Allyson" wrote in message
| DeliciousTruffles wrote:
| |
| Even 2 liters is a lot of milk - 71 ounces? That's 10 ounces a day of
| *extra* milk. And she's producing 56 ounces. A day. Wow.

When my DD was born I was pumping for her as she would not latch on right
away. The public health nurse told me to pump every 2-3 hours which I did
and she said double pumping would produce more, so I double pumped. I was
pumping about 9 times a day (would get up at night to pump to as I wanted to
maintain my supply). I didn't even think about it...DD was only eating 3
ounces or so at a time but I was pumping about 7-9 oz. at a time, that's at
least 63 oz a day sometimes more! Moooooooo. Needless to say when I stopped
pumping I became engorged and got mastitis :-(

Nadene

Old April 5th 04, 09:40 AM
Cat

"Marnie" wrote in message
Sorry if this has been posted already ...
--
Marnie
--

http://pub.tv2.no/nettavisen/english/article208126.ece

MILK RECORD:
Woman paid for a car with breast milk
Av Morten Ø. Karlsen og Carin Pettersson 31.03.04 11:55

Of course some of us read it in the original language (nener nener nener)

Tine, Denmark
(Danish and Norwegian are similar languages)

Old April 9th 04, 05:17 AM
Cadie

"Plissken" wrote in message

"Phoebe & Allyson" wrote in message
| DeliciousTruffles wrote:
| |
| Even 2 liters is a lot of milk - 71 ounces? That's 10 ounces a

day of
| *extra* milk. And she's producing 56 ounces. A day. Wow.

When my DD was born I was pumping for her as she would not latch on

right
away. The public health nurse told me to pump every 2-3 hours which

I did
and she said double pumping would produce more, so I double pumped.

I was
pumping about 9 times a day (would get up at night to pump to as I

wanted to
maintain my supply). I didn't even think about it...DD was only

eating 3
ounces or so at a time but I was pumping about 7-9 oz. at a time,

that's at
least 63 oz a day sometimes more! Moooooooo. Needless to say when I

stopped
pumping I became engorged and got mastitis :-(

Nadene

And isn't that a fun experience? I don't pump full time, but after
immediately after nursing Aries, I can still pump out a good 10 ounces
from each breast. Wish I didnt' hate pumping, might have pumped more
in the beginning to donate. Course, if I dont' pump during a missed
feed, I'm engorged.... usually engorged before it's time for him to
eat.

Ugh.

Little bad news, little good news Auntie Bubbles Pregnancy 6 December 6th 03 03:27 PM
Good News/Bad News? JG Kids Health 39 November 24th 03 03:37 PM
sad news (m/c) A&G&K Pregnancy 26 November 13th 03 12:19 PM
Important news For all webmaster,newsmaster Byron Canfield General 2 October 4th 03 12:47 AM
News of the Okies - 9/15/03 Uncle Jerry General 0 September 15th 03 03:01 PM