5th bday party

Old August 21st 03, 01:03 AM
KimandJuan

Default OT but 5th bday party

Are you in a bigger city? I would imagine that it might be more of a suburbia
trend. In the bigger cities where you tend to have two parents working with no
time to volunteer, they might not expect it. Just a theory anyway.

~Kimberly
Mommy to Alexis Iliana 07/17/99 and
Emma Elidia & Aislyn Gabriela 10/01/02
come see us...
http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/a/aislynemma/
Old August 21st 03, 02:33 PM
The Huwe Family

If you are interested in the position, why don't you go ask your child's
teacher. I know from experience that ALL help is greatly appreciated.

Gayle
"H Schinske" wrote in message

Room Mom or homeroom Mom is basically the go-between person of parents

and
teacher. She organizes parties, field trips and volunteers in the

classroom
from time to time.

I don't think my kids' school has these, and none of the schools I

attended did
either. I first heard of them in discussions online.

--Helen

Old August 21st 03, 04:42 PM
Andrea

Default 5th bday party

I also debated last year whether to invite the whole class to the girls' party,
but they were really only close to a couple children in the class whom they are
friends with outside of class anyway. So we just invited them, along with other
friends outside of school, & family members. BTW, only 1 other child invited
the entire class to her birthday party last year (and most of the class showed
up.....it was crazy). The school also has a policy (which I agree with) that
invitations will only be passed out in class if the entire class is being
invited.

If I were you, I'd just invite family members and children your son is already
friends with. Perhaps by the time the invites go out there will be a couple
classmates he wants to mail invitations to as well.

As far as goodie bags are concerned, I think if you are paying for them to all
go bowling then you can skip the goodie bags.

Andrea
twin girls-Jordan & Madison
3 yrs. old

ok, so this isn't in regards to my twins but rather their older brother,
James...He has just started kindergarten (yay!) and his 5th Bday is in a
month...now usually we've always had a family party with a few other kids
invited...or a bunch of kids for the first couple of hours followed by a
family bbq....Now, I know we don't *have to* to invite his entire class but
being that his bday is so early, its not like he's established a circle of
friends yet, kwim? Plus he's got the few others I know he would like to see
at his party, outside of his classmates.....my dilemma is (and I know I've
done it to myself) that we've decided to have his party at a bowling alley
and its $11/person...yeah, ouch! So how should I eliminate the kids?? I was
thinking that if the class list (which we have yet to receive) gave
addresses, that I would then just invite the kids that lived close by. Or
should I just invite them all and pray that only half show up???....or just
stick to the handful and maybe send a note to the other parents explaining
why their kiddo was left out??? Boy, I didn't think it would be this hard!!!
I don't want to hurt any kiddos feelings but I don't want 30-40 kids at my
house either!! LOL and the going rate at any birthday party type places is
is about the same....or more! GULP....help!
Gwen

Old August 21st 03, 10:01 PM
H Schinske

wrote:

Room Mom or homeroom Mom is basically the go-between person of parents and
teacher. She organizes parties, field trips and volunteers in the classroom
from time to time.

I don't think my kids' school has these, and none of the schools I attended
did
either. I first heard of them in discussions online.

--Helen

Okay, I *knew* this would happen -- one of my kids changed schools this year,
and we just got the letter from the new teacher. You guessed it, they have room
parents!

I love synchronicity.

--Helen