wDnnSCPS

Old June 3rd 05, 07:11 PM

Kane's Komments

(Offered in the belief that readers and posters to these Usenet
Newsgroups can easily recognize the lies being fed them by the anti
Child family hating posters that minimize and deny both the amount and
horrific effects of child abuse on our society.)

Kane:

Yeah, Doug. All over the country, as you claim, child abuse is going
down....when the facts show us that it's simply, in those states so
reporting, simply being denied, minimized, and cutbacks are resultingin
less REPORTING, not less actual child abuse. The same trick used by you
to lie about other areas of child abuse, such as sexual abuse and the
bogus claims that foster parents actually DO more abuse and murder of
foster children than the general population.

Everywhere child abuse is on the rise. And you, and Wexler lied when
you tried to minimize (you by reprinting) meth as a the major problem
in Oregon's overwhelmed child protection system. Two days ago they
busted a superlab in a little rural burg along the I-5 corridor, a
major drug pipeline highway, that in ONE brewcooking turnaround could
and likely DID produce 400,000 doses, hits, of meth....enough to proved
doses to every man women and child in Portland Oregon. Oregon isn't
just a location for little mom and pop bathroom cookers, you lying
twit. It's been a major victim of the drug trade, and meth since pre
1968 when I say my first meth caused death in Southern Oregon's Cave
Junction-Illinois Valley area.

HAWAII Child Abuse Hits All-Time High
KGMB9 - Honolulu,HI,USA
.... cases that have recently made headlines, including the chilling
accounts
of Peter Boy Kema, comes even more bad news: Hawaii's cases of child
abuse
are on the ...
http://kgmb.starrtechsites.com/kgmb/display.cfm?storyID=4983

Kane:
Make no mistake about it, when you see these "rare" as some of you
claim only 10% of all reported abuse, there are thousands of unreported
cases that can fall from the lower level risk all the way up to and
including these severe cases. It's the "seen mouse" reality. If you see
one, you have 50 you never see, but pick up signs of.....mouse **** in
your silverware drawer being analagous to crime, mental illness,
poverty, and other human problems being the outcomes of the presence of
undiscovered child abuse.

As we know from evidence freely shared in these ngs by the perp, who
got cut off by one state's righteous intervention before he could
escalate, as pervs and abusers always do, it's the boyfriend problem.
Media piece after media piece exposes this ugly problem of needy women
with children in the household.

Imagine beating a one year old. For WHAT, being a child? Male ANIMALS
try to kill the offspring of their mates former mates, not HUMAN
BEINGS. Human being value all children, their's and other's, because we
know that they will grow to be the society we age in and OUR own
children are born into and grow up in.

JACKSON man charged with felony child abuse
SunHerald.com - Biloxi,MS,USA
- A Jackson man faces one count of felony child abuse after what
authorities
said was the severe beating of his girlfriend's 1-year-old daughter.
http://www.sunherald.com/mld/thesunherald/11796943.htm

Kane:

The nutso fundies (there are NON-nutso fundies of good character, of
course) are still at it. Weaklings, stupid, arrogant, "We own the
child," superstitious, insane fools creating hell on earth for
children. Lock them up. Make it illegal to advocate violence agianst
children just as it is to make pornography using children. The idea
that there is any credibility in faith healing will one day be
univerally seen for the nonsense it is, just as the "science" of
"humors," and "vapors" and evil spirits causeing sickness has been. But
for now we have to put up with childen being MURDERED for superstition.

The protestors but it very well with: " This is a very serious issue,
added Asser in a statement announcing the demonstration. What these
religions are practicing is nothing less than human sacrifice."

You child hating "owners" do not OWN a child. NO ONE DOES, except
themselves. You are entrusted with them, nothing more. You "owners" are
sick, misled, self important, weak minded pukes. You put yourself over
someone weaker than you that is vulnerable by the most precious
characteristic of human beings, the reliance on each other for support
and care until we can be independent.

You are sick to use this to make a possession out of sovereign humans.

PROTEST FAITH-BASED CHILD ABUSE AT CHRISTIAN SCIENCE CONVENTION ...
PHXNews - Phoenix,AZ,USA
Spearheaded by Dr. Seth Asser of CHILD, INC. (Children's Healthcare Is
a Legal Duty), the protest hopes to draw public attention ...
http://www.phxnews.com/fullstory.php?article=21791

Kane:
You see Doug, just as I've said, the world is waking up to and exposing
child abuse, and this country is out front in exposing this
evolutionary dead end SOME human beings are far along the road to. YOU
people will NOT determine human civilization's standards. WE will stop
the viscious, blind, abuses of children YOU minimize and deny. Those of
you that deny the effects of child sexual abuse because it wasn't
"violent" are sickest of the sick. You encourage perpetrators to set
aside basic human empathy and sympathy, and pretend that because the
child didn't fight back, and went along with the perp it was okay. SICK
SICK SICK SICK. You should be subject to laws related to collusion and
conspiracy by your arguments that child abuse isn't harmful. The
evidence that it is is undeniable. The victims themselves attest to it.

CHILD abuse, the law and sworn evidence
Cayman Net News - grand cayman,Cayman Islands
.... the ways of a child. Child abuse; sexual abuse; indecent assault of
a child; molestation of a child; incest, etc. No end to the ...
http://caymannetnews.com/2005/06/849/letter1.shtml

Kane:

Assuming at various times you've suffered minor burns you could pull
away from in reaction to the pain, and can remember your intense pain,
then imagine the agony of a child that is burned by a perp that she can
cannot jerk away from.

Some I've known of include dunking in scalding water, being sat on a
hot radiator or stove top, burnt with cigarettes, even charcoal
igniters.

The many seconds of applied burning by the hand of an adult
"caretaker," is pure horror, and you know, you sick *******s, that YOU
are responsible for minimizing such things. YOU are supporting the
crippling of child protection systems.

Some of YOU deny the extent of child abuse, and many more children than
this one will NEVER have ANYONE intervene for them.

YOU are sick.

And though this mother came through for the child, note that we see
cases where the mother LIES to coverup for the perp.

CHILD Abuse Investigation
WOWT - Omaha,NE,USA
A 12-month-old girl has been treated for burns to the torso and a
19-year-old
Omaha man has been booked for Felony Child Abuse. ...
http://www.wowt.com/news/headlines/1598466.html

Kane's final Komments on this commentary:

At the site below, read the story of someone abused horribly from
kindergarten until she was 13....all that time without ANYONE
intervening or advocating for her. 8 years of pain and horror.

Know that this isn't an isolated rare case. It's what CPS workers see
routinely...children coming to attention of the state only after YEARS
of unreported abuse and neglect, and these kinds of horrors.

http://www.freewebs.com/stopchildabu...abusestory.htm

At the risk that some of your sicker little pukes, bobber take notice,
I'm going to post just ONE of the support groups ... fortunately
moderated, so only the moderators will have to see your sick attacks
and denial and mocking of victims of childhood abuse.

This is a relative small group...but if you read the contributions
you'll see, if you have any capacity left in your sick souls for
empathy, why it is so very difficult for victims to even join such a
group.

This is one of the pieces, just a sliver, of the iceberg that is child
abuse, and really only one area...childhood sexual abuse.

In time, adults that have been abused as children, and never, or poorly
advocated for, will have a voice, and they well be looking for you sick
people. Trust me.

First they have to deal with their denial and self blame but the time
will come when they will understand their innocence in the events and
you will answer.

bobber, greegor, Doug, Michael, and various socks, it won't be long
now. There are millions of them. Millions. And only now are they
finding their voice.

And they're coming for you.

http://saferoom.org/srpguidelines.html

Try to lie to THEM.

0:-

Old June 4th 05, 01:46 AM
Pop

wrote in message

(Offered in the belief that readers and posters to
these Usenet
Newsgroups can easily recognize the lies being fed
them by the anti
Child family hating posters that minimize and deny
both the amount and
horrific effects of child abuse on our society.)

Kane:

Yeah, he addresses himself, writes a tirade of crap and
thinks that some thinking person is actually going to
read it and fill up his ego cup. What a laugh! You've
almost attained the status of a thousand monkeys for a
thousand years at a thousand typewriters with a
thousand paper handlers ...

Old June 4th 05, 01:53 AM

Tell us again in alt.support.foster-parents about how spammers harvest
email addies. It is after all your mission to force everyone to post on
topic to that ng, is it not?

Would I be doing so if I posted a piece on how Web Nuts perform their
little twists of logic to glorify themselves on Usenet?

I have one about POPinjay that would be a pip, and according to YOUR
posting methods, would be on topic.

0:-

Old June 4th 05, 07:01 AM

Kane's Komments

Kane:

I get the distinct impression that some folks here don't appreciate
having their lying little noses rubbed in the truth every day and
sometimes twice a day. Your denial is the friction that heats this ng.

No such thing as ritual or satanic abuse eh? Hell, it's all over the
place and has been for years. Even the FBI has clear evidence in its
files that indeed, it's been happening. I think the practitioners of it
are the disinformation folks that keep claiming it doesn't exist.

POLICE investigating 30 cases of suspected child abuse involving ...
Independent - London,England,UK
.... But the concept of black magic in children could not be used to
condone
child abuse, said Detective Inspector Brian Mather, head of Hackney
child
abuse ...
http://news.independent.co.uk/uk/crime/story.jsp?story=643953

Kane:
One of the interesting bits in this piece, is that age old condemnation
of CPS:
"The series reported that 41 percent of child-abuse deaths during the
previous decade were preceded by warnings - often multiple warnings -
to county child protection agencies."

And no one bothers, as any professional, and the one here, the lying
sack of ****, KNOWS...CPS is inundated with "warnings" of impending
abuse and dangerou conditions for children on a daily basis. A child
death NOT preceeded by warnings would be the rarity, fools. ALL CPS
CALLS ARE WARNINGS ABOUT ABUSE OF CHILDREN, so this so called
malfeasance by CPS when child is KILLED BY PARENTS is a piece of
propagandistic crappola.

MULTIPLE reviews in child-abuse deaths
Denver Post - Denver,CO,USA
.... The legislation was introduced by Rep. Debbie Stafford, R-Aurora,
in
response to a 2003 Denver Post series about child- abuse deaths. ...
http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_2777014

Kane:
Awwww...poor guy. He was just spanking and since Doan and others won't
tell us where the line is so we can warn parents not to cross it,
society is at fault.

R R R R....

"Rachel Wilkins, a deputy Brown County state's attorney, said Krage
claims he spanked his then-7-year-old son in October 2004, the time of
the alleged abuse. However, Wilkins said, bruises indicated Krage did
more than spank the boy.

Wilkins said the boy had bruises from his lower back to his upper
thighs. She said none of the injuries were debilitating or resulted in
broken bones or long-lasting injuries."

ABERDEEN man faces child abuse charges
Aberdeen American News - Aberdeen,SD,USA
By Scott Waltman. Wayne L. Krage, 51, faces a count of abuse of or
cruelty
to a minor. The crime is a felony punishable by as much ...
http://www.aberdeennews.com/mld/aberdeennews/news/11805493.htm

Kane:
Well, it looks like those blasted feminazis are at it again. Two women
were involved in prosecuting this poor man that was just enjoying a
little obviously consensual cooze with a girl, from 9 to 13, a mere 4
years of sexual ab...'scuse, sexual curiosity...bobber. 0;-}

To harsh a sentence, right bobber?

BIRMES pleads guilty to child abuse
Sherman Denison Herald Democrat - Sherman/Denison,TX,USA
By Jerrie Whiteley. A Sherman man pleaded guilty Thursday to
child-abuse
charges and was sentenced to 25 years in prison. District ...
http://www.heralddemocrat.com/articles/2005/06/03/local_news/iq_1855173.txt

Kane: And these folks, as just the most extreme cases. Imagine the
cases the fall just below that line, or are never investigated because
no one has reported them. Let's cut CPS back so they will have less and
less resources. After all, if you can't count the abuse, and in line
with so much of bobber's and others logic here, it's no longer abuse.
Right? 0:-

Old June 4th 05, 12:53 PM
Pop

Ritualistic, eh? Good, I've been trying to think of
that in reference to what the kane does. It fits well.

Almost no one gives a crap what you phoney impressions
might be or what you think about some other folks.
DON'T GO AWAY MAD, JUST GO AWAY.

ups.com...

Old June 4th 05, 12:55 PM
Pop

My goal, not my mission, is to give the group back to
its intended purpose when all the likes of you have
been purged or gone to other places where you will lead
better lives of misery. DON'T GO AWAY MAD, JUST GO
AWAY.

oups.com...

Old June 4th 05, 11:27 PM

Kane's Komments

Kane: And today, kiddies, we start with the remarkable information that
someone that thinks meth is an overblown issue isn't aware of this
problem in Missouri:
No charges have been filed, though Bullock said a young man who used to
work at the restaurant is being scrutinized. That man's friends had
trouble with the same officer years ago.

Missouri is among the nation's hardest-hit states in terms of meth
production and arrests. Police in Desloge and the surrounding counties
make hundreds of meth arrests every year.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/meth_burg...JlYmhvBHNlYwM-

Kane:

And the spanking debate goes on. Looks like that decision to allow
bruises may be coming up for a challenge one day. Soon, I hope.

Opinion: Editorial
Fine line between discipline and abuse

Tuesday, May 31, 2005 7:42 PM EDT
A decision in a Mason County courtroom last week to refuse revocation
of a man's probation after he went against the terms of that probation
and spanked his child brought applause from some on hand for the
hearing.

The reaction of the courtroom, we believe should be cause for alarm.

While a swat on the backside may be productive in some instances,
spanking a 5-year-old child to the point of leaving bruises on the
child's buttocks is nothing to cheer about under any circumstances.

According to testimony in the courtroom, the child was riding his
bicycle too close to a street intersection for safety when his father
warned him to stop. When the child failed to respond to three warnings,
he was taken into the house and made to recite the alphabet. When that
failed to garner the desired response from the child, the 5-year-old
was spanked by his father.

While there are those who fall on both sides of the spanking issue, we
would argue that no one condones a spanking that leaves physical
evidence of the punishment long after it has been administered.

Those opposed to spanking in any situation have some pretty convincing
evidence from studies which show that it does more harm than good on
their side. That includes several studies which indicate that children
who are hit for punishment are more likely to hit others throughout
their lives....

....full story at link below:

http://www.maysville-online.com/arti...l/930abuse.txt

Kane:

Betcha though I was making all that up about the massive hidden monster
of child abuse, and it coming out now in our time, huh?

You keep second guessing me too much, folksies. If you had a memory not
rotted from your addictions to propaganda and your subjective
stink-fact nonsense, you'd remember how again and again I've what you
think are "predictions," but are based on my observations and applying
some well tested tools for making estimates of outcomes.

So here's one for yah, to help rattle your empty little heads:

RIGHTS:
Drawing Up a World Map of Violence Against Children

Marcela Valente

BUENOS AIRES, May 31 (IPS) - Violence against children and adolescents,
often meted out by their own parents, is an all-too-common problem
around the globe. Corporal punishment, sexual abuse and the
exploitation of minors through child labour are just some of the
practices that are widespread but often invisible.

To draw attention to this tragedy that plagues all regions of the
world, the United Nations commissioned a global Study on Violence
Against Children, based on consultations with governments, social
organisations in each country, and children.

Almost 100 countries, including 18 in Latin America, have already
responded to the consultations through questionnaires. Some 2,000 Latin
American children participated through consultations coordinated by
Save the Children, World Vision, Defence for Children International and
other organisations.

The study will be presented next year to the U.N. General Assembly once
the round of consultations currently behind carried out in nine regions
is completed.

Leading the study is independent expert Professor Paulo Sergio Pinheiro
from Brazil, who initiated the second round of consultations in Latin
America Monday in Buenos Aires.

''This is an emergency. We don't want to draw up a report for the
future generations. We need to change violent practices against
children now, not wait until they are adults,'' Pinheiro told an
auditorium of government officials and experts from 17 countries of
Latin America and the Caribbean.

In an interview with IPS, Pinheiro explained that the aim is not to
produce ''a catalogue of horror,'' but to identify good preventive
practices, and design recommendations for public policies aimed at
eradicating violence against children.

Pinheiro said one common problem that occurs in rich as well as poor
countries is corporal punishment, which takes place in the home with
the consent of the state.

''Many parents do not know any other way to deal with disciplinary
problems, and children assume that being hit or beaten is normal,'' he
said. .....
......full story at the link below:

http://www.ipsnews.net/africa/interna.asp?idnews=28899

Kane:
Here's an update for yah. Sounds like a false allegation case comin' up
on this former cop/foster parent.

Judge Grants Bond For Retired Cop Accused Of Molesting Foster Children
June 1, 2005, 05:56 PM
Email to a Friend Printer Friendly Version
Retired Cop Appears In Court On Molestation Charges
Friends Of Former Cop Shocked By Sex Abuse Accusations
Check All | Clear All
Latest WAVE Headlines
Meth Operation Found In Polo Fields Home
Police To Charge For False Alarm Runs
UofL President Proposes Arena Site
Coroner: Gunman Killed Himself As Police Stormed Store
Employees At New Albany Meijer Stole Customers' Credit Card Info Police
Say
Mayor Says Firehouse Concerns Being Addressed
Sound Off
Post Your Comments

By Janelle MacDonald

(JEFFERSONVILLE, Ind.) -- A former Jeffersonville police officer now
charged with sexual misconduct will be allowed to post bond. Steve
Westerfield was arrested Tuesday and charged with sexual abuse of two
of his former foster children. WAVE 3's Janelle MacDonald was in court
Wednesday for Westerfield's first appearance.

A retired 20-year veteran of the Jeffersonville police force and a
longtime foster dad, 52-year-old Steve Westerfield walked into court
Wednesday accused of sexual abuse with two of his former foster
daughters.

Westerfield's lawyer, Dan Moore, says Westerfield is "a little stunned,
a little surprised. He's been involved in this program for a very long
time."

Most of the 93 counts of child molesting, sexual misconduct with a
minor and child seduction center on one girl.

According to the Bill of Information filed by prosecutors, the girl
alleges the abuse started shortly after she arrived at Westerfield's
home in 1998, when she was eight.

The charges allege the abuse continued for seven years, until April of
2005, when the investigation began.

Moore says his client is innocent and reeling from the accusations.
"These charges are devastating, whenever charges are made like this
against any adult."

In all, the 52-year-old Westerfield is charged with 60 counts of child
molestation, 29 counts of sexual misconduct with a minor and four
counts of child seduction.

Moore says he's confused by the information filed in court. He says it
appears prosecutors did not list a specific date for any of the alleged
incidents, and that Westerfield was charged with one count for each
month starting in March 1998 and continuing through April 2005.

Those charges, Moore says, will be very hard to prove.

Seventeen-year-old Krystal Stepp says the allegations against
Westerfield are false, and says she should know: "He was my foster dad
for two years."

Stepp says she has no doubt that Westerfield is innocent. "He didn't do
anything that those girls said, I can promise you that."

She says during her time in Westerfield's house, he never behaved
inappropriately and was more of a father to her than her real dad.
"Anytime I needed to talk to him or anybody, he was there for me. He
would help me with my homework, he would take me out to eat, he would
just be a dad figure to me."

Stepp believes the two accusers are making up the story about being
abused. "You would have to know them and look at them and talk to them
to understand why they would say something like that. I was there most
of the time and whenever them girls were there, he wasn't messing with
them at all."....
.....full story at the link below:

http://www.wave3.com/Global/story.asp?S=3417284

Kane:
And no, bobber, I haven't forgotten you. Here's one with all the
ingredients...obviously a boy that willingly participated over time
with his "friend of the family."

It's sure strange how it effected him...what with there being,
according to you, likely no harm. He must have made up the drug stuff
and attempted suicide.

Why this lady should be sued. She actually has just "ruined" this man's
life, hasn't she bobber? 0;-

A Long and Twisted Road

Wirt Norris' guilty plea left much untold in a case that scarred Fort
Worth society.

By DAN MALONE

When Nancy Hallman finally figured out what was wrong with her only
son, Will, she couldn't believe the audacity of what had been done. A
man who had helped her family sell one house and buy another, who
placed a sign in her front yard with his name on it, who did business
with her husband's law firm, who seemed to know and be accepted by
many of her friends and acquaintances and who seemed to take a genuine
benevolent interest in her child, had snared and sexually molested the
12-year-old and sent him reeling through drugs, depression, and an
attempted suicide.

Nor did she believe Will was the first boy this man had touched. He was
in his 60s, and she suspected his hands must have been on other boys as
well, perhaps many others. She strained to remember the names of
families the man had mentioned, the names of their children, people he
was close to. And then she picked up the phone and began making calls,
horrible calls no mother should ever have to make, telling people who
must have surely thought she was crazy what had happened to her son and
warning that their own boys might have been victims as well.

But she knew the calls weren't enough. She wanted the entire city to
know what the man had done. What she decided on was crude and
inflammatory, but it proved to be very effective. She went to her
computer and typed out the blunt words that accused the man of being a
"sexual predator" who shamed his victims into secrecy. And in this
message, a message that in the long run changed the molester's world,
she used some of the very words he had told her son: "Don't tell
your parents what we guys do at the lake.'' She printed it out,
went to Kinko's and made 200 copies. And then she drove past the
man's church, by the country clubs he frequented, and through the
neighborhoods in which he made his fortune, letting the fliers flutter
through the open sunroof of her station wagon.

[[[ Kane: Remember my saying that it's estimated that fully as many of
90% of abuses are never reported? Notice, this is SEXUAL abuse, not all
kinds of abuses. ]]]

"Experts who study pedophiles believe only one in five victims of
male-on-male sexual abuse ever speak out, said prosecutor Amy Collum.
"Probably 80 to 90 percent will never come forward and tell you what
happened,'' she said."

.........full story at the link below:

http://www.fwweekly.com/content.asp?article=472

Kane:
So is this NOT child sexual abuse folks? After all, there was no
violence mentioned. And surely toddlers in day care can give informed
consent, right?

Just sexual curiosity and normal exploratios, right?

0;-

Bail Set for Man Accused of Child Sex Abuse
Antoin Charles Barber must stay at his grandmother's home and obey a
curfew.

By Jason Geary
The Ledger

BARTOW -- A judge set bail Wednesday for an 18-year-old man accused of
sexually abusing four children at his mother's home day care in North
Lakeland.

Circuit Judge Dennis Maloney also ordered Antoin Charles Barber to stay
at his grandmother's home in Lakeland, obey an 8 p.m. to 6 a.m. curfew
and have no contact with children younger than 16.

Barber remained in the Polk County Jail late Wednesday night in lieu of
$100,000 bail.

Police arrested Barber on April 27. He faces three counts of sexual
battery, one count of lewd molestation, four counts of lewd conduct and
four counts that involve showing a pornographic video to children.
.......full story at the link below:

http://www.theledger.com/apps/pbcs.d...506020371/1004

Kane:
Gee, isn't this the state where judges said it was okay to injure
children while disciplining? Bruising, folks, is blood vessel
trauma...broken, in other words. Torn. Damaged.

No spanking allowed (in Brookline)
By Monica Deady/ Brookline Tab
Thursday, June 2, 2005

Angry Brookline parents, beware.
Town Meeting passed a nonbinding resolution last week by a narrow
margin, encouraging Brookline residents to refrain from using corporal
punishment on children.
The resolution, which was debated at Town Meeting two times last
year and drew national media attention, encourages parents and
caregivers not to use corporal punishment on children, but instead to
use alternate nonviolent means of discipline.
Corporal punishment, according to the resolution, is "intentional
infliction of physical pain for the purpose of punishment."

Amid some sniping by Town Meeting members, politicians and the
petitioner about the article appearing before Town Meeting for a third
time, the resolution passed by the slim margin of 89-80.
Before the meeting, a few people stood in the rain handing out
stickers that read, "Kids' Safe Zone," with a no-spanking symbol.
"Well, I was relieved and certainly pleased and a little bit
surprised," said Ron Goldman, the resolution's petitioner and a....

http://www2.townonline.com/brookline...ticleid=258863

Kane:
Well, that's it for now, kiddies. And the iceberg continues to rise in
the water...and one day we'll see enough of it to grasp the range and
scope of these problems.

Well, you will.....as I already have a pretty good idea.

And when we are done with the "severe" 10%, this society is coming
after the rest of it that some of you minimize and ignore the horror
that children live in, in their own homes.

Old June 5th 05, 02:01 AM

Didn't see the article on the Foster parent being supported by one of
his foster kids against allegations of sexual abuse?

If you are going to be the newsgroup topic cop you better learn to read
and think. Start with Dick and Jane, and get a four year old to help
you on the hard words like "Fluffy."

0:-

Old June 5th 05, 02:08 AM

When I was a little tyke, from about six on up to 8 or 9, my mom would
give me 35 cents, and I'd go every Saturday to the matinee at the Grand
Lake Theater in Oakland CA.

I'd get in, and have a dime for popcorn and a soft drink. Nickle each.

The place, of course, was packed to the walls with little kids about my
age. And we'd watch the Serials, "Peril's of Pauline" with Betty
Hutton, boy did I have a crush on her. She wasn't rescued all that
often and in fact rescued the supporting characters.

The there was William S. Boyd, "Hopalong Cassidy," black outfit, two
pearl handled revolvers a white horse with black saddle. Boy was I,
like the other kids, transported.

Used to be one non-kid that came to all the matinees. Old skinny
geezer, had a face like popeye, no teeth actually, and of course wore a
white sailor hat.

At the most tense moments in the movie, like the villian would be
sneakin' around to get a shot at the hero, Ol Pop...that's what we
called him, Ol POP, would scream out. "LOOK OUT HOPPY LOOK OUT HE'S
BEHIND THE ROCKS."

Just ruint that moment for the rest of the kids, but Ol POP was sure
proud of himself, cause it worked. Hoppy DID notice, and Hoppy did
shoot the gun out of the villian's hand at 30 yards. You'd a thought
Pop had shot the gun out of the bad guy's hand. We finally got to
applauding him every Saturday, about five times per matinee.

We're so pleased to have Pop here with us today.

0:-}