Update on sister's induction

Old May 11th 05, 03:09 PM
Rebecca Jo

"Joybelle" wrote:

It's been a busy couple of days otherwise I would have posted sooner. My
sister went in for her induction at 39w2d on Monday. Fortunately, her
body
was already busy working into going into labor on its own because she was
dilated to four and 90% effaced, I believe. She was hooked up to pitocin
after the breaking of the waters didn't send her into labor. She had back
labor and went for the epidural. I believe baby was born posterior
(wasn't
there JUST a study posted about this being related or am I crazy??) She
was
threatened with a c-section because the doctor didn't think it was going
fast enough, but my mom managed to hold that off (geez, she was at 7cm)
and
my sis really didn't want one.

I'm glad your mom was there.

So I have a new niece, and she's gorgeous! She has this AMAZING shock of
black, black hair that has never been seen in our family. A sweet little
angel who sleeps and sleeps. I'm sure she'll wake up in due time.

Amanda Lynn
7 lbs 12 ozs
19 inches

Aww. Congratulations to the whole family.

Now, warning, there is a rant here. Please don't read on if you don't
want
to hear somebody bitch about breastfeeding sabotage.

My sister has wanted to breastfeed the entire pregnancy. She was nervous,
not sure she'd be able to do, but really wanted to. Well, her husband
didn't want her to because it's gross, and he wants to booooond with baby.
This is his sixth baby (my sister's first), and he hasn't let any of his
baby's mothers nurse. I'm not sure they wanted to, though. As for
bonding,
there are ways. My hubby doesn't seem to lack bonding with the baby!!
Really, to me, that is one of the lamest excuses in the books. It just
doesn't make sense.

So, my sister has been trying to breastfeed. Thank goodness, the nurses
have been supportive, but he has completely sabotaged the breastfeeding
relationship. Little A likes to sleep. A lot. So getting her awake to
nurse has been a bit of work. He will just take her and put a bottle in
her
mouth. He took her from my sister yesteray after she woke her and was
trying to latch her on and he gave her a bottle!!!!!! The nurses are
****ed, my family and I are ****ed, my sister is upset, but she won't do
anything. There are lots of problems with this relationship, if you can't
tell, but there's not much we've been able to do. He even had the gall to
go to the nurse's station a request a shot to dry up my sister's milk.
Without her consent. The nurses just looked at him like he was nuts and
said that they don't use that stuff anymore. He was all ****ed about
that.

There are some very negative issues with him and my sister. I wish I
could
do more about them, but I can't. I lend an ear to my sister, I try to
encourage her, and I'm hoping someday she's strong enough to walk away.

But, why oh why, does this poor baby have to suffer??? She NEEDS that
breastmilk. Apparently, she spits up loads after each bottle. Sigh. I'm
just so angry at him.

Okay, the rant is off.

What a jerk. Grr.

I adore my little niece, though, and I can't wait to hold her again.

:-D Yay, babies.

Joy

Rose 1-99
Iris 2-01
Spencer 3-03
# 4 Oct 2005

Old May 11th 05, 03:39 PM
Anne Rogers

congratulations on your new niece, sounds like your mum was a great labour
support for your sister, sorry about the breastfeeding, that guy doesn't
sound very pleasant or respectful

Anne

Old May 11th 05, 04:36 PM
sharalyns

((hugs)) Joy. Congrats on little Amanda! She sounds adorable! This guy
sounds like such a jerk. I hope your sister comes to her senses soon.
((hugs)) You're doing great in being supportive.

Sharalyn
mom to Alexander James (9/21/01)

Old May 11th 05, 05:03 PM
Joybelle

Default Update on sister's induction

--
Joy

Rose 1-99
Iris 2-01
Spencer 3-03
# 4 Oct 2005

Old May 11th 05, 10:11 PM
Joy

Thank you so much, Sharalyn!! Amanda is a real sweetie.

BIL is a jerk.

Thanks so much for the hugs!

Joy

Old May 11th 05, 10:35 PM
camandshane

Congratulations to your and your sister :-)

Oh but her husband - how awful - that story bought tears to my eyes -
It's a good thing that she has you there - I hope everything works out.

Cam

Old May 12th 05, 12:09 AM
Joybelle

"Rebecca Jo" wrote in message
"Joybelle" wrote:

[...]

Oh, me, too!! My BIL didn't want her there, but my sister did. She stood
up for that one, I guess. My mom is a great help during labor.

So I have a new niece, and she's gorgeous! She has this AMAZING shock

of
black, black hair that has never been seen in our family. A sweet

little
angel who sleeps and sleeps. I'm sure she'll wake up in due time.

Amanda Lynn
7 lbs 12 ozs
19 inches

Aww. Congratulations to the whole family.

Thank you very much!!!

[...]

He really is. I could go on, but I won't.

I adore my little niece, though, and I can't wait to hold her again.

:-D Yay, babies.

They're awesome!! After holding little Amanda I can't wait to go see her
again and snuggle some more.

--
Joy

Rose 1-99
Iris 2-01
Spencer 3-03
# 4 Oct 2005

Old May 12th 05, 12:12 AM
Joybelle

"Anne Rogers" wrote in message
congratulations on your new niece, sounds like your mum was a great labour
support for your sister, sorry about the breastfeeding, that guy doesn't
sound very pleasant or respectful

Thanks, Anne!! My mom is great support (she's been at all three of mine),
and I'm glad she was there. The breastfeeding thing sucks. It sounds like
my sister is still trying, though, and the baby is still latching on.
Here's hoping she's one of "those" babies who doesn't get confused. That
would be fantastic! BIL so isn't pleasant or respectful about many things.
It's a tough situation and hard to deal with sometimes.
--
Joy

Rose 1-99
Iris 2-01
Spencer 3-03
# 4 Oct 2005

Old May 12th 05, 07:43 PM
Joybelle

"camandshane" wrote in message
ups.com...
Congratulations to your and your sister :-)

Thank you, Cam!!

Oh but her husband - how awful - that story bought tears to my eyes -
It's a good thing that she has you there - I hope everything works out.

She's been really trying the last couple of days, and baby is latching on
still but will only nurse on one side. I wish I could spend more time
with her rather than supporting her over the phone, but she is still trying.
While I was talking to her this morning he was telling her to just give the
baby a bottle. She didn't, though, so yea!!!
--
Joy

Rose 1-99
Iris 2-01
Spencer 3-03
# 4 Oct 2005

Old May 12th 05, 08:11 PM
Plissken

Sorry, top posting as I only have one hand free and a very finicky computer.

Congratulations on your new niece. Little girls are wonderful, I have two.

Your sister really needs to get out of such an abusive relationship. But I
guess you already know that and there isn't much you can say to her. When
she's ready to leave him she will.

Nadene