Pay of Child Support Early?

Old April 18th 07, 01:20 AM posted to alt.child-support
Laura

Default Pay of Child Support Early?

No way I would pay the CS off early. I don't know how many more years
you have on how many children and at what age they are, but if the ex
sees all that money, she's gonna figure she can hit you for more $$. Or,
if you are on civil terms with her, ask her if you pay it all up front
if she will sign a waiver for future additional child support...in a
lawyers office.

You know, CS isn't treated as support for the kids, it's treated as a
punishment for breaking up the home, if it wasn't, things would be a lot
more fair. If the CS paying parents income increases, the CP gets more
money, but if the CS parents income increases, the CS paying parent
doesn't get a break...think about it.

One good thing....CS doesn't last forever, it will end. My 2nd husband
and I paid CS to his ex for 17 + yrs. I didn't think it would ever end,
but it did, unfortunately I didn't learn my lesson and married a man
with 2 underage children, now ages 14 and 12...what a bonehead lol

Good luck!

Old April 18th 07, 01:23 AM posted to alt.child-support
Laura

oops...I remember now you said roughly 3 yrs

Old April 19th 07, 09:24 PM posted to alt.child-support,alt.support.divorce

In alt.child-support Simpledog wrote:
: I have roughly 3 years left on child support. Can I pay it off early if I
: liquidate some assets? Will the state/county let me?

As others have mentioned, it'd be better to not pay it off early.
That may demonstrate you have more money and they could increase
your support. Additionally, if your circumstances change, you
couldn't get the support lowered.

I'd suggest a scheduled online payment from your account, much like
paying a mortgage bill.

I understand that you would like to be rid of it and so would I and
I've considered the same but note that we're not dealing with logical
thinking institutions when we're dealing with Child Support
government institutions. We're dealing with mindless bureaucrats
that cannot think out of the box.

b.
Old April 23rd 07, 04:14 PM posted to alt.child-support
BartenderWJT

wrote in message
roups.com...
I understand that you would like to be rid of it and so would I and
I've considered the same but note that we're not dealing with logical
thinking institutions when we're dealing with Child Support
government institutions. We're dealing with mindless bureaucrats
that cannot think out of the box.

I rarely post to this board... but this is precisely your dilemma. You are
not dealing with a financial institution or an entity that would understand
that X x Y = Z. My advice is for you to put Z in an interest bearing
checking account... and mail X off Y times and enjoy the meager interest.

--
BartenderWJT-
I Got Half A Lime and I'm Not Afraid To Use it!