Worried..please let me know what you think.

Old April 15th 04, 09:41 PM
Love to Travel

Default Worried..please let me know what you think.

I am 8.5 weeks pregnant now. This Monday I woke up and I found
a brown stain in my underwear. About the size of a dime but very faint
brown..
more I would say yellowish brown. I saw my doc and she ruled out the
possibility of miscarriage or yeast infection after some tests. Since
then I am getting quite damp with very faint yellowish stains and just
now I came back from a 1 hr walk, I see again a very very light brown
stain again in my underwear about the size of a dime. Is this common?
I am worried what this means. This is my first pregnancy and I didnot
get any clue from my books. Anybody has had similar experience?
Thank you so much for answering me.
Old April 15th 04, 11:24 PM
zolw

Well, I didn't have to go through this. BUT my oldest sister had her
period come regularly the first 3 months in her first pregnancy. (which
is much worse than what you are experiencing) Then she found out she was
pregnant & the doctor had to give her hormonal shots to stop the
bleeding. She had a little boy, who is now 10 years old. I am not sure
if this is reassuring for you, but it would be for me.

Besides, if your doctor ruled out miscarriage, then this should be real
good news for you. I mean, the doctor has no reason to lie to you, right?

Just make sure to report it again to your docotr & check with her why
you are getting these stains. I mean, there must be a logical
explanation. Just try to take it easy & try to write down the activity
you do after which you discover the stains. Maybe you will find a clue
to what not to do.

I wish you luck. Take care of yourself.

Old April 16th 04, 05:38 PM
Sophie

"Love to Travel" wrote in message
. ..
I am 8.5 weeks pregnant now. This Monday I woke up and I found
a brown stain in my underwear. About the size of a dime but very faint
brown..
more I would say yellowish brown. I saw my doc and she ruled out the
possibility of miscarriage or yeast infection after some tests. Since
then I am getting quite damp with very faint yellowish stains and just
now I came back from a 1 hr walk, I see again a very very light brown
stain again in my underwear about the size of a dime. Is this common?
I am worried what this means. This is my first pregnancy and I didnot
get any clue from my books. Anybody has had similar experience?
Thank you so much for answering me.

The brown sounds like old blood and the yellow sounds like plain old
discharge, which is totally normal.

Invest in pantyliners

And congrats!

Sophie
#4 due 7/18/04

Old April 16th 04, 06:57 PM
Ilse Witch

Spotting in early pregnany is very common, and one of the most underrated
side effects of pregnancy. Hardly any book explains it, most ignore it
completely. However, the fact that it is very common (occuring in 30-40%
of all pregnancies) doesn't always mean that it is harmless. Spotting does
significantly increase the risk for miscarriage, from the usual 15% up to
40-50% in the first trimester. What you describe sounds like very minor
spotting, and not an immediate cause for concern. Especially since your
doctor has already ruled out a m/c, you'll be just fine.

--
-- I
mommy to DS (21m)

"Worried" Update JennP Pregnancy 10 February 29th 04 09:30 PM
Short femur - I'm worried! Kimberly Pregnancy 26 February 12th 04 01:25 PM
Very worried that our 7 month old baby is becoming spoilt A_Newsreader Pregnancy 7 February 9th 04 08:43 PM
nervous - may be pregnant and worried about things Millie Pregnancy 9 January 8th 04 08:44 PM
Worried about symptoms after being hospitalized for dehydration Alicia Elliott Pregnancy 0 July 20th 03 09:38 PM