Freaking out a bit about doc visit tomorrow

Old April 27th 04, 12:26 AM
ModernMiko

Default Freaking out a bit about doc visit tomorrow

Hi all. I just had to release some anxiety amongst friends. I have my first
OB appt tomorrow early afternoon for this pregnancy. By my calc, I will be
exactly 8 weeks. Even though I have had no spotting and am still having preg
symptoms (and re-took the HPT and it was pos a week ago), I am freaking out
a bit about the visit tomorrow. I am so scared something will be wrong. I
have been having dreams about bleeding or finding blood. And I had a
horrible day at work today which I am sure did no good for my blood
pressure...I just need some good thought/vibes/prayers please.

--
JennL
DS 06/26/98

Old April 27th 04, 01:21 AM
A&G&K

"ModernMiko" wrote in message
Hi all. I just had to release some anxiety amongst friends. I have my

first
OB appt tomorrow early afternoon for this pregnancy. By my calc, I will be
exactly 8 weeks. Even though I have had no spotting and am still having

preg
symptoms (and re-took the HPT and it was pos a week ago), I am freaking

out
a bit about the visit tomorrow. I am so scared something will be wrong. I
have been having dreams about bleeding or finding blood. And I had a
horrible day at work today which I am sure did no good for my blood
pressure...I just need some good thought/vibes/prayers please.

Its perfectly understandable to feel this was Jenn. The first Ob visit with
this bub was hard for me too, but my intuition told me all was OK this time.
I'm hoping that all goes well tomorrow.
Amanda

--
DD 15th August 2002
1 tiny angel Nov 2003

Old April 27th 04, 01:34 AM
ModernMiko

"A&G&K" wrote in message

[...]

Thanks Amanda. I feel like everything's okay but I have the deep down
dread/fear that I can't quite shake...

--
JennL
DS 06/26/98

Old April 27th 04, 03:13 AM
Cathy

ModernMiko wrote:
Hi all. I just had to release some anxiety amongst friends. I have my
first OB appt tomorrow early afternoon for this pregnancy. By my
calc, I will be exactly 8 weeks. Even though I have had no spotting
and am still having preg symptoms (and re-took the HPT and it was pos
a week ago), I am freaking out a bit about the visit tomorrow. I am
so scared something will be wrong. I have been having dreams about
bleeding or finding blood. And I had a horrible day at work today
which I am sure did no good for my blood pressure...I just need some
good thought/vibes/prayers please.

I went in for an HCG test a few weeks ago, as I had no 'symptoms' of being
pregnant. Of course, the next day I felt nauseous and tired, and that
hasn't let up (and the test results were fine). I think to worry is
perfectly normal, so I'm sure things will be just fine.

Cathy

Old April 27th 04, 05:55 AM
Cam & Shane

Sending positive vibes to you all the way from NZ.

I was so nervous when I first went to the doc (and every visit after). I
was terrified that they wouldn't be able to find a heartbeat. I can only
imagine that feeling must be worse having had a loss before.

I hope your boobs stay sore and your stomach upset :-)

Hugs from Camille

---

Old April 27th 04, 09:53 AM
Donna

"ModernMiko" wrote in message
Hi all. I just had to release some anxiety amongst friends. I have my

first
OB appt tomorrow early afternoon for this pregnancy. By my calc, I will be
exactly 8 weeks. Even though I have had no spotting and am still having

preg
symptoms (and re-took the HPT and it was pos a week ago), I am freaking

out
a bit about the visit tomorrow. I am so scared something will be wrong. I
have been having dreams about bleeding or finding blood. And I had a
horrible day at work today which I am sure did no good for my blood
pressure...I just need some good thought/vibes/prayers please.

Good vibes coming your way. Hang in there.

Donna

Old April 27th 04, 01:55 PM
Donna Metler

I have my appointment today. I stopped spotting about a day after it started
and I went on bedrest, so I'm pretty confident the HCG levels tests will
show that I really am pregnant-especially since I about hit the ceiling when
my cat tried to walk across my chest this morning and my husband has learned
not to get between me and the bathroom! I'm really hoping he'll let me off
bedrest after this appointment (not that bedrest and morning sickness are
really compatible anyway)-and that it will be because the pregnancy is fine,
not because it's too late to worry about it.

Sending good vibes your way-I well understand the nervousness.

Old April 27th 04, 05:08 PM
Bóliath

ModernMiko wrote:
"A&G&K" wrote...
"ModernMiko" wrote...

I have been having dreams about bleeding or finding blood. And I had a
horrible day at work today which I am sure did no good for my blood
pressure...I just need some good thought/vibes/prayers please.

Its perfectly understandable to feel this was Jenn. The first Ob visit
with this bub was hard for me too, but my intuition told me all was OK this
time.

Thanks Amanda. I feel like everything's okay but I have the deep down
dread/fear that I can't quite shake...

I know the feeling Miko, I was a mess until I got past the time I had
previously miscarried, it's perfectly natural. Do try to stay calm and
relaxed, for the baby and for you...easier said than done I know!

Soon, you'll be in here bitching about nausea and constipation :c)

Best best wishes to you for a happy and healthy pregnancy!

Old April 27th 04, 09:51 PM
Ilse Witch

On Mon, 26 Apr 2004 23:26:54 +0000, ModernMiko wrote:

Even though I have had no spotting and am still having preg
symptoms (and re-took the HPT and it was pos a week ago), I am freaking out
a bit about the visit tomorrow. I am so scared something will be wrong.

Good vibes to you (((((Jenn)))))! I am sure you are doing just fine. I
know what you mean with the fear, rest assured it's only normal. Will you
update us on how things went?

--
-- I
mommy to DS (21m)

Old April 27th 04, 10:22 PM
ModernMiko

Default UPDATE Freaking out a bit about doc visit tomorrow

First,
Thanks to EVERYONE who responded to my post. All the good thoughts, vibes,
and prayers mean so much. I went to the visit. When I was being examined,
she asked me a second time when LMP was. I guess she saw the look of terror
in my eyes as I thought she was going to tell me I was small for the date.
She patted my side and said "No you're a little larger than the LMP would
put you." Well you know I thought...oh geez...twins....*faint*. So she
pulled out the ultrasound belly thingie (not the transvaginal one) and said
let's try for a picture with this first. Great image of the sac AND the baby
(yes, only saw one) AND the rapidly fluttering heart!!!! She said I dated
8w3d and everything looked great. I started crying and she patted my side
again as she knew how nervous I was. Only downside was that I had a little
light tannish brown staining when I got home but it seems to be gone. I
called just to be safe and they said that's normal after the first exam but
to let them know if I see anything bright red. It's been a long time but I
seem to remember that I had some spotting like this from time to time after
exams with DS. Still gave me a bit of a start but not as much as bright red
would have.
--
JennL
DS 06/26/98