breast/bottle/ear infection

Old July 22nd 03, 05:46 PM
ted

Default breast/bottle/ear infection

When I visited the ped for my dd's 4th month shots, I asked him if
there's a way at all to prevent ear infections. I know for a fact
bfing reduces the chances for 'any' infection but I wanted to know if
I can do anything else. He said I should plan to stop all bottle
feeding by 9th month and shift to sippy cups. Bottle feeding increases
chances for ear infection it seems. Given the answer, I was wondering
if ebm in a bottle increases the chances for ear infection versus
nursing. Any ideas?

Thanks.
Old July 22nd 03, 10:01 PM
Kereru

"ted" wrote in message
om...
When I visited the ped for my dd's 4th month shots, I asked him if
there's a way at all to prevent ear infections. I know for a fact
bfing reduces the chances for 'any' infection but I wanted to know if
I can do anything else. He said I should plan to stop all bottle
feeding by 9th month and shift to sippy cups. Bottle feeding increases
chances for ear infection it seems. Given the answer, I was wondering
if ebm in a bottle increases the chances for ear infection versus
nursing. Any ideas?

Thanks.

I have been told that the problem with bottles is that the baby can be
horizontal while feeding so milk is more likely to flow back into the ear
and cause an infection. So this would apply ot both breast milk and formula.
However I was also told it is easy to avoid by only letting baby use a
bottle when at least slightly upright.

Arghhh look at tht time.. got to go :-)

Sinus infection wh Kim E. Pregnancy 4 June 1st 04 06:37 AM
Need advice: Ear Infection on 8 month old Adrian Mongeli General 20 April 12th 04 02:14 PM
baby yeast infection CD Pregnancy 6 March 10th 04 07:38 AM
yeast /UT infection (sorry, tmi) ted Pregnancy 1 February 19th 04 09:28 PM
Ear Infection vaccine? Circe General 5 September 20th 03 04:46 AM