Looking for quality toddler's bathrobe

Old January 6th 08, 05:07 PM posted to misc.kids
JennP.

Default Looking for quality toddler's bathrobe

"cjra" wrote in message

We have a couple really nice ones, but they were hand-me-downs from
my nephews in Europe so I don't know where they were purchased.
However, we *never* use them. I keep thinking they would be nice, but
trying to manipulate a robe, complete with arm holes around a squirmy
and slippery toddler is impossible. And given I'm just going to put
her pj's on, it seems unnecessary to bother. The towel is actually
much easier to wrap around her and get her dry, while keeping her
covered as I put on the diaper, then each piece of clothing.

We have a nice one but like you, it was a hand-me-down. I actually never
used it until recently. DD (3) actually really likes it. Since I'm usually
facillitating bath/shower time for two kids, she doesn't always get right
into her pj's right away so the robe seems to work out. It's really one of
those things that a kid could either hate or love.

JennP.

Old January 6th 08, 05:56 PM posted to misc.kids
Lady Penelope Creighton-Ward

On Jan 4, 11:43*pm, "RosalieAnn Beasley"
wrote:
"Cathy Kearns" wrote in message

news
"Lady Penelope Creighton-Ward" wrote in message

Thanks Penny. I should look at equivalent American purveyors of white
goods...

I didn't realize you were in America. *Garnet Hill, which has excellent
quality towels, has terry robes for toddlers:

http://www.garnethill.com/jump.jsp?i...1&itemID=11359...

When my kids were babies, I bought terry and sewed one corner together in
for about 4 inches to make a hood and then hemmed. *My dad had made a wooden
tray kind of thing that fitted over the end of the tub. *It was about four
boards cut so that they were a little longer than the bathtub was wide. *DH
made one for me. * They were held together underneath by cross pieces that
kept the board from moving too much, but it was pretty heavy.

When I bathed them, I put the board across one end of the tub, and put water
in the tub. *I had the clothing they were to wear in with me, and I laid the
towel/hood on the board. *I undressed them on the boards, transferred them
to the tub for the bath, and then when finished, picked them out of the tub,
laid them on the board and swaddled them in the towel. *They were dry in a
jiffy, and could then be dressed while still on the board.

I could let the water out of the tub while I was dressing them.

I don't know that I had any problem with them when they were toddlers and
could stand and walk. *. *I just stood them on the floor and dried them, and
put their pjs on them - I may have sat on the toilet with them on my lap to
do that.

That's very clever, with the board. I like the idea of simply sewing
a hood on an existing towel by folding it on one corner. I will do
just that today, as I have the sewing machine out for hemming some
jeans! Thanks!
Old January 7th 08, 12:27 AM posted to misc.kids

On Jan 4, 6:15*pm, "Cathy Kearns" wrote:
"Lady Penelope Creighton-Ward" wrote in ...

Thanks Penny. I should look at equivalent American purveyors of white
goods...

I didn't realize you were in America. *Garnet Hill, which has excellent
quality towels, has terry robes for toddlers:

http://www.garnethill.com/jump.jsp?i...1&itemID=11359...

Great find there! I wish they still had the bigger sizes left, but I
might just go for the 12-18 month one in the blue spots, if my sewing
experiment doesn't work out tonight. :-)
Old January 9th 08, 05:11 AM posted to misc.kids
Nikki

"Lady Penelope Creighton-Ward" wrote in message
news:f4a12e16-1c8f-4643-835f- I like the idea of simply sewing
a hood on an existing towel by folding it on one corner. I will do
just that today, as I have the sewing machine out for hemming some
jeans! Thanks!

A similar (and easy) way to do that is to sew the matching wash cloth onto
the center of the towel and that makes the hood.

--
Nikki, mama to
Hunter 4/99