Grunty baby?

Old March 24th 09, 08:10 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
lu-lu

Default Grunty baby?

Hi all

I was going to post this in mkb, but there doesn't seem to be many posters,
and I wondered if it could be related to Kieran's fussiness...

He had his first cold at about 2 weeks old, and he seemed to lose the baby
reflex thing of being able to feed and breathe at the same time. Since
around that time, after every feed and when he needs to be burped, he gets
quite wheezy/grunty.

He was meant to have his first injections 2 weeks ago, but as he'd just been
fed, he was making those noises, and the doctor said to postpone them. He'd
just had another cold (so much for breastfeeding and the antibodies!) and
the doctor put it down to that, and said his chest was clear. He had his
jabs today as the doctor said he was ok - he hadn't just been fed, so his
breathing was quiet...

The doctor wasn't particularly listening, but given as he'll be 15 weeks old
tomorrow, and it's only when he's fed, feeding, or windy, I'm wondering if
it's a reflux type of thing. He's sick quite often after feeding, and had
quite severe colic. I don't know much about refluxy problems, and I was
wondering also if it could be causing him to be more fussy, or if this noise
could be something else.

Apologies for all these posts! You wouldn't think I'd actually had a baby
before!!

Lucy x

Old March 25th 09, 11:18 AM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Welches

"lu-lu" wrote in message
[...]

wasDebbie
wondering also if it could be causing him to be more fussy, or if this
noise
could be something else.

Apologies for all these posts! You wouldn't think I'd actually had a baby
before!!

Breats feeding doesn't prevent them from having stuff. #3 was totally
breastfed until about 7 months. he had his first ear infection at about 3
months, and had them fairly constantly (between antibiotics) from about 5
months through to 12 months. #2 also caught chicken pox while she was
entirely breastfed.
If your HV's got any sense, then I'd talk to her. Otherwise I'd make a drs
appointment. Try and feed him just before you go in, or even as you go in,
so they can hear the problem. I'd use a non emergency appointment and pick
my doctor fairly carefully, as one who will listen and not just say "fussy
mother".
Debbie