My 28 Dates Last Night (not spam)

Old July 11th 03, 06:15 PM
Karen O'Mara

Default My 28 Dates Last Night (not spam)

oaway (Joelle) wrote in message ...
Anyone hear of FastDating or Speeddating? It came to Sioux City last night and
I went and had so much fun. It works like this, you get to talk to everyone
there for 3 minutes - then the whistle blows and you talk to someone else. At
the end of the 3 minutes you write yes or no next to the guy's number and turn
it in and in a few days you get a list and email of everyone you said yes to
and said yes to you and then you are on your own to get together.

I was really nervous and aprehensive but once we got started it was so much
fun. You can talk to anyone for 3 minutes. And I met a lot of very nice men.
Since I'm not looking for my soulmate, just some company, I'm not really picky.
Just looking for someone articulate, notsmoking and good teeth - so I met a
lot of guys I wouldn't mind going out with.

I haven't been out in a few years and the last time I did not involve my kids
but I figued they were old enough now and it was such a fun thing. My daughter
helped me shop for my outfit and prevented me from dressing in all black (my
first inclination) The age group was 32-47 and being 46, I was a little
aprehensive about being on the old end, but most of the guys there were older.
When I got home my kids had seen it on the news and Sarah says "Oh Mom I saw a
bunch of women who were older and fatter than you there!" Children can really
boost your ego.

So it will be a few days before I find out if anyone actually said yes to me,
but it was still a good time and if it comes to your city- I recommend it.

Hurray for you, Joelle! I'm happy to see this new sparkle in you.

Karen
Old July 11th 03, 06:43 PM
CME

"Joelle" wrote in message
[...]

Joelle

Yeah I almost did that, it sounded like a great way to meet people you
wouldn't ordinarily run into. But then I met Brian, so that was that. lol
I'm glad you had a good time Joelle, that's what matters in the whole dating
experience, I personally got sick of it after awhile. Hope you have better
luck. I will say that every time I went 'looking for love' (hell, I was
just looking for a normal guy, one that I could spend time with... it's
harder than you think. lol) it alluded me and then when I got fed up with
the bull**** out there... wham it hits you. Go figure.

Christine

Old July 11th 03, 07:10 PM
Tiffany

"Joelle" wrote in message
[...]

Good for you. Keep us to date. They are starting that around here and I
thought about doing it. But like most thoughts, it went right out the door.
heehee

Actually one idea that I saw on TV was where these 'people' organize a
dinner party and it is 8 people. 4 men, 4 women. I thought that would such a
great way to not only meet men but also make female friends. I just can't
remember the organization or companies name. But the more I think about it,
and after talking to alot of singles in this area, I am wondering how hard
it would be to start something similar. Might be a neat way to make a couple
bucks plus meet people.

Old July 12th 03, 01:20 AM
turtledove

"Joelle" wrote in message
[...]

That SOOO sounds like a fun time!! Very Cool!!! I'm glad you had so much
fun!!

*bri

Old July 13th 03, 06:53 AM
Steve

At
the end of the 3 minutes you write yes or no next to the guy's number and
turn
it in and in a few days you get a list and email of everyone you said yes to
and said yes to you and then you are on your own to get together.

But the guys write yes next to all the numbers unless you are a complete
munter, so if you have all your limbs, hair and teeth expect a few
calls.........but dont be flattered they just wanna **** you.

Old July 13th 03, 01:28 PM
turtledove

"Joelle" wrote in message
so if you have all your limbs, hair and teeth expect a few
calls.........but dont be flattered they just wanna **** you.

This is why I hate to write anything personal on this ng. And this crap

from
someone who lectures us on how to be "supportive" What a geitbok.

Anyway if anyone is interested in how it went, I will email but I'm not

talking
about my personal life on this forum again. My mistake.

Joelle

Joelle,

I'm sorry that you feel as if you can't post your life on this forum. I
wish I could just say ignore the jerks, but I know that they can get to
people.

I'd love to find out how things went. It sounds like a fun time!! I have a
few girlfriends who would love to do something like that!

Ignore Steve...he's a jerk. Obviously because he has to resort to little
boy antics to make himself feel superior. It's times like this I wish the
rest of the guys would jump in and put him in his place. (hint hint)

hugs,
*bri

Old July 13th 03, 02:07 PM
Steve

Yea right. What is it that all men, including you want? You wanna ****

me
Steve?

Hmmmmmm dont think so your a bit old for me love, I'm only 33.......but I am
very handsome.......you can have a photo if you want, anyway just trying to
help you through it, I know it can be hard if its been a while

And about giving me advice, I'm the one that had a successful marriage.

Did
you?

Baby I have never been married nor do I ever intend to get married I dont do
domestisiscity (sic?) not my cup of charlie................I wasnt offering
advice on marriage just shagging......we all know that marriage and shagging
dont usually go hand in hand.................not with each other anyway ,
Jog on Joelle I trying to be nice.

Old July 13th 03, 02:09 PM
Moon Shyne

Default Steve's MO

No confusion at all - headers match :-)

(Us short people are smart, too)

HTH

From: "Steve"
Newsgroups: alt.support.single-parents
Subject: Steve's MO
Date: Sun, 13 Jul 2003 13:59:57 +0100

Okay - all you women for whom Steve has pretended to be "supportive' and
promised to hold your hand and help you find "support" in this group. Now

you
know what he wants and what his support consists of.

Joelle

erm........is there another Steve....I just got here............4th
post.........you confused shortie?

Old July 13th 03, 02:16 PM
Joelle

No confusion at all - headers match :-)

Nah, I thought he was the other Steve that is often condescending.

Joelle
Old July 13th 03, 02:29 PM
Moon Shyne

"Joelle" wrote in message
No confusion at all - headers match :-)

Nah, I thought he was the other Steve that is often condescending.

He's *this* Steve, who's condescending AND offensive :-)

Joelle