Dr. Sarah shrugs as little penises are ripped and sliced en masse.

Old January 8th 05, 07:37 PM
Daye

On Fri, 7 Jan 2005 21:01:01 -0800, "Kelly"
wrote:

I agree that his message is getting across, but over and over again here
with long choppy messages gets old and may people have killfiled him. I
find him offensive and tactless about 75% of the time-he says the same thing
over and over so I stop reading his posts (because I know what his point is
by now!)

So long as you get his message, he has no problem with being
killfiled. I had him killfiled for ages because I found his posts
annoying, and I had already got his message. I was also spreading the
word to other pregnant women I knew.

I don't find his posts offensive or tactless. Yes, he say the same
things over and over. But there are new pregnant women arriving daily
on this ng. They might not have gotten his main point. So he posts
it over and over because personally I feel that he thinks some
pregnant woman might not have been exposed to his message.

However, I found that once I let him out of killfile. He has a
personality and he is a funny, caring guy. Yes, he is long winded,
but I am working with him on that. We will see how it goes. Now I
scan his posts for new information, then I hit delete.

I also dislike how he uses posters full name and includes them in
"his" topics then blasts many of them.

If you saw my post on advice to him, I did mention this to him. I
don't think it is greatest way to get his message across. However,
sometimes, one feels the need to strike back at those that blast us.

He does reach and teach a lot of online people and that is great. But a
more gentle less threatening and annoying way would help.

I agree. He is reaching and teaching. I applaud that. He sees a
problem, and he is trying to do something about it. That alone puts
him ahead of many people.

I have given him advice to get his message across better. If you have
suggestions to offer, talk with him about it. I find that if you come
from a place that is trying to help him (and his message), he is
always willing to listen. Even if you don't come from that place, he
will hear you, but he may not listen. Try it. You might be surprised
at the outcome.

--
Daye
Mommy to DD3 and DS1
Old January 8th 05, 10:06 PM
Todd Gastaldo

THREE WISHES FOR DAYE...

See below.

wrote:

I agree that his message is getting across, but over and over again here
with long choppy messages gets old and may people have killfiled him. I
find him offensive and tactless about 75% of the time-he says the same
thing
over and over so I stop reading his posts (because I know what his point
is
by now!)

So long as you get his message, he has no problem with being
killfiled.

Yep.

I had him killfiled for ages because I found his posts
annoying, and I had already got his message. I was also spreading the
word to other pregnant women I knew.

YES! Killfile Gastaldo - then spread his message - "nicely" or otherwise.
BRAVO DAYE!

I don't find his posts offensive or tactless. Yes, he says the same
things over and over.

I "blabber" a lot - like Mona's little one - LOL!

But there are new pregnant women arriving daily
on this ng. They might not have gotten his main point. So he posts
it over and over because personally I feel that he thinks some
pregnant woman might not have been exposed to his message.

Yep. Plus - each post is also an Open Letter to obstetricians or someone
else...

For example, here's my most recent - it's PRETTY short Daye...

See UCI obstetricians closing birth canals up to 30%
http://groups-beta.google.com/group/...ceefcf45507671

However, I found that once I let him out of killfile.

I feel like a genie! LOL.

(Ok - you've got three wishes Daye - and they can't all be for shorter posts
from Todd. Plus I can't guarantee they'll come true - this got me kicked
out of the genie union. : )

He has a
personality and he is a funny, caring guy. Yes, he is long winded,
but I am working with him on that. We will see how it goes.

Now I'm startin' to feel OBLIGATED to compose shorter posts - LOL.

Now I
scan his posts for new information, then I hit delete.

SCAN - that's how I read everything - at least the first time. Bravo.

You delete my posts - I am wounded! LOL!

I also dislike how he uses posters full name and includes them in
"his" topics then blasts many of them.

If you saw my post on advice to him, I did mention this to him. I
don't think it is greatest way to get his message across. However,
sometimes, one feels the need to strike back at those that blast us.

When "blasted" I like to correctly identify who did the blasting.

He does reach and teach a lot of online people and that is great. But a
more gentle less threatening and annoying way would help.

I agree. He is reaching and teaching. I applaud that. He sees a
problem, and he is trying to do something about it. That alone puts
him ahead of many people.

Thank you Daye.

I have given him advice to get his message across better. If you have
suggestions to offer, talk with him about it. I find that if you come
from a place that is trying to help him (and his message), he is
always willing to listen. Even if you don't come from that place, he
will hear you, but he may not listen. Try it. You might be surprised
at the outcome.

Yep - I'll hear you out but I may not listen. I do appreciate all input -
positive and negative - both kinds stimulate me to keep going - or to
consider stopping: On the one hand I simply can't believe that OBs will be
allowed much longer to close birth canals and keep birth canals closed when
babies get stuck; but on the other hand, sometimes I acknowledge that I
won't see an end to it in my lifetime. If I were a baby, I would not want
Todd acknowledging this - or even thinking it. That thought keeps me going.
These little ones have NO idea what is going on out here - and by the time
they are here - as adults they've forgotten. If only THEY could post - as
they are pulled through birth canals closed up to 30%! Of course the babies
who die or get paralyzed are sort of making a permanent comment on their
obstetric care. How very odd that birth trauma attorneys are not telling
juries that OBs are closing birth canals up to 30% and KEEPING birth canals
closed when babies get stuck. Anyone know of a birth trauma attorney who
has told a jury about the OB birth-canal-closing behavior?

Again Daye, thanks.

Todd

Old January 9th 05, 03:35 AM
Kelly

Well, I do believe in the opening of the birth canals, obviously. I have
worked in OB for 12 years. I have also seen lots of progressive changes
(mostly driven by nurses) in Labor and delivery.

I think saying OB's ARE LYING
THEY ARE COMMITTING CRIMES......that's a bit harsh. It isn't my style, so
be it. I am a discussion type person and when I see posts such as Todd's, I
either scan it for some reasonable info, or simply move on. It is easy for
me because I have a background in OB (and a good one to, by the way) Also,
rather than solely blaming OB's for closing birth canals, what about the
women who refuse to change positions? I have seen OB's work and work on
women to change positions and have an unwilling participant. It happens.
Whose fault is that? What about nicely educating women on the ways to open
birth canals rather than jumping straight on the OB's and healthcare
professionals?

I appreciate the fact that Todd has chosen to take part in other topics and
threads. It has only been recently that I saw a more gentle side. I was
first exposed to Todd about 5 years ago and saw a "freaky" side only. When
I returned to MKP and saw more Todd posts I nearly jumped to killfile, but
then noticed some participation in other issues so decided to give it a
chance. Now rather than doing Killfile I ignore about 80% of the posts,
thus closing my topic canal by 20%. heehee.

Have a good weekend,
Kelly

Old January 9th 05, 03:36 AM
Kelly

ps, I still do not understand the rude subject head of this thread. I am
*not* pretending anything. Just expressing what I see in person in the OB
realm.

Kelly

Old January 9th 05, 07:09 AM
Todd Gastaldo

KELLY'S "TOPIC CANAL"

"Kelly" wrote in message
Well, I do believe in the opening of the birth canals, obviously. I have
worked in OB for 12 years. I have also seen lots of progressive changes
(mostly driven by nurses) in Labor and delivery.

This explains a lot.

No WONDER you think saying OBs are lying is "harsh" - LOL! You work with
these guys!

I think saying OB's ARE LYING
THEY ARE COMMITTING CRIMES......that's a bit harsh. It isn't my style, so
be it.

But OBs *are* lying and committing crimes.

I am a discussion type person and when I see posts such as Todd's, I
either scan it for some reasonable info, or simply move on.

Good strategy Kelly. Most OBs think it "unreasonable" of me to point out
their bald lies. Nurse who work with OBs are never going to think it
reasonable to point out the obvious OB lies.

It is easy for me because I have a background in OB (and a good one to, by
the way)

MOST people with "good" backgrounds in OB (i.e., most OBs) are closing birth
canals up to 30% and keeping birth canals closed up to 30% and lying about
it.

Sad but true.

Also, rather than solely blaming OB's for closing birth canals, what about
the women who refuse to change positions?

WHAT?! This is good news! The OBs you work with tell women EXPLICITLY
that semisitting and dorsal close the birth canal - and women still choose
to close their birth canals?

My bet is that the OBs you work with pull with hands, forceps and vacuums
with the birth canal senselessly closed up to 30% - i.e. - with the woman
semistting or dorsal. This is an obvious crime.

I have seen OB's work and work on women to change positions and have an
unwilling participant.

Well blow me down - maybe I'm wrong? Maybe OBs where Kelly works never
place women semisitting or dorsal and pull with hands, ,forceps or vacuums.
Hooray! (If true.)

It happens. Whose fault is that?

If the OB explicitly informs the woman that semisitting and dorsal close the
birth canal up to 30% - and the woman chooses to close her birth canal the
"extra" up to 30% - I see your point.

But what about when the OB starts pulling on the baby's skull with forceps?

Why on earth to OBs (not necessarily at Kelly's institution) KEEP birth
canals closed the "extra" up to 30% when babies get stuck?

Whose fault is that, Kelly?

What about nicely educating women on the ways to open birth canals rather
than jumping straight on the OB's and healthcare professionals?

OBs and healthcare professionals are LYING. Why are they lying?

I appreciate the fact that Todd has chosen to take part in other topics
and threads. It has only been recently that I saw a more gentle side.

My mom raised a gentle person, really.

I was first exposed to Todd about 5 years ago and saw a "freaky" side
only.

Most babes only see the "freaky" side of obstetrics. WHY are OB lying and
closing birth canals and KEEPING birth canals closed when babies get stuck?
It's FREAKY.

When I returned to MKP and saw more Todd posts I nearly jumped to
killfile, but then noticed some participation in other issues so decided
to give it a chance.

Phew!

Now rather than doing Killfile I ignore about 80% of the posts, thus
closing my topic canal by 20%. heehee.

It seems to me that you are closing your "topic canal" about 80% - but it is
late.

Have a good weekend,
Kelly

You too Kelly.

Todd

Old January 9th 05, 07:17 AM
Todd Gastaldo

"Kelly" wrote in message
ps, I still do not understand the rude subject head of this thread. I am
*not* pretending anything. Just expressing what I see in person in the OB
realm.

If you were not pretending - then you were wrong about what you said.

Either that or OBs at your institution are getting consent from infant to
rip and slice their penises (this would be amazing!) and OBs at your
institution aren't doing semisitting or dorsal deliveries...

I highly doubt the former - and the latter is also doubtful - but I would
LOVE to hear that OBs at Kelly's institution are not closing birth canals,
etc.

Here's my original reply.

KELLY PRETENDS; JAMIE AGREES

Kelly wrote:

Todd,
I wonder how often you are working in labor and delivery and in a newborn
nursery? Do you in person see all these things you claim? Also, are
doctors doing circs without consent? I highly doubt it-it is a choice of
parents, so the parents are requesting this to be done.

Kelly pretends that I must work in labor and delivery to know that OBs are
routinely closing birth canals up to 30% and keeping them closed when babies
get stuck.

Kelly also pretends that MDs obtain consent before ripping and slicing
infant penises en masse and that it is ethical for MDs to rip and slice
infant penises en masse.

Perhaps Kelly isn't pretending?

Perhaps Kelly really believes, for example, that one must work in labor and
delivery to know that OBs are routinely closing birth canals up to 30%,
etc.?

Kelly offered no substantiation for her inferences/pretenses and she hasn't
replied to my post...

See I don't need to see the MD felonies...
http://groups-beta.google.com/group/...4cf50194d30983

Kelly said I am driving her crazy...

You are currently driving me crazy, and just when I was sort of softening
up to you

It starts to drive ME crazy when people make false assertions - but instead
of going crazy I answer them point by point (see URL above) and hope that
they will either show me where I am wrong or concede my points.

Old January 10th 05, 04:29 AM
Kelly

Legally, noone under age 15 is allowed "consent." I said legally so don't
argue that point. Parents give consent. Work on them.

I have never personally witnessed a woman *flat* on her back give birth.
Honestly. I am not stupid and wouldn't allow that in one of my delivery
rooms. 99% of the nurses I work with are the same. I am sure it happens,
but not in my presence.

My institution sees a lot of epidural deliveries, but we also see *a lot* of
women delivery sidelying, hands and knees, squat bar, standing, and the
occasional "oops" water birth, sitting on toilet birth, and standing.

Most unoptimal delivery positions are patient guided. Most optimal delivery
positions are healthcare provider guided. At least where I work.

I appreciate your crusade topic, I disapprove of your mannerism and your
words. My issue, not anyone else's or yours.

Leave me alone, at least 90% of the time. I'll ignore the 10%.

Warmly,
Kelly

"Todd Gastaldo" wrote in message
news

Old January 10th 05, 04:37 AM
Kelly

LOL. I could care less about who I work with, I am there for my
patients-not the OB's and Midwifes. Not only that, but it is the nurses
that position the patients for pushing and honestly, we try to make pushing
as quick as possible. Have you ever had to push with someone? I bet not.
You jump to so many conclusions-using the words *never* *ever* *always*
*lying* I don't get that lying business and I am done thinking about it

I guess there are some really sucky OB institutions that aren't progressive
or jump to mechanical deliveries. I guess I am lucky that I work somewhere
with people that actually care to have good outcomes for people and that
extend every ounce of energy into someones birth. I guess that I am lucky
because I have enough sense to know right from wrong. I guess I am lucky
because a high% of your posts do not pertain to me or to the people I value
as exceptional care providers.

Kelly

"Todd Gastaldo" wrote in message
nk.net...