Child Support 15 Years

Old March 26th 07, 11:06 PM posted to alt.child-support
MaggieMay

Default Child Support 15 Years

I have recieving child support for 15 years after a very abusive
marriage and nasty seperation and divorce, it started out at $167.00
for 2 kids, to the present it is $357.00. My ex is a self employed
plumber of 20 years and claims he makes 12 grand a year, My 1st year
filing taxes on my own the IRS took $2600.00 of it to pay his back
taxes on his business, I had a decree at the time saying I was not
liable for his back taxes. What is wrong with this picture here, if I
was working a job for 20 years and making only 12 grand, I would find
a different job, If I meet the criteria for the review of child
support then they take both parents gross wages to calculate the
support, which is fine, I have no problem with that, I know self-
employed people can deduct alot, for the new law it's only wages of
employee's (which there is only 1) and material. I was told to ask the
judge to take the average wage of a plumber in the area to determine
support, I was also told that they can go back 5 years. But I am
unsure of all this????? I just want what is fair, kinda hard to
beleive you can live on 12 grand a year with a fiance 2 more kids,
nice home, new van, new truck and after my son's almost fatal car
accident last fall he came home with a brand new harley! Wow, wished I
could make that money stretch like that!!!!
Any opinions???

Old March 26th 07, 11:40 PM posted to alt.child-support
Dusty Steenbock

"MaggieMay" wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

Yes. It's none of your business, and not your right to determine what you
THINK he should be making.... It's bad enough the damn judges do It.

Old March 27th 07, 01:01 AM posted to alt.child-support
Gini

"MaggieMay" wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

==
==
But I am
unsure of all this????? I just want what is fair,

==
Define "fair." Is "fair" that you have the same lifestyle he has? He doesn't
owe
you a lifestyle. He owes you 357. a month and it appears he's paying it and
has been since
it was ordered. If you want the same lifestyle he has with his subsequent
family, it's up to you
to work for it. How old are the kids? They must be close to grown by now.

Old March 27th 07, 03:16 AM posted to alt.child-support
Gini

"Bob Whiteside" wrote

"MaggieMay" wrote

I just want what is fair, kinda hard to
beleive you can live on 12 grand a year with a fiance 2 more kids,
nice home, new van, new truck and after my son's almost fatal car
accident last fall he came home with a brand new harley! Wow, wished I
could make that money stretch like that!!!!
Any opinions???

It doesn't matter what your court order said about taxes. A state court
has
no authority to create an order that alters the application of any federal
law including IRS tax law.

Get over your ex. After 15 years you need to move on and stop
micro-managing his life the way you think he should live it.

If you file for a change of circumstance in CS payments the law will allow
the court to go back to the filing date of your motion, not 5 years.

==
Damn, that's not fair! Oh, yeah--"fair" is that he gives all his money to
her so his family
doesn't have a dime because, after all, she was there first! Did you get the
connection between
the Harley and the "almost fatal car accident?" That must be a violation of
the you-can't-buy-a-
Harley-after-an-almost-fatal-car-accident rule.

Old March 27th 07, 04:46 AM posted to alt.child-support
Bob Whiteside

"Gini" wrote in message

"Bob Whiteside" wrote

"MaggieMay" wrote

[...]

"Fair" is when all ex-wives are required by court order to clean their ex's
houses once a week, do their grocery shopping, wash/and iron their clothes,
provide sexual services when desired, and continue any other pre-divorce
contributions to the marriage in the post-divorce era.

If it is "fair" for husbands to continue to provide money through their
earnings power post-divorce, it is "fair" for wives to be ordered to
continue providing their marriage contributions too.

Old March 27th 07, 05:03 AM posted to alt.child-support
teachrmama

Gosh, Maggie, how much more than $714 per month do you think it takes to
provide for a child? I don't quite understand your complaint.

oups.com...

Old March 27th 07, 06:22 AM posted to alt.child-support
Beverly

On 26 Mar 2007 15:06:44 -0700, "MaggieMay"
wrote:

[...]

Re Taxes:

There were ways you could have avoided losing the $2600. Not
everything is done through family court.

Re Child Support:

If you have been working a job for 15 years and cannot support
yourself and your two children on your income plus $357/month, maybe
YOU need to find a different job.

I guarantee you that you will find much more satisfaction in not
needing his child support at all than by worrying how to get it
increased. This is not to say he shouldn't hold some financial
responsibility toward your kids, but the only way you can truly be
free of him (as a woman) is to not need him.
Beverly
Old March 27th 07, 04:44 PM posted to alt.child-support
Chris

"Bob Whiteside" wrote in message

"Gini" wrote in message

[...]

Careful! Their "marriage contrubutions" may have been little more than
staying at home snacking and watching TV all day, spending his money on the
weekends, and basically being lazy. But your point is well taken.

Old March 27th 07, 06:16 PM posted to alt.child-support
DB

"Chris" wrote in

Careful! Their "marriage contrubutions" may have been little more than
staying at home snacking and watching TV all day, spending his money on
the
weekends, and basically being lazy. But your point is well taken.

Yes, these stay at home bums feel entitled to it as well!

Women staying in the home all day was a luxury, that is no longer possible
with today's standard of living.