scoliosis update

Old February 11th 04, 09:00 PM
lm

Default scoliosis update

My peanut does not have scoliosis. X-rays show a 10-degree curve in
his spine that the pediatrician attributed to one leg being 1.5 cm
shorter than the other. Because it's so slight, pediatrician said
let's just monitor it. I said I think I'll get a second opinion, so we
went to the chiropractor. Turns out peanut has one flat foot, the
correction of which will make his legs the same size (ped measured hip
to floor, whereas hip to ankle they're just about the same length). So
we had him fitted for orthotics and we're picking them up today.

Yay!

lm
Old February 11th 04, 09:23 PM
Andrew

"lm" wrote in message
My peanut does not have scoliosis. X-rays show a 10-degree curve in
his spine that the pediatrician attributed to one leg being 1.5 cm
shorter than the other. Because it's so slight, pediatrician said
let's just monitor it. I said I think I'll get a second opinion, so we
went to the chiropractor. Turns out peanut has one flat foot, the
correction of which will make his legs the same size (ped measured hip
to floor, whereas hip to ankle they're just about the same length). So
we had him fitted for orthotics and we're picking them up today.

Yay!

lm

Hey, great stuff. You must be feeling pretty good right now! On the flat
foot issue think I mentioned that my doc said one thing that can help with
flat feet is exercises like trampolining (or ballet)

Andrew

Old February 12th 04, 01:10 PM
Tiffany

lm wrote in message
My peanut does not have scoliosis. X-rays show a 10-degree curve in
his spine that the pediatrician attributed to one leg being 1.5 cm
shorter than the other. Because it's so slight, pediatrician said
let's just monitor it. I said I think I'll get a second opinion, so we
went to the chiropractor. Turns out peanut has one flat foot, the
correction of which will make his legs the same size (ped measured hip
to floor, whereas hip to ankle they're just about the same length). So
we had him fitted for orthotics and we're picking them up today.

Yay!

lm

You know, that the pediatrician didn't know the proper way to measure the
leg is kinda scary. Actually its better if each leg bone is measured but
thank goodness you went to the DC. Will your son be getting some adjustments
from the DC?

Old February 13th 04, 08:35 PM
lm

On Thu, 12 Feb 2004 08:10:44 -0500, "Tiffany"
wrote:

lm wrote in message
.. .
[...]

Yes, probably about once a month as things realign. Both I and my
husband go for other things and my older son is bummed because he
doesn't get to go. I told him he's the only one who isn't crooked! I
gave the DC's info to the pediatrician so hopefully he'll measure down
to the floor with the next kid.

lm