speaking of protein in urine

Old April 8th 05, 02:10 PM
Mamma Mia

Default speaking of protein in urine

just hijacking karen's post, this is my 3rd pg, and i have a differnt OB but
he does not rquire any urine check. No sugar or protein. what is up with
that? how will they know if i am pre-eclampisic or whatever?

any thoughts?

christine

Old April 8th 05, 02:36 PM
Ericka Kammerer

Mamma Mia wrote:

just hijacking karen's post, this is my 3rd pg, and i have a differnt OB but
he does not rquire any urine check. No sugar or protein. what is up with
that? how will they know if i am pre-eclampisic or whatever?

any thoughts?

Does he start checking for protein later? Or maybe if your
BP starts going up?

Best wishes,
Ericka

Old April 8th 05, 02:43 PM
Anne Rogers

just hijacking karen's post, this is my 3rd pg, and i have a differnt OB
but he does not rquire any urine check. No sugar or protein. what is up
with that? how will they know if i am pre-eclampisic or whatever?

I've not had my urine checked either, I suppose it's possible they would
start to check later, but I won't know as I'll be back in the UK, when they
check urine absolutely every time you visit anyone!

Anne

Old April 8th 05, 03:07 PM
Donna Metler

"Mamma Mia" wrote in message
just hijacking karen's post, this is my 3rd pg, and i have a differnt OB

but
he does not rquire any urine check. No sugar or protein. what is up with
that? how will they know if i am pre-eclampisic or whatever?

any thoughts?

christine

If you're past about 18 weeks, I'd ask about it. It is possible to have
protein before BP starts to rise, as well as the other way around. He may
feel that since this is your 3rd pregnancy with no problems, it isn't a
concern, since PE is rarer in subsequent pregnancies, but it does still
happen.

Old April 8th 05, 09:03 PM
Ilse Witch

On Sat, 09 Apr 2005 00:10:53 +1000, Mamma Mia wrote:

just hijacking karen's post, this is my 3rd pg, and i have a differnt OB but
he does not rquire any urine check. No sugar or protein. what is up with
that? how will they know if i am pre-eclampisic or whatever?

FWIW I never had such tests in the Netherlands. They won't test unless you
start to show other symptoms, or have a medical history that puts you at
risk. I don't know if there are more pre-eclampsia cases there, but I do
think they catch most of them well in time.

Of course you can always ask, but I wouldn't worry too much about it.

--
--I
mommy to DS (July '02)
Old April 8th 05, 09:49 PM
Mamma Mia

"Mamma Mia" wrote in message
just hijacking karen's post, this is my 3rd pg, and i have a differnt OB
but he does not rquire any urine check. No sugar or protein. what is up
with that? how will they know if i am pre-eclampisic or whatever?

any thoughts?

christine

thanks for the answers everyone. I keep forgetting to ask him, and given i
am having the baby on monday, i guess i wont need to know now! i will try
to find out just fo interest's sake!

christine in oz

Protein in urine kazh Pregnancy 4 April 14th 05 11:25 PM
Birth stuff (also: Dr. Mal is part of God - chiropractically speaking) Todd Gastaldo Pregnancy 0 February 21st 05 05:55 PM
ABC propaganda on aspartame john Kids Health 17 September 18th 04 08:17 PM
Protein sqyre Pregnancy 2 May 27th 04 04:35 PM
Q?: Protein in = Protein out? chris Breastfeeding 7 April 10th 04 05:22 AM