Television for Children

Old April 18th 08, 04:33 AM posted to misc.kids
mom0f4boys

Default Television for Children

When mine were that age, I stuck to videos from the library. I think
commercials are confusing to young kids. We didn't have cable back
then, but if thee was a good animal program, they enjoyed those.
I usually preferred to play music for them (there is so much
good stuff!!), or sometimes a book on tape.

When I was that age, I watched TONS of TV, and loved it. All
public broadcasting (Sesame ST., the Electric Company, etc.). There
is a huge population in my age group who have a fond feeling of being
raised by Muppets, haha.
Old April 18th 08, 01:17 PM posted to misc.kids
Donna Metler

"mom0f4boys" wrote in message
When mine were that age, I stuck to videos from the library. I think
commercials are confusing to young kids. We didn't have cable back
then, but if thee was a good animal program, they enjoyed those.
I usually preferred to play music for them (there is so much
good stuff!!), or sometimes a book on tape.

When I was that age, I watched TONS of TV, and loved it. All
public broadcasting (Sesame ST., the Electric Company, etc.). There
is a huge population in my age group who have a fond feeling of being
raised by Muppets, haha.

Most of the preschool programming is either commerical free (PBS Kids,
Playhouse Disney) or has the commercials all at the end (Nick Jr.) so you
can skip them if you TIVO (or just turn the TV off) pretty fast. Don't know
if that's a requirement or not. Having said this, there's enough preschool
toys related to different TV shows, very much including on PBS, that
skipping the commercials doesn't necessarily avoid the "gimmies"-although my
daughter has, so far, gotten interested in toys with TV shows attached
without ever seeing the TV show (Care Bears and Land Before Time dinosaurs).

Old April 19th 08, 06:21 AM posted to misc.kids
agsf_57

On Apr 14, 4:03 pm, enigma wrote:
FinnFactory wrote
ups.com:

What do you let your kids watch - around the age of 3-5
years old? My kid is a bit older than 2 years and we
usually restrict her to watching videos or pre-taped shows.
Moving past 2 years, what do you usually let them watch?
honestly..

science channel

So ungoth!

Regards...
Old April 19th 08, 06:26 AM posted to misc.kids
agsf_57

On Apr 14, 12:21 pm, FinnFactory wrote:
What do you let your kids watch - around the age of 3-5 years old? My
kid is a bit older than 2 years and we usually restrict her to
watching videos or pre-taped shows. Moving past 2 years, what do you
usually let them watch? honestly..

When he's not outside playing with my in-laws or other kids, he
watches most programming found he www.pbskids.org

But my 3 and half year old usually watches movies with us as well.
From rated G to R. We have a DVR, so we either pause or fast forward
past the non-suitable stuff.

Regards...
Old April 19th 08, 07:33 AM posted to misc.kids
mom0f4boys

When our youngest was little, we let him watch 'Misery' with us,
one night. Agsf, what R movies has your little one watched?
Old April 19th 08, 12:49 PM posted to misc.kids
Rosalie B.

mom0f4boys wrote:

When our youngest was little, we let him watch 'Misery' with us,
one night.

My dh and I went to a drive-in one night with dd#1 who was almost 2 at
the time (I was pg with dd2). The main attraction was 'Dr. No' with
Sean Connery as 007. We thought dd#1 would go to sleep in the back of
the station wagon during the first feature. She didn't. She remained
awake and commenting on the action.

See man (gunfight)
Man all gone

See car (car chase - car goes off cliff in flames)
Car all gone

Old April 19th 08, 09:05 PM posted to misc.kids
agsf_57

On Apr 18, 11:33 pm, mom0f4boys wrote:
When our youngest was little, we let him watch 'Misery' with us,
one night. Agsf, what R movies has your little one watched?

The last one was "Dead Birds". We usually watch scary or action
flicks. The ones he watches with my wife are chic flicks like Ghost
and Pretty Women type of deals.

Did you see this?:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EBM854BTGL0

Regards...
Old April 23rd 08, 01:44 AM posted to misc.kids
enigma

agsf_57 wrote in

oups.com:

On Apr 14, 4:03 pm, enigma wrote:
FinnFactory wrote

legro ups.com:

What do you let your kids watch - around the age of 3-5
years old? My kid is a bit older than 2 years and we
usually restrict her to watching videos or pre-taped
shows. Moving past 2 years, what do you usually let them
watch? honestly..

science channel

So ungoth!

why do you say that? i agree it's been a few but we've had
some good science threads over there... besides, everyone
knows goth's kids won't be goths. no one wants to be like
their parents
lee

--
Last night while sitting in my chair
I pinged a host that wasn't there

television himana Pregnancy 0 December 24th 07 01:21 AM
television usha Breastfeeding 0 December 23rd 07 05:44 PM
television add himana Twins & Triplets 0 December 18th 07 10:25 AM
Television program on Duggar family (16 children) to be rebroadcast Kent Pregnancy 0 November 5th 05 04:01 AM