Bereavement

Old February 9th 07, 12:17 AM posted to alt.support.single-parents
Patrick Mullin

Default So... How was the first day back? And the second?

"'Kate" wrote in message
On Wed, 7 Feb 2007 23:27:49 -0000, "Patrick Mullin"
the following was posted in blue dry erase
marker:

snip
I just feel that whilst my rational mind has accepted the reality of it
all,
my emotional mind is still in denial. I think that over the coming weeks,
when I have no adult company of an evening, it will hit me harder. Part of
me is looking forward to that, so that I do not feel so much like a fraud.

That strikes a chord with me. I think it's part of being different from
what we know of widowed persons. We're not old enough to be widowed. We
don't see ourselves as particularly needing the same empathy because we
weren't married for as long as most widowed people. The "widows with
children" who deserve help... well, that's just not us.

Anyway, thanks for checking up on me - I do appreciate it, especially from
one who can relate to the situation.

Bless you,

Patrick

Everyone here can relate to parts of what you're going through. Many
here have become single parents quite suddenly - widowed, divorced, or
never married. We all hoped for the ideal for our children. We're all
left with the strenuous, physically challenging, sometimes frustrating
but often rewarding job of single parenting. Those babies of yours have
a hundred thousand hugs to give you before they're grown. I hope you
plan on collecting each and every one of them.

'Kate

Kate,

I hope to collect every single one and then demand some more. They are my
motivation, and my reminder that my wife still lives with me, through them.

I do not doubt that - with the support of family, friends and e-friends - I
will manage to do my best to raise them. After all, that is all that I can
aspire to do. I need to allow my emotions to catch up with reality, and
spend some time grieving so that I do not become an embittered old man of a
father to them. Once my Mum goes home next week, I am sure that the evenings
to myself may help me achieve that, and will make me feel less of a fraud.
If I can find the strength to grieve, than I know that the three of us will
be fine.

Take care, and all of my bect wishes to your three,

Patrick

Old February 18th 07, 11:11 PM posted to alt.support.single-parents,alt.usenet.legends.lester-mosley
marika

Default Bereavement

On Sun, 04 Feb 2007 16:01:04 -0500, Patrick Mullin
wrote:

"'Kate" wrote in message
On Sat, 3 Feb 2007 19:29:27 -0000, "Patrick Mullin"
the following was posted in blue dry erase
marker:

Soup, cold meds, and bandaids. When you're the only parent, you can't be
sick or hurt. I think I've probably written this a few times here but I
never felt so alone as when I had to pack the kids in the car and drive
to the store for a bandaid for a bleeding finger. I hope my car is never
DNA tested. :-\

Be prepared!

When you can, designate a legal caregiver for your children should
something unexpected happen to you. When they're old enough, they'll
need to know who that is. And if you don't have life insurance, consider
it.

You sound like a really nice person, Patrick. I'm sorry all this
happened to you.

What did you do with your last day off before work?

Kate,

I actually went out and got some toys for the car, as previously, long
journeys involved my wife travelling backwards, giving the kids biscuits,
drinks, etc... Obviously that can't be the norm anymore, so anything to
distract them is a good thing. Being so young, they should adapt to the
new
norm quite quickly, which is a blessing...

I am currently considering a new will to take the current situation into
account, and am just deciding between a couple of options for legal
guardians for the kids.

sorry to hear all this. A new will is now critical

Once i have made my mind up, that will be the next
major task. I am fortunate enough to have death in service benefit at
work,
should anything happen to me, but life insurance will be a must should I
decide to change job / quit work, etc...

My last day off was spent in the park with the kids and my Mum, and then
watching the rugby (Ireland vs Wales), which was good. Had a long chat
with
an old school friend, and now just relaxing before trying to get an early
night. Yesterday was a bit of a low day for me, though today has been
better. I imagine that the rollercoaster ride I am on will get steeper
over
the next months, but as you said, I just need to focus on getting out of
bed
every morning - everything else follows on from that.

Patrick

Old February 19th 07, 08:30 PM posted to alt.support.single-parents,alt.usenet.legends.lester-mosley
'Kate

wrote:

"'Kate" wrote in message
[...]

If I may ask, why do you crosspost to alt.support.single-parents from
other groups?

'Kate
Old February 19th 07, 08:52 PM posted to alt.support.single-parents,alt.usenet.legends.lester-mosley
marika

wrote:

"'Kate" wrote in message
[...]

i don't crosspost to other groups. I xpost to one group, one is singular.

the xpost is to a group that has interest in the stuff here too.

sharing -- a good thing
Old February 20th 07, 12:59 AM posted to alt.support.single-parents,alt.usenet.legends.lester-mosley
'Kate

Default crossposting was: Bereavement

--

The replies to several crossposted messages are only from
alt.usenet.legends.lester-mosley. Perhaps there is less interest in

Old February 20th 07, 11:31 AM posted to alt.support.single-parents,alt.usenet.legends.lester-mosley
Lester Mosley

The replies to several crossposted messages are only from
alt.usenet.legends.lester-mosley. Perhaps there is less interest in
your generous offer to share than you originally estimated.

I think you have failed in a recent attempt in trying to prove your
point. there is more interest in this than you think form this other
group. Perhaps research will be proven that the body can not digest
precious metals like gold thus when drinking Goldschlager you may get
an condition in what is called "Gold Fever" this resulting in a trip
to the hospital. but again there is about $2.10 at the current market
price worth of gold in a 750ml bottle. I guess using a filter before
drinking and flushing away $2.10 worth of gold unless you use more
than 4 rolls of TP and start to do impressions of Cornholio. but again
wouldnt you rahter have a tasty boiled blah-blah burger from Mars?

Old February 21st 07, 12:48 AM posted to alt.support.single-parents,alt.usenet.legends.lester-mosley
marika

wrote:

On Mon, 19 Feb 2007 15:30:06 -0500, 'Kate wrote:

If I may ask, why do you crosspost to alt.support.single-parents from
other groups?

'Kate

i don't crosspost to other groups. I xpost to one group, one is
singular.

the xpost is to a group that has interest in the stuff here too.

sharing -- a good thing

--

The replies to several crossposted messages are only from
alt.usenet.legends.lester-mosley. Perhaps there is less interest in
your generous offer to share than you originally estimated.

are you trying to troll me?

while i won't say I have evidence to the contrary, i don't think that
there's any real correlation between # of posts to level of interest. Not
everyone is an inveterate researcher and writer and reporter.
discussions posted from assp people are pretty low, but that doesn't mean
they aren't interested in reading posts that are crossposted here. I for
one was and finally decided to post something here because it so quiet
here. apparently no one ever watched carnivale here, but if they did they
would have noticed the amount of single parent characters there are in
it. It was an interesting place for people to get support from to deal
with the social stigma once attached to single parenthood. o well, i
guess it was all in vain to even try a discussion.
Old February 21st 07, 12:52 AM posted to alt.support.single-parents,alt.usenet.legends.lester-mosley
marika

On Tue, 20 Feb 2007 06:31:32 -0500, Lester Mosley
wrote:

The replies to several crossposted messages are only from
alt.usenet.legends.lester-mosley. Perhaps there is less interest in
your generous offer to share than you originally estimated.

I think you have failed in a recent attempt in trying to prove your
point. there is more interest in this than you think form this other
group.

INTERESTING: this IDJIT I sorta went with that worked in Charlottesville
went to Johnson C. Smith, and I remember I'd never previously heard
of it, i know he lurks here, is a single parent and loves carnivale

Perhaps research will be proven that the body can not digest
precious metals like gold thus when drinking Goldschlager you may get
an condition in what is called "Gold Fever" this resulting in a trip
to the hospital.

no just use bond gold powder to cure the itching side effects

Old February 21st 07, 12:53 AM posted to alt.support.single-parents,alt.usenet.legends.lester-mosley
marika

wrote:

[...]

Carnivale was a spooky show.