Leap Pad-ish learning things advice

Old January 13th 05, 04:03 AM
P. Tierney

Default Leap Pad-ish learning things advice

My child has a "My First LeapPad", with books, etc.
The cord on it is wearing, causing glitches sometimes, and
she's getting older, so I'm looking to go to the regular version.

However, there are others who make them, like Fischer
Price and a few others, and there are some with different
features, like microphones (for whatever reason). Some are
touch-based, some are pen, etc.

I'm wondering if anyone has used one that has been good
for their kid, not good, and for what reason. Thanks.

(FYI, my child likes the songs, like hearing words and letters,
and I want it as long as it's a fun toy. I do *not* want one where
the "games" are all, essentially, rote worksheets. I'm not sure if
any are like this, but I've wondered based upon the packaging.
I want it to be varied and fun for her.)

P. Tierney

Old January 13th 05, 04:06 PM
lenny fackler

My child just turned three, but has had no problems with the
First Leap Pad, which requires a pen. So that leaves me to
pick between the regular LeapPad or PowerTouch.

Mine got a regular Leap Pad when he turned three. He could use it then
but at 4.5 he's into it a lot more. Using the pen was never a problem.
There seems to be a wide array of books available that should interest
him for at least a couple more years. It's been a good product for us.