Wash DC legislators proposed POLICE handle security at schl

Old March 18th 04, 12:50 AM
Kane

Default Wash DC legislators proposed POLICE handle security at schl

On Wed, 17 Mar 2004 09:56:01 -0800, Doan wrote:

On 17 Mar 2004 13:05:42 GMT, (Fern5827) wrote:

Doan contributed:

...a Cargo Cult Mentality example par excellance.

It's still legal for parents to use CP on their children in

Washington
DC so of course it hasn't been gotten "rid of" at all.

Have you looked at Sweden lately? ;-)

Sure, have you?

http://www.bra.se/dynamaster/publica...1112018675.pdf

"
The curve in Figure 5 suggests that in many respects, trends in youth
crime have followed those for crime as a whole, which is to say that
offence levels increased up until the beginning of the 1990s,
whereafter they stabi-lised somewhat over the course of the decade.
The principle deviation from the general crime trend is to be found in
the relatively steep drop in youth crime between 1995 and 1999. Self
report studies based on large random samples conducted among Sweden's
ninth graders (aged 15) in the years 1995, 1997 and 1999 provide
further evidence that the downswing witnessed by the statistics
reflects a real drop in youth offending (BRÅ, 2000b). A cor-responding
clear decline is also visible in the data collected in these studies."

As usual the cargo cult mentality folks can't hand science. R R R R

Simple data, Droaner, simple data.

Didn't bother to look it up did you?

You just went, as you usually do, through the motions based on past
information..

Kind of like putting pieced of wood over your ears with bamboo
sticking out of them and making a microphone of wood...eh?

By the way, why don't you get some of your cronies that got the Embry
study from you to come here and debate. I only promised I wouldn't
debart you unless you got honest...which you obviously couldn't do.

Or someone thinks...... R R R R .....

Anti-spanking zealotS don't think, they just regurgitate! :-)

Funny, that's EXACTLY what you just did on Sweden. R R R R

So tell us, Droananator, what did "we" "regurgitate" please?

You responded to a problem with school discipline by pointing out that
spanking in schools if forbidden in one area.

The same old regurgitated garbage as usual.

I responded with the facts....parental spanking is still legal in all
states and DC.

Now since YOU yahoos frequently repeat this mantra is it regurgitated
when I quote and NOT when YOU do?

You are still a brainless twit.

No wonder people stop even communicating with you so often. You fried
a couple of folks on misc.kids and alt.solutions parenting...so you
are back here amonsts your equally clueless Buds, like The Flower. R R
R R

.....children just lay aside the beatings they take at home when

they
step through the magical doors of public school. }:-

And Droany claims he doesn't advocate for spanking....snicker

And you would be right! :-)

Oh then you don't think there is a problem with crime in DC schools
and cut off of spanking in those schools?

Could have fooled me.

You are the rare phenomena, a Constant Troll. Useless, brainless, self
important, and totally convinced you are ethical, when in fact many
see you with your pants around your knees exposing yourself with every
post.

A battered spanked child acting out.

Doan

But the problem is anti-spanking zealotS like yourself have been

claiming
that getting rid of cp will reduce crime. Washing DC had

outlawed
cp
in the schools but the crime rate has not declined!

Doan

So you don't think there is any connection with no CP in DC schools
and the crime rate not declining?

I wonder what you did mean then by posting that?

Just letting them make up their own mind and you are just fine with a
stuck rate of crime in DC.

Hookay sucker. Pretend all you wish if it pleases you.

Kane

On 16 Mar 2004, Chris wrote:

Ivan Gowch wrote:
: On 14 Mar 2004 15:46:05 GMT, (Fern5827)

wrote:

: ==
http://washingtontimes.com/op-ed/200...3101-4792r.htm
: ==
: ==Shooting in school. Generally unsafe conditions.

: (snip)

Old March 18th 04, 01:37 AM
Doan

On 17 Mar 2004, Kane wrote:

[...]

reflects a real drop in youth offending (BR=C5, 2000b). A cor-responding
clear decline is also visible in the data collected in these studies."

They banned spanking back in 1979! The USA also showed a sharp drop
in crime during this same period. Could it be due to spanking? ;-)
You cannot have it both ways!

As usual the cargo cult mentality folks can't hand science. R R R R

LOL! You are looking in the mirror again.

Simple data, Droaner, simple data.

For simple-minded people like you, that is. :-0

Didn't bother to look it up did you?

I did! And also found this:

ROME, AUG. 28, 2002 (Zenit.org).- Europe is getting grayer, a new study
confirms.

The "Comparison of Childhood and Adolescence in the European Union" was
published recently by the Center of Documentation and Analyses of
Childhood and Adolescence of the Ministry of Labor and Social Policies.

The study is the first of its type in Europe. Among its findings:

-- Starting in the 1960s, the population of what is now the European
Union countries has been progressively aging, due in part to falling
birthrates.

In 1999 the population of children (up to age 14) and minors (up to age
17) represented 17% and 20.6%, respectively, of the total EU population
of 375 million.

Germany, Italy, Spain and Greece have relatively fewer young people.
Italy's children account for 14.5% of its population, minors 17.7%. At
the other extreme is Ireland, where children account for 22.2% of the
population, minors 27.7%.

-- The general crime rate is relatively high in Sweden (135 incidents
per 1,000 inhabitants) and in Denmark (101). The lowest rates are in
Spain (18), Ireland (25), Portugal (32), Greece (36) and Italy (54).

Sound like trouble in anti-spanking paradise.

You just went, as you usually do, through the motions based on past
information..

And you are as stupid as usual. :-)

Kind of like putting pieced of wood over your ears with bamboo
sticking out of them and making a microphone of wood...eh?

By the way, why don't you get some of your cronies that got the Embry
study from you to come here and debate. I only promised I wouldn't
debart you unless you got honest...which you obviously couldn't do.

Why don't you get Chris and Gerald to debate with you on the Embry study.
I think they don't dare to touch with a ten-foot pole since they know
now that I have the study and know the small sample size in it. They
are much smarter than you, Kane3. ;-)

Doan

On 16 Mar 2004, Chris wrote:

Ivan Gowch wrote:
: On 14 Mar 2004 15:46:05 GMT, (Fern5827)

wrote:

: =3D=3D
http://washingtontimes.com/op-ed/200...3101-4792r.ht=

: =3D=3D
: =3D=3DShooting in school. Generally unsafe conditions.

: (snip)

Old March 18th 04, 12:12 PM
Kane

On Wed, 17 Mar 2004 16:37:56 -0800, Doan wrote:

On 17 Mar 2004, Kane wrote:

[...]

Shall we entertain the exhibitionist, Droananator? Sure, why not. He
wants to make a fool of himself yet again, who am I to interfer.

They banned spanking back in 1979!

That would be news to the Swedes. So tell us, Droany, what was the
penalty imposed by Sweden on it's parents who used CP on their
children?

I have a hunch most people would supress a chuckle or two at a police
officer that pulled them over for speeding and wrote them up a ticket
that said, "Please Don't Do That, thank you very much, signed Officer
Mulroony"

The USA also showed a sharp drop
in crime during this same period. Could it be due to spanking? ;-)

Could it be due to the proliferation of prisons, and much harsher
penalties for crime that ensued in the intervening years....oh, wait,
there is no State of Sweden in the USA. Must have been something else.
:-)

You cannot have it both ways!

I know.

That's exactly what I was saying in discussing an unchanging crime
rate in schools in DC after banning spanking in schools there but not
in the homes of DC.

I agree. You can't have it both ways.

As usual the cargo cult mentality folks can't hand science. R R R R

LOL! You are looking in the mirror again.

Simple data, Droaner, simple data.

For simple-minded people like you, that is. :-0

Seems Droananator's got it out and floggin' away again folks. R R R R

What a child.

Didn't bother to look it up did you?

I did! And also found this:

Naw, you just frantically started searching after you got caught in
another public exhibition.

And I'll be calling up my friends doing data collection and
statistical analysis for the US DOJ and telling them Droaner has
determined that Italy is the best source of OTHER countries crime
stats, so they are now out of a job. snicker

I hear that Denmark also has folks that do analysis on Sweden's
spanking law outcomes. That guy should be a good source for unbiased
data. snicker

[...]

Wanting it both ways, Droaner? You seem to think that what effects a
drop in crime in Sweden is the same as what effects it in the US.

But now you point to a claim that Sweden has a high rate of "general
crime" when the discussion, from the beginning, was about crime rates
in highschools....adolescents, Droaner....you know, like you.

By the way,

European countries that don't smack

Sweden
Finland
Denmark
Germany
Italy
Norway
Austria
Cyprus
Croatia
Latvia

But then, according to you there is some other mysterious reason for
crime rates.

Notice that Italy, the very lowest of crime rates from your citation
is also a no-spank country.

Now I'M not going to draw any conclusions from these facts, but
apparently you are willing to, despite the lack of consistency of your
claims from one issue, and one country, to another.

But then, I'm not a public exhibitionist.

You just went, as you usually do, through the motions based on past
information..

And you are as stupid as usual. :-)

You just went, as you usually do, through the motions based on past
information..

And apparently are flogging about completely in over your head at this
point. You haven't done anything but show how logically and factually
impaired you are.

Kind of like putting pieced of wood over your ears with bamboo
sticking out of them and making a microphone of wood...eh?

By the way, why don't you get some of your cronies that got the

Embry
study from you to come here and debate. I only promised I wouldn't
debart you unless you got honest...which you obviously couldn't do.

Why don't you get Chris and Gerald to debate with you on the Embry

study.

Now that would make a lot of sense. Three people pretty much on the
same team debating each other.

Tell yah what, why don't you and The Plant debate the study you claim
you have...you can send it to It by e-mail and you'll be off and
dripping.

The Spanking Compulsives and logic.....R R R R R R R R

I think they don't dare to touch with a ten-foot pole since they know
now that I have the study

They do? You've sent them a copy via e-mail? Funny, none of them I've
talked with have told me that. Are they holding out on Kane?....R R R

and know the small sample size in it.

Well, I can assure you some of them DO know the exact size of the
sample, and the unique circumstances that make it MORE than adequate
for the purpose of the study.....which, R R R R, YOU don't even know.

You had your chance to debate me, Droaner, but for some odd reason you
turned it down.

Interesting that you seem to know about the size of the study sample
but nothing about simple questions I asked, like page referrences, and
WHY it's logical for the study sample to be the size it is.

Well, it was quite a bit larger than another study you have been known
to cite in defence of spanking compulsives. At least 8 times, and with
NO peeling off of that piece of the study population that would defeat
the premise of the observer, as Dimrind did with her study.

They
are much smarter than you, Kane3. ;-)

Could be. The world has a lot of people smarter than me, but of course
no one smarter than the Droaner. Is that three octaves about middle C,
I hear? Gone from droaning to keening have yah? R R R R R

I'm so much less smarter that I figured out that age and the passage
of time may have something to do with the reduction in youth crime
reported in Sweden, but the Swedes (odd they report their own data,
isn't it?)

Let me see now late 70's, children growing up from that time, less and
less spanking as a result of social sanctions (Law...R R R R...now
that's a cackle) with a lot of teens NOW that haven't been spanked
most likely, and less and less crime among them.

Can't be a connect...naw, Droany whined it so. R R R R R R R R R R R R
R R....GASP!

Thanks Droaner. This is sooooo much more entertaining than watching
the peas grow.

Doan

You sure are.

Seems you chose not to respond to much of what I stated below. Why IS
that I wonder?

Kane

On 16 Mar 2004, Chris wrote:

Ivan Gowch wrote:
: On 14 Mar 2004 15:46:05 GMT, (Fern5827)

: ==