good online sites for toy purchases

Old November 27th 06, 07:23 PM posted to misc.kids
Anne Rogers

Default good online sites for toy purchases

having recently moved to the US, it seems like a good way for relatives to
buy presents is to order from a US site and have them delivered to us, but
I'm basically clueless as to the names of any good sites.

Cheers

Anne

Old November 27th 06, 08:05 PM posted to misc.kids
[email protected]

Anne Rogers wrote:
having recently moved to the US, it seems like a good way for relatives to
buy presents is to order from a US site and have them delivered to us, but
I'm basically clueless as to the names of any good sites.

Cheers

Anne

I'll go to amazon.com for anything I don't get in Sam's or CostCo
(toys, books, clothes, appliances, you name it). The reasons being 1. I
hate shopping and 2. between the above mentioned three sources, I can
get great choice, quality, price and return policy.

Old November 27th 06, 08:45 PM posted to misc.kids
A & L Lane

wrote in message
oups.com...

Anne Rogers wrote:
having recently moved to the US, it seems like a good way for relatives
buy presents is to order from a US site and have them delivered to us,
but
I'm basically clueless as to the names of any good sites.

Cheers

Anne

I'll go to amazon.com for anything I don't get in Sam's or CostCo
(toys, books, clothes, appliances, you name it). The reasons being 1. I
hate shopping and 2. between the above mentioned three sources, I can
get great choice, quality, price and return policy.

We have just placed our first order from Amazon and I am a very unhappy
customer. Information on site regarding shipping and delivery times is
totally misleading and consequently we will not be receiving the Christmas
gifts ordered from there. Will probably never buy there again and have not
yet been successful in finding a way of contacting them to express my
dissatisfaction.

To be specific, we ordered on Nov 10th, it is now Nov 28th and they are
nowhere close to starting to deliver the parcel. Deliberately chose only
items that were In Stock and sold/shipped from Amazon - as per their own
recommendations - should have been shipped within 3 to 5 days according to
their own website. Read all the information available about deadlines - we
were well inside them (by about 3 weeks) and not only are we facing not
receiving the items in time, they havent even shipped them. I run an online
shop myself and if I dont mail the next day after payment, I have fallen
down on the job. You dont expect a big company to give you that kind of
personal service but I am damn annoyed at taking the time to check their own
info only to find that they dont care about sticking to their own policy.

Live and Learn - they miss out on future business from us. I love online
shopping - it is much more convenient for us but I expect clear information
on what to expect and that information to be accurate.
cheers
Leah

Old November 27th 06, 09:23 PM posted to misc.kids
annie

Anne Rogers wrote:
having recently moved to the US, it seems like a good way for relatives to
buy presents is to order from a US site and have them delivered to us, but
I'm basically clueless as to the names of any good sites.

The December issue of Parents magazine has a review of 4 online sites.
They had someone try to purchase an identical set of toys from 4
different online stores, then rate them based on price, return policy,
and shipping and handling. I don't have it right in front of me, but I
believe KB Toys was the winner.

Annie

Old November 27th 06, 09:53 PM posted to misc.kids
Caledonia

Anne Rogers wrote:
having recently moved to the US, it seems like a good way for relatives to
buy presents is to order from a US site and have them delivered to us, but
I'm basically clueless as to the names of any good sites.

Cheers

Anne

Childcraft.com: 'things' and kid-type supplies
LLBean.com: clothes, shoes, winterwear

These are my 2 favorites; epinions.com has 'user ratings' of various
on-line stores -- just enter the name of the item you're searching for
(or use froogle in google), and cross-check with epinions.

Caledonia

Old November 28th 06, 12:21 AM posted to misc.kids
Jeff

"A & L Lane" wrote in message

wrote in message
oups.com...

Anne Rogers wrote:
[...]

I would call the company and tell them to cancel the order. If they don't
refund the money, file a written claim with the credit card company.

Jeff

Old November 28th 06, 12:29 AM posted to misc.kids
Jeff

"Anne Rogers" wrote in message
having recently moved to the US, it seems like a good way for relatives to
buy presents is to order from a US site and have them delivered to us, but
I'm basically clueless as to the names of any good sites.

Cheers

Anne

Target, WalMart, ToysRUs, barnes and noble (bn.com), lego, and Amazon.com
all have toys that you can order over the web.

Jeff

Old November 28th 06, 07:37 AM posted to misc.kids
A & L Lane

"Jeff" wrote in message
ink.net...

"A & L Lane" wrote in message

I would call the company and tell them to cancel the order. If they don't
refund the money, file a written claim with the credit card company.

Jeff

Thanks - just did that about an hour ago after they pushed back the delivery
date for a third time. Apparently, even though both books are listed as "in
stock", at least one of them actually isnt. I suppose you are supposed to
be telepathic to work that out but I wont be ordering from Amazon again. No
worries about the credit card - just annoyed that the system works so badly
that they cant get "out of stock/in stock" correct - it is a pretty
fundamental issue for online shopping.

cheers
Leah

Old November 28th 06, 06:42 PM posted to misc.kids
Ericka Kammerer

A & L Lane wrote:
"Jeff" wrote in message
ink.net...
"A & L Lane" wrote in message
I would call the company and tell them to cancel the order. If they don't
refund the money, file a written claim with the credit card company.

Jeff

Thanks - just did that about an hour ago after they pushed back the delivery
date for a third time. Apparently, even though both books are listed as "in
stock", at least one of them actually isnt. I suppose you are supposed to
be telepathic to work that out but I wont be ordering from Amazon again. No
worries about the credit card - just annoyed that the system works so badly
that they cant get "out of stock/in stock" correct - it is a pretty
fundamental issue for online shopping.

Very odd. I have to say that I order a *lot*
from amazon, and haven't ever had that sort of problem.
I'm not suggesting that you made a mistake somehow--it
sure sounds like they screwed up, which is totally
unacceptable. I'm just a tad surprised, given my
track record.

Best wishes,
Ericka
Old November 29th 06, 12:21 AM posted to misc.kids
Jeff

"Ericka Kammerer" wrote in message
. ..
A & L Lane wrote:
"Jeff" wrote in message
ink.net...
"A & L Lane" wrote in message
[...]

A few months ago, Toys R Us and Amazon had a relationship such that Toys R
Us provided the Toys for the Amazon Toy Store. Then there was a messy
divorce. Perhaps the poor service is just growing pains from when Amazon was
forced to go at it alone (or lose market share).

Personally, I have never ordered from Amazon.com (I always ordered books
from Barnes and Noble - had excellent service - or just went to the library
for their great prices, which I pay whether I use it or not).

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/11641703/

Jeff