AAARRRRGGGHHH!!!!! Long hubby vent comin' up!

Old September 16th 03, 02:54 AM
*Hunee*

Default AAARRRRGGGHHH!!!!! Long hubby vent comin' up!

Last night has to be one of the *worst* nights I have had for a long time!
Between a crying baby and a snoring husband I feel like I have had a grand
total of maybe 2 hours sleep *all* night!
And I was in bed before the kids!!!

Let me explain..........
Hubby very rarely sleeps in our bed.
Why?
Cause he would rather sleep on a cruddy old couch in the loungeroom.
Why?
Because he says he doesn't want to disturb me (please do!;-) or Sophie when
he comes into bed.
Now I am ok with this, I have gotten used to having the bed to myself and it
makes feeding easier at night etc. I sometimes go on a bit of a rant about
his excuse for not coming in to bed with me, but like I said I'm ok with it.

Now I know why!!!!!

Does anyone else out there have a hubby who loves being a dad but hates it
when the baby disturbs his sleep?
I am sick of being told 'Can't you fix her?'.
Like I only fixed her 10 minutes ago, whats wrong with your arms and
legs!!!! AARRGGHH!!!!
Because of this happening on more than one occassion, when he does decide to
grace me with his presence in the bed, I get so stressed that Sophie will
cry for a minute too long and I will cop sh*t for it that I kind of lay in
bed awake all night listening and waiting for the slightest noise out of her
so I can fix her before he cracks the sh*ts!
Outcome: no sleep for me!
Why do I let him do it?
I could kick myself good and hard this morning for letting him do this to me
and making me feel this way.

So now I am in the throes of trying to clean a demolition site (my house!)
and stay awake!
He will come home from work tonight, fall on the couch, eat dinner, play
with the kids for a bit, then play on his computer or work or whatever it is
that he says he does when he's locked in his office! Then he will plonk on
his *couch bed* and veg out and snooze while I clean, cook, wash, take care
of 5 kids and him!!!!
Then go to bed for another sh***y night!
AAARRRGGGHH!!!
I don't want him to come to bed!!!
Is that bad of me?

Sozz guy's I am tired and grumpy this morning, because I have let this
happen to myself!!!
I just had to let it out.

/kicking butt *very* hard!

*~*~*Trish*~*~*
Mum to 5 wonderful human beings,
Partner to one grumpy old man!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
http://www.a3.com.au
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Old September 16th 03, 02:59 AM
*Hunee*

Default So sorry wrong NG.

Sorry peoples I sent this here instead of there.
;-)

Old September 16th 03, 03:00 AM
Rob and Laura

Wow you sure summed up my DH as well, except I do not have 5 kids just the
one and 2 cats.
DH works over nights but I do get the bed to myself, but as far as the day
goes, well he wants his sleep, he wakes when she crys mumbling about that
under his breath, he moves from the bed to the couch, all through out the
day. he will wake up for supper than back to bed again. When hes not
sleeping hes on his computer fooling around.
I have to keep the house clean, get meals, feed Izabella, feed the cats, and
I am suppose to try and nap as DH would say. GEESHH!!! This is all the time
too. I hope it gets better soon cause this is just too crazy for me.

--
Laura
Mommy to Izabella **Feb 10th, 2003**

Old September 16th 03, 03:32 AM
JennP

"*Hunee*" wrote in message
Sorry peoples I sent this here instead of there.
;-)

I had a feeling this was an alt.mothers type post...anyway, sorry you feel
so frustrated.
--
JennP.

mom to Matthew 10/11/00
remove "no........spam" to reply

Old September 16th 03, 02:12 PM
mom2fallbabies

"*Hunee*" wrote in message .. .

Does anyone else out there have a hubby who loves being a dad but hates it
when the baby disturbs his sleep?

Oh Boy, do I! My DH works rotating day and night shifts, with a lot of
overtime. So I try to be understanding that he is tired a lot but...

It is as if he has developed a "hearing problem" when it comes to
noticing when Aaron is up. Lately I have gotten pretty mad when hubby
has his 7 days off in a row, and I get up in the morning every one of
those days with Aaron. I know he works, but I think I ought to get at
least one morning of SEVEN to sleep! When Aaron was tiny it was the
same thing. We would agree that Eddie was doing the night feed or
whatever, then Aaron would wake and DH was still as ever. So I got up.
A lot of resentment built at times. DH would say why didn't you wake
me. Well, he gets crabby when he thinks he is being "told" to do
something... and I felt it would be worse at 2 a.m. And I think he
really could hear Aaron, esp back then. We lived in an 800 sq ft house
and Aaron's bed was just on the other side of the wall.

Grrr. Men. This should be interesting when #2 arrives.

Amanda
edd 11/28

Old September 16th 03, 06:21 PM
Shannon

If I were you I would reverse the roles. When the baby starts to cry kick
him out of bed and tell him to "fix her". Remind him she is both of your
responsibility, im quite sure you didn't get pg without his help. You need
to put your foot down before it is too late. Soon you will resent him if you
don't.
Good Luck!

Shannon

Old September 16th 03, 08:44 PM
Stephanie Stowe

"*Hunee*" wrote in message
[...]

That would earn a kick. And a hard one. My DH knows better. I would nurse,
then hand baby over to HIM to "fix" while *I* got some sleep. And by the
way, go downstairs so I cannot hear you!

[...]

Time for one of those hard to bring up the subject because the marital
pattern has been established conversations from hell with your husband. Uck.
I hate those.

Sozz guy's I am tired and grumpy this morning, because I have let this
happen to myself!!!
I just had to let it out.

Screw the housekeeping. If the kids nap, you nap too.

I hope you feel better soon!

Old September 16th 03, 08:45 PM
Stephanie Stowe

"mom2fallbabies" wrote in message
om...
"*Hunee*" wrote in message

.. .

[...]

You people are too damned nice to your husbands. Kick them into SHAPE!!!

Old September 16th 03, 09:30 PM
Daye

On Tue, 16 Sep 2003 11:54:52 +1000, "*Hunee*"
wrote:

Why do I let him do it?

That is the key. Why do you let him do it?

My DH is also an Aussie, and he doesn't treat me this way. He
wouldn't be allowed, quite frankly. I don't put up with crap like
that, and he knows it. However, I don't have to. He just doesn't
treat me this way.

DH and I set boundaries very early on about how we were to be treated.
He knows what I expect, and I know what he expects. Maybe it is time
you set some boundaries of your own.

--
Daye
Momma to Jayan