A Parenting & kids forum. ParentingBanter.com

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » ParentingBanter.com forum » alt.parenting » Spanking
Site Map Home Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

If you want to discuss something I feel is relevant



 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #121  
Old February 16th 06, 03:41 AM posted to alt.parenting.spanking
external usenet poster
 
Posts: n/a
Default If you want to discuss something I feel is relevant


Les chiens peuvent aboyer mais la caravane passe. ;-)

Doan

On Wed, 15 Feb 2006, 0:- wrote:
[color=blue]

beccafromlalaland wrote:
I'm snipping away portions of text because the forum I use to post only
allows 10,000 characters in a single post.


The attributions, so we may who is saying what, are badly mangled. I
find the free mail program, Thunderbird, does an excellent job of
controlling attributions display properly. It will handle, if your IP
provides the service, an excellent newsreader as well.

Ill try to sort through your post as best I can, as to who said what
when. Bear with me and correct where you see I might have erred.

kane Wrote:


beccafromlalaland:
I was being playfully friendly with you when I asked for your
copy...hence the use of the "LOL" I was joking


This below is my response.
Ordinarily "LOL" is not used playfully. Playful usually consists of
smilies. Such as :-)


LOL means Laugh Out Loud which is also an acceptable communication of a
joking or playful attitude. Sometimes one must read between the lines
to catch the meaning. kane Wrote:


No, it is more often used derisively. If one is kidding playfully
useually a winker smilie is the preferred symbol. 0;-

And the problem with written communication, unless people are long time
associates and preferably know each other personally, is that no, one
should not have to read between the lines. Doing so creates the kind of
errors of assumption you made when I asked you if you used the same
tactics with your children, as a question.

Or, if you insist that we must understand each other and you
understood me to be asking a question in a accusatory manner, then my
comment about stands. You were using LOL derisively. See how badly it
works to force the other to read between the lines?

If you can't remember and follow a simple dialouge from day to day
that's your problem not mine.


In a two way conversation if one asks the other to clarify such a reply
is extraordinarily rude. I make NO apology for not being able to follow
some specific thought of yours if you do not attribute it when you
remark later about it. If for nothing else then for accuracy it needs to
be seen adjacent to the later commentary about it.

No it becomes your problem if you wish me to follow the thread. Please
don't assume you are the only person I have conversations with. What
is it especially about you that would be so remarkable that I'd

remember
from day to day? I have a wife I provide that attention to.

I don't have a problem remembering who's who and what's what from day
to day week to week, but I do have a very good memory which aids in
that.


Neither do I, beyond the ordinary. I also have a good memory. That does
not mean I remember everything, and especially not fine details that I
might NOT have given the weight to the other did. Propertly attribute
your remarks please. That is NOT and unreasonable request, while yours
that I remember whatever detail out of all your postings contents you
chose to refer to blindly, is more certainly an unreasonable request.

I may be at an unfair advantage given that talent.


It would not do you the least good if I remarked on some past comment of
mine with poor reference to the content of my prior remark. You do NOT
refer to a prior remark clearly enough for me, or anyone, to know what
you are referring to.

I can
remember the plot and characters of nearly every book I've read in
recent years, as well as the lines from plays from highschool. One of
those weird things that comes in handy for me but can annoy others.


Then you are willing to annoy others deliberately? Refusing to
accomodate them in such a simple thing is in fact rude.

kane Wrote:
Having Lengthy bits of conversation
floating through posts irritates me, it is redundant and
unnecessary....at least for me
Then you have a problem with normal Usenet and Web protocols. Snipping
the content of a subject then remarking about it is rude.

I don't use "Usenet" and 90% of my postings are on forums in which one
can easily scroll up to refresh their memory.


You are posting to a Usenet newsgroup (Now delivered by Google...or any
other newsreader you wish..but still Usenet) and I do NOT have your
forums, nor should I be forced to join them to read your prior posts in
the thread. Kindly quote the material you are commenting about.

Your newsreader, whatever it is, badly screws up the attributions, so
that I had to go through and hand correct the various incorrect marks.

kane Wrote:

In fact, below was yet another one. YOUR comments were in double
when they should have been singles. I have to hand correct them now for
any reader to be able to follow. This is not a personal correspondence.
We are in a public forum and its inconsiderate of the other readers and
posters to post incomprehensible material that loses which author is
saying what.

Perhaps you should do some memory
excercises, to aide in your ability to follow along, without a
reference to something either you wrote or you read from an earlier
post.
You are now, since my requests were politely offered, are being
harassing and rude.


Actually, that was a serious bit of friendly advice. Doing Memory
excercises not only improves your short term memory but there is some
evidence that it will improve your recall ability in your waning years.
And accourding to a researcher friend of mine may even help lessen the
severity of memory loss in Dementia patients.


You are being deliberately ageist. My memory in fact is far better than
most people my age. My request is not out of line, and it is
unreasonable for you to ask this of me above to follow YOUR sloppy
posting habits.

kane Wrote:
(again having to snip double attribution marks to singles)

Another bit of advice. and yes I am yelling at you in this next
portion just so we are clear.


Of course. You are rude. I know that. You've demonstrated it before.

You've poked Momma bear one too many times, I'm not rude...I'm
defensive.


Defensive? I have your family here and threaten them? How? My remarks
are to YOU, not your children. In fact Im the one being DEFENSIVE of
your children.

You are simply defending yourself against what you took as an insult,
and may or may not have been. You cannot know unless you ask.

kane Wrote:
(again you say I am making a statement, but this yelling is YOUR

statement. This time Ill leave the double attributions so you can see
it and do something about it, hopefully)
NEVER EVER, MENTION MY PARENTING OR THE WAY I CHOOSE TO RAISE MY
CHILDREN IN A DEROGOTORY MANNER AGAIN.



NOW Kane responds:
Sorry. I'll mention it any time I wish.

Now who's being rude?


I am not being rude. This is a newsgroup titled
alt.parenting.spanking. There is nothing rude about discussing
children, since they are impossible to remove from such a subject. They
are the object of the spanking in the title. This is about parenting.
One parents children.

I do not question your parenting ethics...nor do
I even mention your children in posts. I would never DREAM of doing
something that rude, not even with provocation.


You have been repeatedly rude, almost from the start of this ng. You
have accused me, for instance, of not answering your questions, only to
find that after I had to jostle you famous memory that I had indeed
answered them ALL, as asked. Even correctly attributing them in my post.

kane Wrote: NO I DIDNT. The forum you post to and through does NOT
translate its attributions to other formats, such as google, or various
newsreaders. The rest of us are standardized...its YOUR forum that is
not. And I should NOT have to join your forum to discuss these issues
with you. This is USENET, not your forum.

This is YOU, incorrectly attributed by YOUR forum service. Get it fixed,
or use a proper newsreader. Plenty of free ones to not make this jumbled
mess.

This is YOU:
THIS IS THE SECOND TIME YOU
HAVE SAID SOMTHING IN A NASTY TONE TO ME ABOUT WHAT YOU PRESSUME
ABOUT
MY FAMILY.
So what? You have seen fit to be rude and nasty to me, have you not?

Yes I have said rude things to you, but NEVER in a million years would
I poke you about the way you raise your children.


You cant even keep straight whether or not Ive answered you. You
insult my memory, when your own, that you claim is so special failed you
miserably over the claim I hadnt replied to your questions. You were
rude then, you are being so NOW.

That hardly equates with any justification to lecture me as you are now
doing. You cant even apply the newsgroup title properly. Children are
in the subject field of this ng by default.

I WILL ask questions about and discuss children here, yours, mine, or
anyones I choose. Your orders are refused. Again.

Heres some of you polite discourse directed at me from prior posts,
after you totally screwed up by NOT properly attributing and thus losing
YOUR own way and falsely accusing me of failure to respond:

,,,I didn't quote Kane in my prior post because it would have
been more confusing trying to filter through the bs...

... I assume you are intelligiant enough to figure out which portionsof
your extensive butt cover....erm clarification of your prior posts I am
responding to...but I've been wrong before. ...

You WERE wrong. And yet YOU are accusing me, where I was trying to
direct your attention to correcting your error by the use of direct
quotes of my posts, with an insulting comment that I was just trying to
cover my butt.

Until then get off your hobby horse, and
learn to play with the grown ups who actually discuss CURRENT research,
CURRENT parenting challenges, and CURRENT solutions to their parenting
challenges. b~

I did not start the insulting in this exchange with you in this thread.
You have pushed the boundary of civility constantly.

You began with me by calling my response that exposed Doan for the
harassing vicious little provacatuer he obviously is, childish. You
havent let up since.

I dont pretend to be nice, or demand it of others, you phony.

Before you correct ME, clean your own house. Or we can continue on our
merry way insulting each other and not going indignant about it, phony.

kane Wrote:

YOU KNOW NOTHING ABOUT MY FAMILY LIFE,


Nonsense. Wheres that famous memory of yours. You wrote that you have
two high needs children.

That's right, and that is why I did NOT presume about your family. I
asked IF you behaved toward your children as you do me. Do you not
understand the interogatory sentence?

What kind of question is that?


An ordinary question.

You are an adult, not a child.


Thats correct.

I treat
adults in the way adults should be treated, and I treat children in age
appropriate fashion.


How would I know that unless I asked you?

Do you and realize that you confirmed my feeling
that your original question was in fact meant as an insult...or are you
going to choose to ignore it?


Ignore what? Your feeling? No, why should I.

Given that I had a feeling your comment about getting my copy of the
Embry study from me ended in LOL.

Get it?

kane Wrote:

A question is a question, not an accusation. I could have been
speaking
rhetorically, but hte only way to tell for sure is to ask me. Not
assume, as you just did.

One can ask a question in an accusatory fashion. That is what you did.
That question asked in the context it was in was inflamatory.


Sure one can. And no, you do not KNOW that it was meant to be
inflamatory[sic].
And stop pretending YOU have not been deliberately insulting since first
posting here and continuously ever since. There are just too many examples.

And you are still arguing about it...one word comes to mine It starts
with a C ends with a Y and has RAZ in the middle.

kane Wrote:

Ask me if I meant to be nasty about your child rearing methods. Go
ahead.

I don't need to you already answered it.

No I didnt.


Kane said: I asked IF you behaved toward your children as you do me.
That statment answers that question...YES In my opinion you meant to be
nasty about my child rearing methods.


You cannot logically draw from my question that I meant to be nasty. You
can infer it, but nothing logically proves it. Its your feeling, not a
fact. That statement, with the IF in it does NOT prove that I meantto
be nasty.

kane Wrote:

AND YET YOU FEEL
IT'S ALRIGHT TO FORM ASUMPTIONS ABOUT ME, AND HOW I TREAT MY
CHILDREN.
A question is not an assumption.

the context in which you chose to ask that question, turned it from a
question to an assumption. if you had not assumed that I treat my
children poorly you would not have asked that question.

No such logical inference can be made. I could have asked you that
question for a number of reasons, none of which was nasty.

You made a rude accusatory comment toward me. You have a record of doing
so throughout this thread and this ng when you posted to it in response
to me, and on an occasion toward me when responding to Doan. I want to
know if you treat your children the same way.

Is my question provoking the very response that I suspected it might,
but hoped it wouldnt?

kane Wrote:

What I said was, and thank you for this time not snipping my actually
comments from the flow:
" Do you treat your children the same way? Or were you just being
playfully friendly with me?"
Do you see the question mark? Twice? How could you miss it and presume
I am making an assumption. It's YOU that made the assumption and
accused me.

Of course I saw the question marks. Again the context in which you
asked the question lead me to the assumption that you were presuming
that I treat my children poorly.


Nope. That was YOUR reaction. I was concerned you MIGHT BE. And even IF
I made such an assumption rather than ACCUSE you, I asked for
clarification from you.

kane Wrote:

How do you know that I feel alright to make assumptions about you,
without asking me?

How do you feel about asking questions that force someone to assume
that you assumed something?


No one forces you to assume anything. YOU assume it. You did not even
come back with a question to find out IF I meant to be nasty. You simply
accused me of it.

And further more what gave you the idea
that it was OK to ask a question that inflammatory?


What is NOT OK about asking that question?

Unless invited one
should never speak of anothers children...and from what I can recall I
never gave you any inkling of permission to make comment or question
after my children.


You joined a newsgroup called, alt.parenting.spanking. We arent
discussing fetish spanking here. We are discussing parents, spanking,
and by obvious inference, the children that would or would not be spanked.

It would be like me asking after your sex life.


No it wouldnt.

One's family life is intensly personal, and unless asked to make
comment or question or given express permission to do so it's best to
leave well enough alone.


No it is not intensely personal. I do not preform sexually in public,
but I do and have parented in public. I dont discuss my sex life
publically, but I do my parenting.

As for unless asked; Not if you join a newsgroup that is expressly
about the subject of children. This one is. That means you have given
permission to discuss family life in the context of child rearing.

kane Wrote:

I asked YOU a question. YOU made a bald faced accusation.
See the difference?

You asked a question that forced me to become defensive. kane Wrote:


Forced you? You are FORCED to answer my question? To become
defensive? You have no other choice, or choices? How about you simply
ask me my meaning, first? Then you dont have to become defensive until
you are sure I am trying to be nasty.


IT IS A VERY RUDE THING TO DO.
To ask a question about whether or not you are rude to your children
as
you appear to be behaving toward me?

To assume that I would treat my children as I treat an adult, yes.

Full circle, and I will remind you of that with the same response as
befo A question is not an assumption or an accusation. Its a
question. Because it is YOU get to answer it as you see fit.

You chose to come back and accuse me of being nasty. Which of us is
being presumptuous?

To
bring my children and my family life into a conflict between you and I?
YES.


beccafromlalaland, the name of this newsgroup is
alt.parenting.spanking. Its google (Usenet) description is
Discussion about punishment methods for children.

You wish to only discuss this issue by proxie, and other people and
their children?

kane Wrote:

IT IS AN INSULT, BUT OF COURSE YOU
ALREADY KNOW THAT BECAUSE YOU INTEND YOUR "QUESTION" AS AN INSULT.


Yelling makes it true, does it? How about you ASK me if I meant to be
nasty and insulting?

How can you be sure of that unless you ask? Are you not making an
assumption about my meaning? With out any real cause to do so?

I have answered this already. The context that you asked that question
was such that it forced me to assume you were being insulting.


The context is this newsgroup, which subject is children parenting
and Discussion about punishment methods for children. It is NOT
automatically an insult to ask, if someone has been posting a long
string of insults if they treat their children the same way, but I
certainly can see, given your long string of insults why you might take
it as one.

kane Wrote:

I'll ask it again, in fact, no accusation intended but simply a
question related to how rude and attacking and accusatory you are
being
toward me. Are you doing the same with your children?

This has been sufficiently addressed. NO, I am not rude attacking or
accusatory with my children.


I am relieved to hear that. I had both intent to be nasty and insult
you, and some concern that you might carry this attitude into parenting
situations.

See how easy that was when you stop presuming and answered the question?
You then didnt even have to ask me, I told you freely, as I would, had
you ASKED.

Yes, and you deserved my implication, beccafromlalaland. And youll get
more if you keep up the stupid insults. Trust me.

kane Wrote:

And, beccafromlalaland, your response is clearly indicative that you
DO
know you are being rude and abusive in your language toward me.
Or you wouldn't take offense at my specific question asking if you are
being so abusive toward your children.

I was/am bieng rude to you...as you have been rude to me.


But I must stop, while you continue? Interesting take on debate.

Perhaps we
both need to go back to primary school and relearn the "golden rule"
And any parent being asked if they are abusive toward their children
would take offense, and defend themselves.


Yup, but they also have choices not to, to consider the poster might
have more than one reason for asking, and intended no harm to your
children. Do you think I intended to harm your children? If not (and
its obvious I did not) whats all your ranting about?

Its about knowing, I believe, that you got caught up with on your
constant stream of insults and your accusations. Your deliberate
presumptions that Im lying, and Doan is telling the truth, when in fact
any objective reading of his past posts on this subject from its
beginning, that I supplied you by link would have shown you he only
recently found the abstract.

Have you actually tried to get it and found it if it is actually still
available, as he posted from a screen readout? Ive seen inaccuracies in
those before. AAA, for instance, according to him, told him that they
have always had it available. They told me differently, but he insists
Im lying.

You swallow what he says, and question what I say. Why is that,
beccafromlalaland? Because you are a sucker? Or his style of slimy
innuendo and clever lies appeals more? Or are you easily patronized?

kane Wrote:

Frankly, I think you are a fake. That you likely DO spank your
children
or will. Your need to be in control is excessive. Rather like Doan,
though he's more clever and weasel like.

That is your solution to everything isn't it.


Hyperbole. No, it is not my solution to everything. I have many
solutions to many things, and this one in particular does not follow if
you bothered to look at posts of mine to other nonspankers. My
disagreement with them, and you arent the only one, indicates I do not
blindly accept them just because they are non-spankers. Doan, on the
other hand has accepted and agreed with and defended PEOPLE THAT COME
HERE DEFENDING BEATING OF CHILDREN, not just spanking.

That someone who doesn't
agree with you on every point must be a fake, a puppet.


Nonsense. I dont even agree with LaVonne on every point. I hold a
different view than hers on punishment, I believe, and Ive said so
publically. She hasnt though done anything that would suggest she a
fake or a puppet. YOU have. So have others, that claimed to be
non-spankers, one going so far as to claim I drove them back to
spanking I was so rude.

I fear for the children of someone that shallow and weak...except of
course I know damn well it was a ringer that had no intention of
becoming a non-spanker but was here to harass.

I am a
recovering "spank-a-holic" I try very hard on a daily basis to use
Grace based discipline, and Gentle Parenting. And you're right, I need
to be in control...it sucks, I hate that about myself. I was not
allowed control over anything not even my own body for 17yrs.
Everything was in turmoil constantly so forgive me if I crave control.


I worked with teens in mental health for many years. The first thing I
told them after the three day observation period to determine baseline
behaviors was this: Yes, its not your fault you were beaten, raped,
neglected, abused or whatever but it IS your fault if you impose
your reactions to it on ANYONE BUT THE PERP.

In other words, no excuses. Nor will I accept them. You yelled at my
once in this newsgroup, grow up. And I had perfectly good reason tobe
debating a question of honesty with Doan, so your admonition was totally
uncalled for.

I think my saying to you now, Grow up is right on target.

Im much more invested in you being a non-spanker than winning any
argument with you. So when you pull this power trip bull**** on me
naturally Im concerned and ASK if you do this to your kids.

If I were anything less than honest here you would not be comparing me
to doan...I would get my own category, but because you can not make
heads or tails of me because I don't fit your mold of what a
Non-spanker thinks and feels then I must be a puppet.


Your honesty is what you think I compare you to Doan about? R R R
R...no, b~ , its not your honesty. Its your tendency to NOT be honest
that did that.

The accusations you made that turned out upon examination to be false
(thanks for the apology, by the way, I may have missed it or forgotten
to acknowledge earlier, but reviewed it today) were what inspired my
comparison.

Along with the kinds of attacks on the Embry Experiment report. You
werent simply questioning. You even made up things along the way. And
your refusal to get it, but continue to attack it based on partial
knowledge from my comments were typical of his bs.

He spent a year without it, faking it all the while, picking up bits and
pieces from citations likely, and pretending he had it, even miss
quoting. And if he had it hed have known about this, which he did
not....he was relying on the partial information in an ABSTRACT which of
course is partial by natu

There were charts of all 33 of the participants in the study. I knew
perfectly well the status of them, but he didnt know that the 20
existed. Until I spoke of it recently. IF he had known hed have said.
13 observed, and 20 non-observed.

He constantly walks into these little places I leave for him to go. And
they prove hes a liar.
But you cant, or wont let yourself see it. Youd rather fuss oversome
exchange between us and blow that up to become indignant over.

I have to ask you why youd prefer to be patronized by him, than
challenged by me?

kane Wrote:

Chill, lady.
If I ask a question, it's a question. You can answer it, no matter
what
meaning you project into it. Ask. Find out. Stop assuming.

Find a better context to ask questions.

Thats absurd. That simply reserves to you the right to pick what next
to get indignant about. I might ask you about you husband, or ask if you
used objects to spank, or if you dont like carnations. I have NO WAY of
knowing ahead of time what you already are sensitive about, or just
might pick out of thin are to use to duck a tough challenge of mine.

You want polite? Go to a moderated group. These correspondences are a
feed to and from Usenet and they are NOT in a moderated group here.

kane Wrote:

I think you are a puppet here at Doan's behest, doing as he directs
you.
A three dollar bill.
Show me were you have ever posted before that you were opposed to
spanking.

My other online name is coopnwhitsmommy
http://tinyurl.com/db977
I Googled coopnwhitsmommy+spank* for you.
There is a specific post at
gentlechristianmothers.com entitled How to become a gentle mother that
you may find interesting. It was the one that started me down the path
to Non-spanking.


I take it you are referring to this one: How to become a Gentle Mother
on: June 29, 2005, 09:54:07 PM
I am a Spanker...I HATE IT. I was raised in a spanking household. I
was spanked for every little infraction and I promised I wouldn't do
that to my children...but here I am [[icon reference removed-bang
head]] I think my big problem is I have no tools to deal with
misbehavior. HELP ME

June of last year. Youre new. How you doing with learning alternatives?

Now Im even more surprised at your response to my offerings about the
Embry study. Youve got just 6 months since you started, July last year,
through January of this one. Yet you arent interested in a program that
describes precisely how to teach a child to reduce unwanted behavior?

Or have you learned others in that time?

And Why I don't feel spankers are abusive, that they
are misguided in their parenting...it wasn't long ago I was one of
them. I believe it is in the public domain. If you can access the
board without logging in you can see my post count is well over 600 and
I would gladly let you read any of my other posts if you so wish,just to
prove that I am not a fake.


Well, its easy enough to find. You apparently arent faking about your
desire not to spank. Nevertheless I find your style here, and your
defense of a proven slimy little liar incongruent to that end. Allowing
him to divert you from such important work as Embrys isnt suggestive
of a real interest in learning the methods of non-spanking parenting, in
my mind.

You mistake my sometimes harsh approach....I think of it as demanding
you THINK FOR YOURSELF... for something other than it is. Just a demand.

And yes, I DO know how those that have taken up non-spanking generally
respond. If you search the archives you can find them here. Rare as they
are in this ng.

You have NOT been responding like any non-spankers Ive run into before.
They are usually eager to explore. They dont consider a few minutes
reading to be an imposition in something so vital as learning new ways
of parenting that you ask for in your post to the above cited forum.

I am doing what Doan LIES about doing. Asking you to think for yourself.

And I dont lie about being neutral, as he does. Im honestly and
plainly against spanking and other deliberate attempts to hurt and
humiliate children to teach them.

I disagree, by the way with your definition about abuse and spanking,
and the intent of parents.
I don't feel spankers are abusive, that they are misguided in their
parenting..

That reads, if you go on, as an excuse for yourself. You dont want,
apparently, to think of yourself as having abused your children by
spanking them.

If you hit them to cause them pain, which you did if you were a
spanker, then you abused them. Its not complicated, and it does not
allow for excuses. You did it. Admit. Decide not to do it. And move on.

That is the courageous admission you need to make if you truly do not
want to revert to spanking and humiliation.

Actually DO think for yourself, instead of look for the Doans of the
world to excuse you.

Hes a slimy lying creep that has haunted this ng from early on. Snide,
nasty, lying and conniving, as he was taught to be.

He cant read a sentence that he cant twist and misconstrue. Go ahead,
read his history of posts.

And when you say, its not about you (Doan and Kane) you are verymuch
mistaken. It is most certaily about the debate between the Doans and the
Kanes. The spanking advocates and apologists, and those of us that
disagree with pain and humiliation being moral or useful as a way to
raise responsible citizens.

Wallow in Doan's slime, or answer hard challenges. It's up to you.

--
beccafromlalaland


Kane


  #122  
Old February 16th 06, 04:15 AM posted to alt.parenting.spanking
external usenet poster
 
Posts: n/a
Default If you want to discuss something I feel is relevant

Doan wrote:
Les chiens peuvent aboyer mais la caravane passe. ;-)


Well, I'm sure you wish I'd leave, but no, not going to happen soon.
By the way, I don't know much french, but I recognize various old
sayings and such in many languages.

I'm kind of into things foreign. Take Zodiacs. Don't believe in them but
they do provide a laugh once in awhile.

"Success goes to your head and you become arrogant and mean to those
around you. No-one would hesitate slipping a banana peel under your feet
- a pirouette and you're gone! "

"monkey

Personality

Of all the animals of the Vietnamese zodiac, your are the most
intelligent. Your pranks, finesse and craftiness get you out of the most
delicate situations without a scratch. Particularly at ease in public
and at parties with beautiful people, you are charming, surprising and
entertaining with the faces you make, and your irresistible, funny
stories. You can also laugh at yourself with astonishing lucidity. Your
character is that of a "happy pessimist" and you adapt easily to any
context - and not without a certain amount of cunning. Confronted by a
muscle-bound adversary, you use servility and flattery to lead him by
the nose. Your skillfulness in the art of manipulation has no equal and
you easily play the actor to soothe those around you. Crocodile tears
and shameless lies are part of your daily bread. If you are caught, you
have the good grace to recognize the error of your ways and can make
others forgive you. You jump from branch to branch, from problem to
problem, with an incredible degree of fickleness which borders on
childishness. It is difficult to keep you in one place; at the least
sign of boredom, you swing to another tree. Your fault : You want to be
first at any price...

Work

Ambitious, inventive and gifted, you work on all fronts with incredible
speed. You constantly need new projects to undertake and daring
challenges. You are resourceful in business, skillful in negotiations
and insatiable in all that you do. Your good humor easily motivates the
troops. While success comes to you easily, it quickly becomes difficult
for you to manage. Success goes to your head and you become arrogant and
mean to those around you. No-one would hesitate slipping a banana peel
under your feet - a pirouette and you're gone!

Money

You love money because it is an exterior sign of your value. A Monkey
never works "for nothing" - all the more since you spend your money to
create a comfortable, luxurious life for your family. You love to make
them happy by giving them sumptuous gifts and often buy expensive,
impractical presents on the spur of the moment. You don't hoard money
and claim that you will never be lacking in anything. You are lucid and
lucky.

Love

Passion exalts your imagination so you dislike the routine of everyday
life. You idealize your partner but can't bear that they are only human
with faults and manias like everyone else. But you can't live alone. You
are an eternal adolescent, in love with the stars and with a taste for
seduction. You are gifted in seducing and ravaging hearts with no sense
of guilt. Being funny, imaginative and mischievous are your favorite
arms. To seduce you, a person must tell you that you are the best,
surprise you every day, laugh at your jokes and never yawn with boredom.
"

Me, I was was born under the sign of the Pig. (And that has nothing to
do with western views of a quite noble animal in Asian belief systems).
Quite a nice definition of me actally. And that above is not mine.
Wonder why I gave you the name, Monkeyboy?

Except for a few points, this is just about right for me:

"PIG

Personality

Honest and upright, you advance in life like a tranquil bulldozer. You
hate lies, hypocrites and artifice. If you do something bad you feel
terrible and guilty about it for a long time after the fact. For your
family and friends you are generous and helpful. Sometimes you are even
a little bit too generous because you don't know how to say no: people
don't hesitate taking advantage of your good nature. Underneath your
exterior hides a ferocious determination for your inner codes to be
respected. Nobody can impose their will on you unless you decide to let
them. You make your decisions and take responsibility for your failures
in private. You don't blame others for your mistakes. When there is a
conflict, you take cover until the storm has passed. You may be
criticized by others for preferring to run rather than fight but raised
voices, fights and power games revile you. If your back is against the
wall with no escape possible you become a daunting and violent
adversary. Behind your apparent good nature you hide your
hypersensitivity and soul of a gambler. You love to experience all the
pleasures that life has to offer to a maximum. Your sensuality and your
taste for pleasure make you an expert in love - especially physical
love. Your only risk is falling into lustful ways!

Work

You love to work and want to succeed in your professional life but not
at any price. You refuse to compete, to be opportunistic and to make
deals under the table. You want to be recognized for your talent and
competence, and won't resort to political intrigue. So you are not
always a diplomat and prefer leaving a business meeting by slamming the
door rather than approve an unsound project. You will gladly spend more
time on your personal rather than professional life, unless you are your
own boss. In this case, you won't count the hours and will see your
projects through to the end.

Money

The Pig symbolizes material wealth in Vietnam so you rarely lack money.
Your love of pleasure contributes to turning you into a big spender but
you are above all, very generous. You love to have friends for dinner,
give your friends presents and take your family on sumptuous trips. A
cultivated aesthete, you love to invest in beautiful objects and dream
of having a library as wonderful as the one of ancient Alexandria.
Sometimes you just can't pass up a work of art or rare book. Still,
money doesn't seem to matter to you. Even if you were a billionaire, you
would probably continue to drive a beetle!

Love

You are in love with love in all its forms : tender caresses, romantic
gestures and sensuous meals. Although you are faithful in love, you are
very possessive and jealous. To be happy, you need a curious cocktail of
solitary moments coupled with moments of tenderness and wild passion.
You love it when your partner shows their continuing passion and
infinite love for you in public. To seduce you, your partner must say
yes to everything, especially to the pleasures in life which they will
be able to fully partake of in your company!

"

What's your sign, Drony?

R R R R .... now actually have a conversation in french, why don'tcha.
Should be easy for you.


Doan


Kane


[color=blue]

On Wed, 15 Feb 2006, 0:- wrote:


beccafromlalaland wrote:
I'm snipping away portions of text because the forum I use to post only
allows 10,000 characters in a single post.


The attributions, so we may who is saying what, are badly mangled. I
find the free mail program, Thunderbird, does an excellent job of
controlling attributions display properly. It will handle, if your IP
provides the service, an excellent newsreader as well.

I�ll try to sort through your post as best I can, as to who said what
when. Bear with me and correct where you see I might have erred.

kane Wrote:


beccafromlalaland:
I was being playfully friendly with you when I asked for your
copy...hence the use of the "LOL" I was joking


This below is my response.
Ordinarily "LOL" is not used playfully. Playful usually consists of
smilies. Such as :-)


LOL means Laugh Out Loud which is also an acceptable communication of a
joking or playful attitude. Sometimes one must read between the lines
to catch the meaning. kane Wrote:


No, it is more often used derisively. If one is kidding playfully
useually a winker smilie is the preferred symbol. 0;-

And the problem with written communication, unless people are long time
associates and preferably know each other personally, is that no, one
should not have to read between the lines. Doing so creates the kind of
errors of assumption you made when I asked you if you used the same
tactics with your children, as a question.

Or, if you insist that we must �understand each other� and you
understood me to be asking a question in a accusatory manner, then my
comment about stands. You were using LOL derisively. See how badly it
works to force the other to read between the lines?

If you can't remember and follow a simple dialouge from day to day
that's your problem not mine.


In a two way conversation if one asks the other to clarify such a reply
is extraordinarily rude. I make NO apology for not being able to follow
some specific thought of yours if you do not attribute it when you
remark later about it. If for nothing else then for accuracy it needs to
be seen adjacent to the later commentary about it.

No it becomes your problem if you wish me to follow the thread. Please
don't assume you are the only person I have conversations with. What
is it especially about you that would be so remarkable that I'd

remember
from day to day? I have a wife I provide that attention to.

I don't have a problem remembering who's who and what's what from day
to day week to week, but I do have a very good memory which aids in
that.


Neither do I, beyond the ordinary. I also have a good memory. That does
not mean I remember everything, and especially not fine details that I
might NOT have given the weight to the other did. Propertly attribute
your remarks please. That is NOT and unreasonable request, while yours
that I remember whatever detail out of all your postings contents you
chose to refer to blindly, is more certainly an unreasonable request.

I may be at an unfair advantage given that talent.


It would not do you the least good if I remarked on some past comment of
mine with poor reference to the content of my prior remark. You do NOT
refer to a prior remark clearly enough for me, or anyone, to know what
you are referring to.

I can
remember the plot and characters of nearly every book I've read in
recent years, as well as the lines from plays from highschool. One of
those weird things that comes in handy for me but can annoy others.


Then you are willing to annoy others deliberately? Refusing to
accomodate them in such a simple thing is in fact rude.

kane Wrote:
Having Lengthy bits of conversation
floating through posts irritates me, it is redundant and
unnecessary....at least for me
Then you have a problem with normal Usenet and Web protocols. Snipping
the content of a subject then remarking about it is rude.
I don't use "Usenet" and 90% of my postings are on forums in which one
can easily scroll up to refresh their memory.


You are posting to a Usenet newsgroup (Now delivered by Google...or any
other newsreader you wish..but still Usenet) and I do NOT have your
forums, nor should I be forced to join them to read your prior posts in
the thread. Kindly quote the material you are commenting about.

Your newsreader, whatever it is, badly screws up the attributions, so
that I had to go through and hand correct the various incorrect �� marks.

kane Wrote:

In fact, below was yet another one. YOUR comments were in double ��
when they should have been singles. I have to hand correct them now for
any reader to be able to follow. This is not a personal correspondence.
We are in a public forum and it�s inconsiderate of the other readers and
posters to post incomprehensible material that loses which author is
saying what.

Perhaps you should do some memory
excercises, to aide in your ability to follow along, without a
reference to something either you wrote or you read from an earlier
post.
You are now, since my requests were politely offered, are being
harassing and rude.

Actually, that was a serious bit of friendly advice. Doing Memory
excercises not only improves your short term memory but there is some
evidence that it will improve your recall ability in your waning years.
And accourding to a researcher friend of mine may even help lessen the
severity of memory loss in Dementia patients.


You are being deliberately ageist. My memory in fact is far better than
most people my age. My request is not out of line, and it is
unreasonable for you to ask this of me above to follow YOUR sloppy
posting habits.

kane Wrote:
(again having to snip double attribution marks to singles)
Another bit of advice. and yes I am yelling at you in this next
portion just so we are clear.


Of course. You are rude. I know that. You've demonstrated it before.

You've poked Momma bear one too many times, I'm not rude...I'm
defensive.


Defensive? I have your family here and threaten them? How? My remarks
are to YOU, not your children. In fact I�m the one being DEFENSIVE of
your children.

You are simply defending yourself against what you took as an insult,
and may or may not have been. You cannot know unless you ask.

kane Wrote:
(again you say I am making a statement, but this yelling is YOUR

statement. This time I�ll leave the double attributions so you can see
it and do something about it, hopefully)
NEVER EVER, MENTION MY PARENTING OR THE WAY I CHOOSE TO RAISE MY
CHILDREN IN A DEROGOTORY MANNER AGAIN.



NOW Kane responds:
Sorry. I'll mention it any time I wish.

Now who's being rude?


I am not being rude. This is a newsgroup titled
�alt.parenting.spanking.� There is nothing rude about discussing
children, since they are impossible to remove from such a subject. They
are the object of the �spanking� in the title. This is about parenting.
One parents children.

I do not question your parenting ethics...nor do
I even mention your children in posts. I would never DREAM of doing
something that rude, not even with provocation.


You have been repeatedly rude, almost from the start of this ng. You
have accused me, for instance, of not answering your questions, only to
find that after I had to jostle you famous �memory� that I had indeed
answered them ALL, as asked. Even correctly attributing them in my post.

kane Wrote: NO I DIDN�T. The forum you post to and through does NOT
translate it�s attributions to other formats, such as google, or various
newsreaders. The rest of us are standardized...it�s YOUR forum that is
not. And I should NOT have to join your forum to discuss these issues
with you. This is USENET, not your forum.

This is YOU, incorrectly attributed by YOUR forum service. Get it fixed,
or use a proper newsreader. Plenty of free ones to not make this jumbled
mess.

This is YOU:
THIS IS THE SECOND TIME YOU
HAVE SAID SOMTHING IN A NASTY TONE TO ME ABOUT WHAT YOU PRESSUME
ABOUT
MY FAMILY.
So what? You have seen fit to be rude and nasty to me, have you not?

Yes I have said rude things to you, but NEVER in a million years would
I poke you about the way you raise your children.


You can�t even keep straight whether or not I�ve answered you. You
insult my memory, when your own, that you claim is so special failed you
miserably over the claim I hadn�t replied to your questions. You were
rude then, you are being so NOW.

That hardly equates with any justification to lecture me as you are now
doing. You can�t even apply the newsgroup title properly. Children are
in the subject field of this ng by default.

I WILL ask questions about and discuss children here, yours, mine, or
anyone�s I choose. Your �orders� are refused. Again.

Here�s some of you polite discourse directed at me from prior posts,
after you totally screwed up by NOT properly attributing and thus losing
YOUR own way and falsely accusing me of failure to respond:

�,,,I didn't quote Kane in my prior post because it would have
been more confusing trying to filter through the bs...�

� ... I assume you are intelligiant enough to figure out which portions of
your extensive butt cover....erm clarification of your prior posts I am
responding to...but I've been wrong before. ...�

You WERE wrong. And yet YOU are accusing me, where I was trying to
direct your attention to correcting your error by the use of direct
quotes of my posts, with an insulting comment that I was just trying to
�cover� my butt.

�Until then get off your hobby horse, and
learn to play with the grown ups who actually discuss CURRENT research,
CURRENT parenting challenges, and CURRENT solutions to their parenting
challenges. b~ �

I did not start the insulting in this exchange with you in this thread.
You have pushed the boundary of civility constantly.

You began with me by calling my response that exposed Doan for the
harassing vicious little provacatuer he obviously is, �childish.� You
haven�t let up since.

I don�t pretend to be nice, or demand it of others, you phony.

Before you correct ME, clean your own house. Or we can continue on our
merry way insulting each other � and not going indignant about it, phony.

kane Wrote:

YOU KNOW NOTHING ABOUT MY FAMILY LIFE,


Nonsense. Where�s that famous memory of yours. You wrote that you have
two high needs children.

That's right, and that is why I did NOT presume about your family. I
asked IF you behaved toward your children as you do me. Do you not
understand the interogatory sentence?

What kind of question is that?


An ordinary question.

You are an adult, not a child.


That�s correct.

I treat
adults in the way adults should be treated, and I treat children in age
appropriate fashion.


How would I know that unless I asked you?

Do you and realize that you confirmed my feeling
that your original question was in fact meant as an insult...or are you
going to choose to ignore it?


Ignore what? Your �feeling?� No, why should I.

Given that I had a �feeling� your comment about getting my copy of the
Embry study from me ended in �LOL.�

Get it?

kane Wrote:

A question is a question, not an accusation. I could have been
speaking
rhetorically, but hte only way to tell for sure is to ask me. Not
assume, as you just did.
One can ask a question in an accusatory fashion. That is what you did.
That question asked in the context it was in was inflamatory.


Sure one can. And no, you do not KNOW that it was meant to be
�inflamatory�[sic].
And stop pretending YOU have not been deliberately insulting since first
posting here and continuously ever since. There are just too many examples.

�And you are still arguing about it...one word comes to mine It starts
with a C ends with a Y and has RAZ in the middle. �

kane Wrote:

Ask me if I meant to be nasty about your child rearing methods. Go
ahead.
I don't need to you already answered it.

No I didn�t.


Kane said: I asked IF you behaved toward your children as you do me.
That statment answers that question...YES In my opinion you meant to be
nasty about my child rearing methods.


You cannot logically draw from my question that I meant to be nasty. You
can infer it, but nothing logically proves it. It�s your feeling, not a
fact. That statement, with the �IF� in it does NOT prove that I meant to
be nasty.

kane Wrote:

AND YET YOU FEEL
IT'S ALRIGHT TO FORM ASUMPTIONS ABOUT ME, AND HOW I TREAT MY
CHILDREN.
A question is not an assumption.
the context in which you chose to ask that question, turned it from a
question to an assumption. if you had not assumed that I treat my
children poorly you would not have asked that question.

No such logical inference can be made. I could have asked you that
question for a number of reasons, none of which was �nasty.�

You made a rude accusatory comment toward me. You have a record of doing
so throughout this thread and this ng when you posted to it in response
to me, and on an occasion toward me when responding to Doan. I want to
know if you treat your children the same way.

Is my question provoking the very response that I suspected it might,
but hoped it wouldn�t?

kane Wrote:

What I said was, and thank you for this time not snipping my actually
comments from the flow:
" Do you treat your children the same way? Or were you just being
playfully friendly with me?"
Do you see the question mark? Twice? How could you miss it and presume
I am making an assumption. It's YOU that made the assumption and
accused me.
Of course I saw the question marks. Again the context in which you
asked the question lead me to the assumption that you were presuming
that I treat my children poorly.


Nope. That was YOUR reaction. I was concerned you MIGHT BE. And even IF
I made such an assumption rather than ACCUSE you, I asked for
clarification from you.

kane Wrote:

How do you know that I feel alright to make assumptions about you,
without asking me?
How do you feel about asking questions that force someone to assume
that you assumed something?


No one forces you to assume anything. YOU assume it. You did not even
come back with a question to find out IF I meant to be nasty. You simply
accused me of it.

And further more what gave you the idea
that it was OK to ask a question that inflammatory?


What is NOT �OK� about asking that question?

Unless invited one
should never speak of anothers children...and from what I can recall I
never gave you any inkling of permission to make comment or question
after my children.


You joined a newsgroup called, �alt.parenting.spanking.� We aren�t
discussing fetish spanking here. We are discussing parents, spanking,
and by obvious inference, the children that would or would not be spanked.

It would be like me asking after your sex life.


No it wouldn�t.

One's family life is intensly personal, and unless asked to make
comment or question or given express permission to do so it's best to
leave well enough alone.


No it is not �intensely personal.� I do not preform sexually in public,
but I do and have parented in public. I don�t discuss my sex life
publically, but I do my parenting.

As for �unless asked; Not if you join a newsgroup that is expressly
about the subject of children. This one is. That means you have given
permission to discuss family life in the context of child rearing.

kane Wrote:

I asked YOU a question. YOU made a bald faced accusation.
See the difference?
You asked a question that forced me to become defensive. kane Wrote:


�Forced� you? You are FORCED to answer my question? To become
�defensive?� You have no other choice, or choices? How about you simply
ask me my meaning, first? Then you don�t have to become defensive until
you are sure I am trying to be �nasty.�


IT IS A VERY RUDE THING TO DO.
To ask a question about whether or not you are rude to your children
as
you appear to be behaving toward me?
To assume that I would treat my children as I treat an adult, yes.

Full circle, and I will remind you of that with the same response as
befo A question is not an assumption or an accusation. It�s a
question. Because it is YOU get to answer it as you see fit.

You chose to come back and accuse me of being nasty. Which of us is
being presumptuous?

To
bring my children and my family life into a conflict between you and I?
YES.


beccafromlalaland, the name of this newsgroup is
�alt.parenting.spanking.� It�s google (Usenet) description is
�Discussion about punishment methods for children.�

You wish to only discuss this issue by proxie, and other people and
their children?

kane Wrote:

IT IS AN INSULT, BUT OF COURSE YOU
ALREADY KNOW THAT BECAUSE YOU INTEND YOUR "QUESTION" AS AN INSULT.


Yelling makes it true, does it? How about you ASK me if I meant to be
nasty and insulting?

How can you be sure of that unless you ask? Are you not making an
assumption about my meaning? With out any real cause to do so?
I have answered this already. The context that you asked that question
was such that it forced me to assume you were being insulting.


The context is this newsgroup, which subject is �children� �parenting�
and �Discussion about punishment methods for children.� It is NOT
automatically an insult to ask, if someone has been posting a long
string of insults if they treat their children the same way, but I
certainly can see, given your long string of insults why you might take
it as one.

kane Wrote:

I'll ask it again, in fact, no accusation intended but simply a
question related to how rude and attacking and accusatory you are
being
toward me. Are you doing the same with your children?

This has been sufficiently addressed. NO, I am not rude attacking or
accusatory with my children.


I am relieved to hear that. I had both intent to be nasty and insult
you, and some concern that you might carry this attitude into parenting
situations.

See how easy that was when you stop presuming and answered the question?
You then didn�t even have to ask me, I told you freely, as I would, had
you ASKED.

Yes, and you deserved my implication, beccafromlalaland. And you�ll get
more if you keep up the stupid insults. Trust me.

kane Wrote:

And, beccafromlalaland, your response is clearly indicative that you
DO
know you are being rude and abusive in your language toward me.
Or you wouldn't take offense at my specific question asking if you are
being so abusive toward your children.
I was/am bieng rude to you...as you have been rude to me.


But I must stop, while you continue? Interesting take on debate.

Perhaps we
both need to go back to primary school and relearn the "golden rule"
And any parent being asked if they are abusive toward their children
would take offense, and defend themselves.


Yup, but they also have choices not to, to consider the poster might
have more than one reason for asking, and intended no harm to your
children. Do you think I intended to harm your children? If not (and
it�s obvious I did not) what�s all your ranting about?

It�s about knowing, I believe, that you got caught up with on your
constant stream of insults and your accusations. Your deliberate
presumptions that I�m lying, and Doan is telling the truth, when in fact
any objective reading of his past posts on this subject from it�s
beginning, that I supplied you by link would have shown you he only
recently found the abstract.

Have you actually tried to get it and found it if it is actually still
available, as he posted from a screen readout? I�ve seen inaccuracies in
those before. AAA, for instance, according to him, told him that they
have always had it available. They told me differently, but he insists
I�m lying.

You swallow what he says, and question what I say. Why is that,
beccafromlalaland? Because you are a sucker? Or his style of slimy
innuendo and clever lies appeals more? Or are you easily patronized?

kane Wrote:

Frankly, I think you are a fake. That you likely DO spank your
children
or will. Your need to be in control is excessive. Rather like Doan,
though he's more clever and weasel like.
That is your solution to everything isn't it.


Hyperbole. No, it is not my �solution to everything.� I have many
solutions to many things, and this one in particular does not follow if
you bothered to look at posts of mine to other �nonspankers.� My
disagreement with them, and you aren�t the only one, indicates I do not
blindly accept them just because they are �non-spankers.� Doan, on the
other hand has accepted and agreed with and defended PEOPLE THAT COME
HERE DEFENDING BEATING OF CHILDREN, not just spanking.

That someone who doesn't
agree with you on every point must be a fake, a puppet.


Nonsense. I don�t even agree with LaVonne on �every point.� I hold a
different view than her�s on �punishment,� I believe, and I�ve said so
publically. She hasn�t though done anything that would suggest she a
fake or a puppet. YOU have. So have others, that claimed to be
non-spankers, one going so far as to claim I �drove� them back to
spanking I was so rude.

I fear for the children of someone that shallow and weak...except of
course I know damn well it was a ringer that had no intention of
becoming a �non-spanker� but was here to harass.

I am a
recovering "spank-a-holic" I try very hard on a daily basis to use
Grace based discipline, and Gentle Parenting. And you're right, I need
to be in control...it sucks, I hate that about myself. I was not
allowed control over anything not even my own body for 17yrs.
Everything was in turmoil constantly so forgive me if I crave control.


I worked with teens in mental health for many years. The first thing I
told them after the three day observation period to determine baseline
behaviors was this: �Yes, it�s not your fault you were beaten, raped,
neglected, abused � or whatever � but it IS your fault if you impose
your reactions to it on ANYONE BUT THE PERP.�

In other words, no excuses. Nor will I accept them. You yelled at my
once in this newsgroup, �grow up.� And I had perfectly good reason to be
debating a question of honesty with Doan, so your admonition was totally
uncalled for.

I think my saying to you now, �Grow up� is right on target.

I�m much more invested in you being a non-spanker than winning any
argument with you. So when you pull this power trip bull**** on me
naturally I�m concerned and ASK if you do this to your kids.

If I were anything less than honest here you would not be comparing me
to doan...I would get my own category, but because you can not make
heads or tails of me because I don't fit your mold of what a
Non-spanker thinks and feels then I must be a puppet.


Your honesty is what you think I compare you to Doan about? R R R
R...no, b~ , it�s not your honesty. It�s your tendency to NOT be honest
that did that.

The accusations you made that turned out upon examination to be false
(thanks for the apology, by the way, I may have missed it or forgotten
to acknowledge earlier, but reviewed it today) were what inspired my
comparison.

Along with the kinds of attacks on the Embry Experiment report. You
weren�t simply questioning. You even made up things along the way. And
your refusal to get it, but continue to attack it based on partial
knowledge from my comments were typical of his bs.

He spent a year without it, faking it all the while, picking up bits and
pieces from citations likely, and pretending he had it, even miss
quoting. And if he had it he�d have known about this, which he did
not....he was relying on the partial information in an ABSTRACT which of
course is partial by natu

There were charts of all 33 of the participants in the study. I knew
perfectly well the status of them, but he didn�t know that the 20
existed. Until I spoke of it recently. IF he had known he�d have said.
13 observed, and 20 non-observed.

He constantly walks into these little places I leave for him to go. And
they prove he�s a liar.
But you can�t, or won�t let yourself see it. You�d rather fuss over some
exchange between us and blow that up to become indignant over.

I have to ask you why you�d prefer to be patronized by him, than
challenged by me?

kane Wrote:

Chill, lady.
If I ask a question, it's a question. You can answer it, no matter
what
meaning you project into it. Ask. Find out. Stop assuming.
Find a better context to ask questions.

That�s absurd. That simply reserves to you the right to pick what next
to get indignant about. I might ask you about you husband, or ask if you
used objects to spank, or if you don�t like carnations. I have NO WAY of
knowing ahead of time what you already are sensitive about, or just
might pick out of thin are to use to duck a tough challenge of mine.

You want polite? Go to a moderated group. These correspondences are a
feed to and from Usenet and they are NOT in a moderated group here.

kane Wrote:

I think you are a puppet here at Doan's behest, doing as he directs
you.
A three dollar bill.
Show me were you have ever posted before that you were opposed to
spanking.
My other online name is coopnwhitsmommy
http://tinyurl.com/db977
I Googled coopnwhitsmommy+spank* for you.
There is a specific post at
gentlechristianmothers.com entitled How to become a gentle mother that
you may find interesting. It was the one that started me down the path
to Non-spanking.


I take it you are referring to this one: � How to become a Gentle Mother
� on: June 29, 2005, 09:54:07 PM �
I am a Spanker...I HATE IT. I was raised in a spanking household. I
was spanked for every little infraction and I promised I wouldn't do
that to my children...but here I am [[icon reference removed-�bang
head�]] I think my big problem is I have no tools to deal with
misbehavior. HELP ME �

June of last year. You�re new. How you doing with learning alternatives?

Now I�m even more surprised at your response to my offerings about the
Embry study. You�ve got just 6 months since you started, July last year,
through January of this one. Yet you aren�t interested in a program that
describes precisely how to teach a child to reduce unwanted behavior?

Or have you learned others in that time?

And Why I don't feel spankers are abusive, that they
are misguided in their parenting...it wasn't long ago I was one of
them. I believe it is in the public domain. If you can access the
board without logging in you can see my post count is well over 600 and
I would gladly let you read any of my other posts if you so wish,just to
prove that I am not a fake.


Well, it�s easy enough to find. You apparently aren�t faking about your
desire not to spank. Nevertheless I find your style here, and your
defense of a proven slimy little liar incongruent to that end. Allowing
him to divert you from such important work as Embry�s isn�t suggestive
of a real interest in learning the methods of non-spanking parenting, in
my mind.

You mistake my sometimes harsh approach....I think of it as demanding
you THINK FOR YOURSELF... for something other than it is. Just a demand.

And yes, I DO know how those that have taken up non-spanking generally
respond. If you search the archives you can find them here. Rare as they
are in this ng.

You have NOT been responding like any non-spankers I�ve run into before.
They are usually eager to explore. They don�t consider a few minutes
reading to be an imposition in something so vital as learning new ways
of parenting that you ask for in your post to the above cited forum.

I am doing what Doan LIES about doing. Asking you to think for yourself.

And I don�t lie about being �neutral,� as he does. I�m honestly and
plainly against spanking and other deliberate attempts to hurt and
humiliate children to teach them.

I disagree, by the way with your definition about abuse and spanking,
and the intent of parents.
�I don't feel spankers are abusive, that they are misguided in their
parenting..�

That reads, if you go on, as an excuse for yourself. You don�t want,
apparently, to think of yourself as having abused your children by
spanking them.

If you hit them to cause them pain, which you did if you were a
�spanker,� then you abused them. It�s not complicated, and it does not
allow for excuses. You did it. Admit. Decide not to do it. And move on.

That is the courageous admission you need to make if you truly do not
want to revert to spanking and humiliation.

Actually DO think for yourself, instead of look for the Doan�s of the
world to �excuse you.�

He�s a slimy lying creep that has haunted this ng from early on. Snide,
nasty, lying and conniving, as he was taught to be.

He can�t read a sentence that he can�t twist and misconstrue. Go ahead,
read his history of posts.

And when you say, �it�s not about you� (Doan and Kane) you are very much
mistaken. It is most certaily about the debate between the Doans and the
Kanes. The spanking advocates and apologists, and those of us that
disagree with pain and humiliation being moral or useful as a way to
raise responsible citizens.

Wallow in Doan's slime, or answer hard challenges. It's up to you.

--
beccafromlalaland


Kane





--
Isn't it interesting that the more honest an author appears to be,
the more like ourselves we think him. And the less so, how very
alien he doth appear? Kane 2006
  #123  
Old February 16th 06, 05:44 AM
beccafromlalaland beccafromlalaland is offline
Senior Member
 
First recorded activity by ParentingBanter: Dec 2005
Posts: 108
Default

a partial reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0:-

I disagree, by the way with your definition about abuse and spanking,
and the intent of parents.
I don't feel spankers are abusive, that they are misguided in their
parenting..

That reads, if you go on, as an excuse for yourself. You dont want,
apparently, to think of yourself as having abused your children by
spanking them.

If you hit them to cause them pain, which you did if you were a
spanker, then you abused them. Its not complicated, and it does not
allow for excuses. You did it. Admit. Decide not to do it. And move on.
You are absolutly correct. I don't want to think that I abused my son, I did the only thing I knew how to do at the time....that was to spank.

Maya Angelou Said, "You did then what you knew how to do and when you knew better... you did better!"

There is no sense in beating myself up over what I did, calling myself an abuser would only bring me more pain and guilt than I already feel. Instead I choose to Know better, and Do better. The Ladies at GCM have been immensly helpful to me in stopping the hitting, they are my lifeline right now. There are days when I can barely cope with the stress of it all, perhaps that is why I lash out here, I'm feeling stressed angry vulnerable, and You are an easy target because I know you will return comment with as much venom as I sent it, therefore giving me excuse to be rude and mean again. Not the healthiest way to deal with my emotions...but effective until you come back with something like what you said above and hit the nail on the head, reducing me to a pile of snot and tears...thanks ;-\
__________________
Becca

Momma to two boys

Big Guy 3/02
and

Wuvy-Buv 8/05
  #124  
Old February 16th 06, 05:29 PM posted to alt.parenting.spanking
external usenet poster
 
Posts: n/a
Default If you want to discuss something I feel is relevant

beccafromlalaland wrote:
a partial reply

0:- Wrote:



I disagree, by the way with your definition about abuse and spanking,
and the intent of parents.
I don't feel spankers are abusive, that they are misguided in their
parenting..

That reads, if you go on, as an excuse for yourself. You dont want,
apparently, to think of yourself as having abused your children by
spanking them.

If you hit them to cause them pain, which you did if you were a
spanker, then you abused them. Its not complicated, and it does not
allow for excuses. You did it. Admit. Decide not to do it. And move
on.




You are absolutly correct. I don't want to think that I abused my son,
I did the only thing I knew how to do at the time....that was to spank.


Yep. But you are now facing what you know is the truth. That's hard, and
courageous. Nothing like Doan's decade long hiding from it.

Maya Angelou Said, "You did then what you knew how to do and when you
knew better... you did better!"


There isn't a word in it that suggests you have to make excuses for
yourself. Ms Angelou gave a day-long seminar at my college many years
back. Or I should say, we gave a daylong seminar for her. Most
interesting women.

You know of course how abused she was, and the tragedy that struck her
dumb for part of her childhood, right?

We talked with her in seminar about it before she wrote about it as I
recall.

There is no sense in beating myself up over what I did, calling myself
an abuser would only bring me more pain and guilt than I already feel.


Really? Why not do it, have the pain, and be done with it, instead of
try to dodge it? You abused. It's not the end of the world. Everyone has
mistakes they make in life. What comes next is equally or sometimes more
important.

You appear to not be indulging youself in doing to your children what
was done to you. What more can you ask of yourself than that? Don't you
understand the importance of that simple fact?

You have gone someplace your abusers could not go. And not even our
little friend Doan here can go. Or at least so far.

Instead I choose to Know better, and Do better.


Seems like that to me. Of course this is a very limited medium so I have
to guess a lot from just your few words, in comparison to the life you
experience outside this place.

The Ladies at GCM have
been immensly helpful to me in stopping the hitting, they are my
lifeline right now. There are days when I can barely cope with the
stress of it all, perhaps that is why I lash out here, I'm feeling
stressed angry vulnerable, and You are an easy target because I know
you will return comment with as much venom as I sent it, therefore
giving me excuse to be rude and mean again.


Happy to be of service. And I'm not being facitious. I mean it.

Not the healthiest way to
deal with my emotions...


Who says? Might it not be exactly where you want to be at this moment?
You are moving forward. Doan is where he was a decade ago. Still hiding.

but effective until you come back with
something like what you said above and hit the nail on the head,
reducing me to a pile of snot and tears...thanks ;-\


You have to be kidding me. You expected to come here to be comforted?

You were abused. It was not and is not your fault you were. What you do
now is yours and yours alone, to do about that abuse. You can perpetuate
it on others, or you can end it with you.

So, if this is not the "healthiest way to deal with" your "emotions"
then why do it? I have to ask you: what are you doing here?

"Hitting the nail on the head," as you say, may be what you are looking
for. Possibly you are here seeking something a support group usually
cannot give. They usually offer "shelter," but rarely the hard and
uncompromising truth that seems to be part of healing and overcoming a
problem. They have their place in your schema.

And why would you feel guilt and pain if you are doing what you best
know how to do?

One of the most powerful and effective means of moving through a
challenge in one's life is not to hide from any unpleasantness connected
to it. Abusers aren't evil horrible weak people, unless they refuse to
face up to it and work to change. You appear to be doing the "work."

Using me as our scapegoat for YOUR guilty feelings is non-productive. It
keeps you from facing what you did, and moving on. And I have no trouble
with you being rude and mean to me. As you've said in an earlier post,
I'm an adult.

I disagree with your assessment about this not being "the healthiest way
to deal with" your "emotions," though.

Why not consider this part of the process. Right along with your support
group? If you aren't ready for this yet, then so be it. But ... and I
say this with regard for your feelings ...

Stop whining. You know you were abusive. It's not new or unusual and it
IS a product of your own life experience. That's the toughest part for
folks sometimes. If you admit you have been abusive, then you have to
face that you were abused. Doan can't do it. He's weak.

I sometimes think it's far more insidious for those that were less
abused. YOU can see you were, and know sooner that it was real and you
didn't deserve it. He, and those like him that were "spanked with love,"
are trapped. And he has the added handicap of being so intelligent. None
can better construct excuses and rationales so well as the more
intelligent.

You've already moved decades past him in getting a handle on this
problem. He probably looks strong to you, but in fact he's in denial and
practicing it by being here all these many years, running the same self
deluding numbers, over and over again. It's darned hard word to maintain
such a high and thick facade. I pity him.

He doesn't question himself like you are doing. He doesn't allow himself
to face the pain. This is his "support group" for his maintainence of
his self delusion that he's alright and his parents were alright.
Neither is true. By battling me and others he props up his beliefs that
protect him from ever facing that childhood pain. He denies there was any.

YOU are alright. Because you are fighting. He's given up. And was made a
coward by his parents. Bright, intelligent, and using it all to maintain
his protective facade.

You may have to leave, as a step in your work, but you'll be back here,
or somewhere similar, as you take further steps to grow where he cannot.
He can't heal, because he'd have to admit to the abuse he suffered at
his parent's hands.

YOU can, because of a sad, but important advantage.

My guess from a few things you've said is that you were seriously
abused. One thing victims of more extreme abuse have that those with the
more subtle and less accessible and identifiable abuses of "safe
spanking," is that YOU have little to NO doubts about what happened to you.

In a way I feel far more sadness and pity, if that's the right word, for
him than for you. You have the advantage. And apparently more strength.
He was tricked into believing his abuse was "right." You know better.

You are using your capacities and strengths to face it. He's using his
to avoid it and seal himself off from it. "It" being the betrayal of the
pain causing parent.

If that were not so what would he be doing here for all these years? And
still no change?

Becca, I can't predict which way you'll go as far as this ng is
concerned, but obviously you are moving in the direction best for you
and your children. Feel free to contact me privately any time you like.

Don't let yourself be taken in by those you are leaving behind. For all
his slick smarminess and patronizing stroking of you my guess is your
instincts won't let you down. Not if you suffered abuse as a child.

Such folks have a built in **** detector that kicks in....just like
yours did when you 'got mad' at me for hitting the nail on the head. You
just identified what you were looking for, I believe and can smell the
stink of the patronizers.

You know perfectly well that's what you were looking for. Someone not
committed to providing "safety" like a support group. Looks like you
found what you wanted. And your kids are that much safer for your
courage in coming to this much tougher place to be.

Best wishes.

Kane
--
Isn't it interesting that the more honest an author appears to be,
the more like ourselves we think him. And the less so, how very
alien he doth appear? Kane 2006
  #125  
Old February 16th 06, 07:30 PM posted to alt.parenting.spanking
external usenet poster
 
Posts: n/a
Default If you want to discuss something I feel is relevant


On Thu, 16 Feb 2006, 0:- wrote:

beccafromlalaland wrote:
a partial reply

0:- Wrote:



I disagree, by the way with your definition about abuse and spanking,
and the intent of parents.
I don't feel spankers are abusive, that they are misguided in their
parenting..

That reads, if you go on, as an excuse for yourself. You dont want,
apparently, to think of yourself as having abused your children by
spanking them.

If you hit them to cause them pain, which you did if you were a
spanker, then you abused them. Its not complicated, and it does not
allow for excuses. You did it. Admit. Decide not to do it. And move
on.




You are absolutly correct. I don't want to think that I abused my son,
I did the only thing I knew how to do at the time....that was to spank.


Yep. But you are now facing what you know is the truth. That's hard, and
courageous. Nothing like Doan's decade long hiding from it.

So you admit that you ABUSED your kid when hit him/her, Kane? Or are you
hiding from it! What a hypocrit! ;-)

Doan


  #126  
Old February 16th 06, 08:20 PM posted to alt.parenting.spanking
external usenet poster
 
Posts: n/a
Default If you want to discuss something I feel is relevant

Doan wrote:
On Thu, 16 Feb 2006, 0:- wrote:


beccafromlalaland wrote:

a partial reply

0:- Wrote:



I disagree, by the way with your definition about abuse and spanking,
and the intent of parents.
�I don't feel spankers are abusive, that they are misguided in their
parenting..�

That reads, if you go on, as an excuse for yourself. You don�t want,
apparently, to think of yourself as having abused your children by
spanking them.

If you hit them to cause them pain, which you did if you were a
�spanker,� then you abused them. It�s not complicated, and it does not
allow for excuses. You did it. Admit. Decide not to do it. And move
on.




You are absolutly correct. I don't want to think that I abused my son,
I did the only thing I knew how to do at the time....that was to spank.


Yep. But you are now facing what you know is the truth. That's hard, and
courageous. Nothing like Doan's decade long hiding from it.


So you admit that you ABUSED your kid when hit him/her, Kane? Or are you
hiding from it! What a hypocrit! ;-)


Tell you what, drony, why don't you POST the content, fully, of my
comments on that. Then and only then will people start to figure out you
been taking Anti-Truth Meds for years.

0:-


Doan




--
Isn't it interesting that the more honest an author appears to be,
the more like ourselves we think him. And the less so, how very
alien he doth appear? Kane 2006
  #127  
Old February 16th 06, 08:40 PM posted to alt.parenting.spanking
external usenet poster
 
Posts: n/a
Default If you want to discuss something I feel is relevant

On Thu, 16 Feb 2006, 0:- wrote:

Doan wrote:
On Thu, 16 Feb 2006, 0:- wrote:


beccafromlalaland wrote:

a partial reply

0:- Wrote:



I disagree, by the way with your definition about abuse and spanking,
and the intent of parents.
�I don't feel spankers are abusive, that they are misguided in their
parenting..�

That reads, if you go on, as an excuse for yourself. You don�t want,
apparently, to think of yourself as having abused your children by
spanking them.

If you hit them to cause them pain, which you did if you were a
�spanker,� then you abused them. It�s not complicated, and it does not
allow for excuses. You did it. Admit. Decide not to do it. And move
on.




You are absolutly correct. I don't want to think that I abused my son,
I did the only thing I knew how to do at the time....that was to spank.

Yep. But you are now facing what you know is the truth. That's hard, and
courageous. Nothing like Doan's decade long hiding from it.


So you admit that you ABUSED your kid when hit him/her, Kane? Or are you
hiding from it! What a hypocrit! ;-)


Tell you what, drony, why don't you POST the content, fully, of my
comments on that. Then and only then will people start to figure out you
been taking Anti-Truth Meds for years.

Now you really don't want me to do that, ignoranus kane0! Otherwise, you
will have to start saying it's a "mistake" not a lie again. ;-)

Doan

  #128  
Old February 16th 06, 10:49 PM posted to alt.parenting.spanking
external usenet poster
 
Posts: n/a
Default If you want to discuss something I feel is relevant


Doan wrote:
On Thu, 16 Feb 2006, 0:- wrote:

Doan wrote:
On Thu, 16 Feb 2006, 0:- wrote:


beccafromlalaland wrote:

a partial reply

0:- Wrote:



I disagree, by the way with your definition about abuse and spanking,
and the intent of parents.
?I don't feel spankers are abusive, that they are misguided in their
parenting..?

That reads, if you go on, as an excuse for yourself. You don?t want,
apparently, to think of yourself as having abused your children by
spanking them.

If you hit them to cause them pain, which you did if you were a
?spanker,? then you abused them. It?s not complicated, and it does not
allow for excuses. You did it. Admit. Decide not to do it. And move
on.




You are absolutly correct. I don't want to think that I abused my son,
I did the only thing I knew how to do at the time....that was to spank.

Yep. But you are now facing what you know is the truth. That's hard, and
courageous. Nothing like Doan's decade long hiding from it.


So you admit that you ABUSED your kid when hit him/her, Kane? Or are you
hiding from it! What a hypocrit! ;-)


Tell you what, drony, why don't you POST the content, fully, of my
comments on that. Then and only then will people start to figure out you
been taking Anti-Truth Meds for years.

Now you really don't want me to do that, ignoranus kane0! Otherwise, you
will have to start saying it's a "mistake" not a lie again. ;-)


What's a "mistake?"

Doan


Kane

  #129  
Old February 16th 06, 10:52 PM posted to alt.parenting.spanking
external usenet poster
 
Posts: n/a
Default If you want to discuss something I feel is relevant

On 16 Feb 2006, 0:- wrote:


Doan wrote:
On Thu, 16 Feb 2006, 0:- wrote:

Doan wrote:
On Thu, 16 Feb 2006, 0:- wrote:


beccafromlalaland wrote:

a partial reply

0:- Wrote:



I disagree, by the way with your definition about abuse and spanking,
and the intent of parents.
?I don't feel spankers are abusive, that they are misguided in their
parenting..?

That reads, if you go on, as an excuse for yourself. You don?t want,
apparently, to think of yourself as having abused your children by
spanking them.

If you hit them to cause them pain, which you did if you were a
?spanker,? then you abused them. It?s not complicated, and it does not
allow for excuses. You did it. Admit. Decide not to do it. And move
on.




You are absolutly correct. I don't want to think that I abused my son,
I did the only thing I knew how to do at the time....that was to spank.

Yep. But you are now facing what you know is the truth. That's hard, and
courageous. Nothing like Doan's decade long hiding from it.


So you admit that you ABUSED your kid when hit him/her, Kane? Or are you
hiding from it! What a hypocrit! ;-)

Tell you what, drony, why don't you POST the content, fully, of my
comments on that. Then and only then will people start to figure out you
been taking Anti-Truth Meds for years.

Now you really don't want me to do that, ignoranus kane0! Otherwise, you
will have to start saying it's a "mistake" not a lie again. ;-)


What's a "mistake?"

If you have to ask, you CAN't afford it! ;-)

Doan


 




Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
misc.kids FAQ on Breastfeeding Past the First Year [email protected] Info and FAQ's 0 October 29th 04 05:23 AM
The regret mothers now feel ("Why are these parents not shocked over the pain?"): Pointed Elbow Pregnancy 1 October 9th 04 02:06 PM
misc.kids FAQ on Breastfeeding Past the First Year [email protected] Info and FAQ's 0 September 29th 04 05:17 AM
Parent Stress Index another idiotic indicator list Greg Hanson General 11 March 22nd 04 01:40 AM
| | Kids should work... Kane General 13 December 10th 03 03:30 AM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 12:37 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2018 ParentingBanter.com.
The comments are property of their posters.