When should I expect my period?

Old June 24th 07, 12:25 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
ashley21

Default When should I expect my period?

Hey guys.

I was royally stupid this month. I waited until two weeks after my
period to begin my birth control, which means there's a good chance I
could be pregnant this month.

What would be an appropriate time to test for pregnancy? I've
technically already missed my period (minus a little spotting the
other day), but my test was negative. I'm guessing though that by
starting my Nuvaring two weeks late, that it's going to make my period
two weeks late as well??

Thanks for help.

Old June 25th 07, 06:11 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
V.[_2_]

Hi,
it really depends on how many days ago you started your BC pills.
Normally the discharge (that replaces the normal period while on the pill)
will come on the 4th week of the pills intake.
Some brands of BCP have 3 weeks of pills and 1 of "rest", others have 3
weeks of "real" pills and one of placebo (that are usually of a different
colour, but are meant to create the habit, so you always remember to take
them at the same time of the day). During this "rest" or placebo week is
when the discharge comes.
So, you can expect the bleeding when you interrupt the active pills of the
box, and that is normally after 21 days of taking them. (Note: if you
interrupt the intake for any reason before the 21 days, you should bleed
anyway, but that's not recommended unless you have a good reason to quit.
Don't do it to "see" if it comes, it's not diagnostic of pregnancy.)

The pregnancy test can be taken anytime after 7 days of the unprotected
sexual intercourse. It's better to use the first urine in the morning,
because the concentration of hormones will be bigger, and thus the
sensibility of the test. A possitive test at this time means you are
pregnant, but a negative one doesn't necessarily rule out a pregnancy. In
this case, you better repeat it the day that your period should appear, or
after.

But considering that your period's-or properly said, bleeding- date is a
bit "confusing" because the anomalies on the pill intake, I would advise you
to repeat the test at least 14 days after the unprotected intercourse.
If it's negative but you still have doubts, or if you don't bleed after you
finish the active pills, then I'd advise you to get a checkup and a blood
pregnancy test at your health care center.

I hope it's been helpful, and I'm not confusing you more!! ;-)

What to Expect ... Carmen Pregnancy 11 July 11th 06 06:34 PM
what should a parent expect apple General 7 November 28th 05 08:17 PM
what you don't expect a c-section mum to say Anne Rogers Pregnancy 4 September 12th 05 03:59 AM
What to Expect When You're Expecting [email protected] Pregnancy 12 February 23rd 05 02:57 AM
what to expect from a 3 year old Stephanie Stowe General 4 March 11th 04 02:01 AM