Keeping military recruiters away from your children in high school

Old October 16th 06, 03:04 PM posted to misc.kids
stonej

Default Keeping military recruiters away from your children in high school

I found out that you have to renew the "do not contact" form every year
and they will still
send your kid junk mail anyway.

Old October 16th 06, 11:18 PM posted to misc.kids
Jeff

"stonej" wrote in message
ps.com...
I found out that you have to renew the "do not contact" form every year
and they will still
send your kid junk mail anyway.

The military offer some excellent programs that give some kids the structure
that they need. And some excellent oppurtunities. However, it is your
choice, not theirs, that your kid is contacted with them.

I would contact your kid's school and ask why they are giving them your info
after you asked that it not be given out. It may be that they gave out the
info before you gave the school the form and the military has your info from
that.

I would right "REFUSED" on the mail and have it returned to the military
recruiters. Why should you have to dispose of their garbage?

Jeff

Old October 17th 06, 01:09 AM posted to misc.kids
Catherine Woodgold

"Jeff" ) writes:
The military offer some excellent programs that give some kids the structure
that they need. And some excellent oppurtunities. However, it is your
choice, not theirs, that your kid is contacted with them.

It isn't excellent for the people who are (or may be in future)
killed by that same military, or their families
(whichever country you're in).
Old October 17th 06, 01:44 AM posted to misc.kids
Jeff

"Catherine Woodgold" wrote in message
"Jeff" ) writes:
The military offer some excellent programs that give some kids the
structure
that they need. And some excellent oppurtunities. However, it is your
choice, not theirs, that your kid is contacted with them.

It isn't excellent for the people who are (or may be in future)
killed by that same military, or their families
(whichever country you're in).

For a lot of poor people, the military offers a chance to get out of the
ghetto. In addition, the military offers some a chance to go to college who
normally wouldn't get to go to college. And the military can offer some
people structure.

For a lot of people, the military is a good career choice. I some family
members who had an excellent experience in the military. But, certainly, the
military isn't the right choice for everyone.

Jeff

Old October 17th 06, 01:48 AM posted to misc.kids
deja.blues

"stonej" wrote in message
ps.com...
I found out that you have to renew the "do not contact" form every year
and they will still
send your kid junk mail anyway.

I was perturbed at first when we started getting mail from the various
branches of the military, but it doesn't bother me now. If you don't
respond, they leave you alone, and the service *is* a viable choice for many
young people.

Old October 17th 06, 02:38 AM posted to misc.kids
Catherine Woodgold

"Jeff" ) writes:
For a lot of people, the military is a good career choice. I some family
members who had an excellent experience in the military. But, certainly, the
military isn't the right choice for everyone.

For each and every person who goes into the
military, their act of going
into the military is not "good" from the point of view
of some people, for example those being killed or to
be killed in the future by that same military.
(whichever country you're in.)
Old October 17th 06, 03:36 AM posted to misc.kids
deja.blues

"Jeff" ) writes:
For a lot of people, the military is a good career choice. I some family
members who had an excellent experience in the military. But, certainly,

the
military isn't the right choice for everyone.

For each and every person who goes into the
military, their act of going
into the military is not "good" from the point of view
of some people, for example those being killed or to
be killed in the future by that same military.
(whichever country you're in.)

For each person going into military service for their country, there are
many more that did not choose to serve, or shirked duty when they were
drafted. Those people's rights and freedom are protected by those that chose
to serve, and who risked death, whether you might care about it or not.
You and I can sleep safe tonight, in large part because of those people that
chose to serve, and even die, for their countries.

Old October 17th 06, 07:56 AM posted to misc.kids
-L.

Jeff wrote:

For a lot of poor people, the military offers a chance to get out of the
ghetto.

That's right. Bush and his cronies have no problem sending poor, black
kids to do their dirty work for them.

In addition, the military offers some a chance to go to college who
normally wouldn't get to go to college.

....if they don't come back in a body bag.

And the military can offer some
people structure.

For a lot of people, the military is a good career choice. I some family
members who had an excellent experience in the military. But, certainly, the
military isn't the right choice for everyone.

Especially if you value free thinking, creativity and your life...

-L.

Old October 17th 06, 08:02 AM posted to misc.kids
-L.

deja.blues wrote:

For each person going into military service for their country, there are
many more that did not choose to serve, or shirked duty when they were
drafted. Those people's rights and freedom are protected by those that chose
to serve,

Oh give me a ****ing break. Is this all you military automatons have
to offer as a rebuttal to any anti-war argument. Because it's the only
one that is ever spouted.

Ever hear of "unalienable rights"? Maybe you should ****ing look it
up.

and who risked death, whether you might care about it or not.
You and I can sleep safe tonight, in large part because of those people that
chose to serve, and even die, for their countries.

If you think you are risking your life for me, don't. I don't want you
to, I don't care if you do, and if you want to do ME a favor, take that
****ing dickhead president (and I use that term loosely) of YOURS out
of the whitehouse - the who has done MORE to erode my rights in his
last years of service than ANY other dictator, country, governement or
"enemy" has, in the last 100 years..

Assholes - every single one of you.

-L.

Old October 17th 06, 12:22 PM posted to misc.kids
Nan

On 17 Oct 2006 00:02:31 -0700, "-L." wrote:

Assholes - every single one of you.

-L.

Well, that's that everyone. Lyn said it so it must be true.

Nan

We don need no steenkin' CPS. 0:-> Spanking 223 July 19th 06 07:32 AM
A test Mark Probert Kids Health 0 January 13th 06 04:51 PM
Parent-Child Negotiations Nathan A. Barclay Spanking 623 January 28th 05 05:24 AM
Trying to understand - some personal issues based on experience Stuart Magpie Spanking 4 August 4th 04 11:15 AM
Kids should work. LaVonne Carlson General 22 December 7th 03 05:27 AM