For those NYC folk

Old April 11th 06, 10:10 PM posted to alt.support.single-parents

Default For those NYC folk

I don't know if anyone will see this post in time BUT just incase:

Any thing just awesome to see for teenagers around the area of 245 w 44th
Street?? There is limited time so we need great places within walking
distance to that address.

Thanks!

Old April 11th 06, 11:23 PM posted to alt.support.single-parents

"Tiffany" wrote in message news:3XU_f.1969$7Z6.1815@trnddc06...
I don't know if anyone will see this post in time BUT just incase:

Any thing just awesome to see for teenagers around the area of 245 w 44th Street?? There is limited time so we need
great places within walking distance to that address.

Time square is 42nd street - used to be bad news, but I heard they cleaned it up.

Herald square at 34th street

Thanks!

Old April 11th 06, 11:54 PM posted to alt.support.single-parents

"Moon Shyne" wrote in message

"Tiffany" wrote in message
I don't know if anyone will see this post in time BUT just incase:

Any thing just awesome to see for teenagers around the area of 245 w 44th
Street?? There is limited time so we need great places within walking
distance to that address.

Time square is 42nd street - used to be bad news, but I heard they cleaned
it up.

Herald square at 34th street

Excuse my ignorance...... I know of Time Square but what is neat to see at
Herald Square?

Old April 12th 06, 10:21 AM posted to alt.support.single-parents

"Tiffany" wrote in message news:LsW_f.7710$8g3.4664@trnddc02...

"Moon Shyne" wrote in message ...

"Tiffany" wrote in message news:3XU_f.1969$7Z6.1815@trnddc06...
I don't know if anyone will see this post in time BUT just incase:

Any thing just awesome to see for teenagers around the area of 245 w 44th Street?? There is limited time so we need
great places within walking distance to that address.

Time square is 42nd street - used to be bad news, but I heard they cleaned it up.

Herald square at 34th street

Excuse my ignorance...... I know of Time Square but what is neat to see at Herald Square?

Herald square is more of a shopping district, there's Macy's (one of the lagest stores, they sponsor the thanksgiving
day parade) - sorry
I was born and raised in NY - so am trying to think..... i mean, Chinatown would be a blast, but you can't get from 44th
to Canal street easily.....

lemme think on it a little more - when are they going?

And actually for teenagers, theyll have a good time at times square.... just have 'em stick together.

Old April 12th 06, 12:21 PM posted to alt.support.single-parents

"Moon Shyne" wrote in message ...

"Tiffany" wrote in message news:3XU_f.1969$7Z6.1815@trnddc06...
I don't know if anyone will see this post in time BUT just incase:

Any thing just awesome to see for teenagers around the area of 245 w 44th Street?? There is limited time so we need
great places within walking distance to that address.

Time square is 42nd street - used to be bad news, but I heard they cleaned it up.

Herald square at 34th street

Excuse my ignorance...... I know of Time Square but what is neat to see at Herald Square?

here's a link for times square
http://www.timessquare.com/

Rockefeller center
http://www.mustseenewyork.com/attrac...er-center.html

Can;'t believe I missed this one - empire state building - 34th street
http://www.mustseenewyork.com/attrac...-building.html

Old April 12th 06, 11:47 PM posted to alt.support.single-parents

"'Kate" wrote in message

"Moon Shyne" wrote in message

"Tiffany" wrote in message
[...]

MTV is in Times Square (42nd & 7th).

The UN - The crosstown bus can take you or you can hop on the #7 at
42nd street, get off at Grand Central Station, and walk to 44th & 1st.

5th Avenue.... nice to walk to window shop.
Rockefeller Center is not all that far from where you'll be.

The bus or train pass is good for 3 hours, as many stops as you want.
Download a rapid transit map.

Thanks Kate and Moon. My daughter went today on a school trip. They only had
about 3 free hours to explore so were limited to what they could see. They
weren't allowed to take the subway or anything so they couldn't go far.

I am not sure what all she did yet. She said she was on Times Square when
she called me. They saw Phantom of the Opera while there too.

I will definitely ask for advice again. I want to go for a day or two this
summer.

Tiff