Losing My Mind...

Old April 12th 06, 07:33 PM posted to alt.support.single-parents

Default Losing My Mind...

I could take up countless hours of your time trying to explain my
situation to all of you, but i'd seem like a bitter, heartless whiner...
Instead, im going to ask for help. I am a single mother of 9 month old
twins. Their father has basically decided that he doesn't care what
happens to us. I am currently living in my brothers house with his
family (Wife,3 kids, friend) and in trying to do my part, am finding
myself slightly overwhelmed.. By help, i am asking for any information
that anyone has heard of or knows from experince about help with
housing. I want to live in the Hagerstown, Maryland area. If anyone
could offer ANY information, it would be grately appreciated.. Thank
you... *KaT*

Old April 13th 06, 03:15 AM posted to alt.support.single-parents

wrote in message
I could take up countless hours of your time trying to explain my
situation to all of you, but i'd seem like a bitter, heartless whiner...
Instead, im going to ask for help. I am a single mother of 9 month old
twins. Their father has basically decided that he doesn't care what
happens to us. I am currently living in my brothers house with his
family (Wife,3 kids, friend) and in trying to do my part, am finding
myself slightly overwhelmed.. By help, i am asking for any information
that anyone has heard of or knows from experince about help with
housing. I want to live in the Hagerstown, Maryland area. If anyone
could offer ANY information, it would be grately appreciated.. Thank
you... *KaT*

Welcome to the group. I too raised twins on my own so I understand where
you're coming from.

Do they not have government subsidized housing in your area?

Christine

Old April 16th 06, 04:45 PM posted to alt.support.single-parents

"Bunny" wrote in message
oups.com...
I have a friend that lives in a Habitat for Humanity home. It's small,
but seems stable. I would bet that a Habitat home would be quicker to
get then a freebie government apartment, considering all the ways the
gov't is cutting funding.

We were going to start the long process of Habitat for Humanity here. The
houses built aren't necessarily small - they're based on the size of your
family and needs - a family with 2 adults and 2 children would NOT be in a
2000 sq. ft. home with 6 bedrooms. The problem with Habitat is that you
need to be able to afford it. We're currently in subsidized housing, which
is based on 30% of your income, a minimum of $120/month or a max of $800? (I
believe? - maybe CME knows?)
Anyways, both waits claim to be about a year. I waited for sub-housing for
3. We didn't follow through with our Habitat application. With HfH, you
need to be able to afford the payments, which yes, are lower than just a
regular mortgage, and they say you should be able to have 30% of your income
free to go to housing, and still be able to manage bills, food, daily needs,
etc., and I could be wrong, but the interest is not there or is minimal.

Hi, btw. My name is Jenny and I have a 2 year old. I'm in a longterm
relationship with someone other then my son's father, and I understand
about housing costs. Yikes. some stupid chart I read say housing should
only take up a third of your total monthly income... Whatever. My
partmner and I both work in fields that are dependent on the weather
and construction trends... (Me, structural construction like malls and
homes) and he drives a dump truck, contracted mostly with a road
construction company.

Hi, I'm Kat. I have a 6 year old boy who doesn't live with me, a 5 year old
boy and 8 month old girl with one due in the fall. I too am in a long term
relationship with my daughter's father (and this next one) and I too know
housing costs are a bit of a headache at time... 1/3 of income sounds about
right for housing costs... Norm works in the housing/construction industry
as a rough carpenter - I'm fearing our annual income reviews and I know our
rent is going to go through the roof lol... I'm a SAHM - for now.

So it varies. Oh crap look at the time. Easter b'fast!

Yes, Easter breakfast sounds like it's that time here as well now. I think
the hard boiled eggs that we colored at my aunt and uncle's last night and
some toast is about all we're going to have, as we have a BIG dinner to be
had at 1... And it's almost 10 right now!

Happy Egg day!
Jenny

Hoppy Bunny day to you as well, and to everyone else!