Single Mom of 3 and another on the way

Old April 18th 06, 10:21 PM posted to alt.support.single-parents

Default Single Mom of 3 and another on the way

"J J" wrote in message
that was a good one . but lets not bash on her. she obviously has
learned the lessons

Lessons? I'll assume you're temporarily on some sort of bad drug or you're
joking.

she is trying to put out there for others to see
throughout her own mistrials.

Uh huh. Right. Good point, although I don't see it.

the lessons are being taught, but yet they
are not being learned.

Lesson 1. Live on $250 income a month.
Lesson 2. Man + Woman = Babies.
Lesson 3. Irresponsible girls + Irresponsible boys = Babies.
Lesson 4. More babies is better when you're a single mom, with no income,
and a gazillion children from just as many fathers, none of which stick
around.

Lessons learned?

i also don't understand how she makes it one her
own with just $250. a month.

You're not alone. I think quite a few of us have tried to figure that one,
of many, out.

i barly make it one $1400. a month and i
have 2 boys , 7yrs-4yrs.

$2000ish a month, 5 year old, 8 month old, one expected in the fall and 2
adults, only one (working) income. We can and do make bills and all that
each month, but yes, it's tough at times. Also, it's far from a $250/month
income.

if she does it on her own what does she do live
in a tent on the streets.

Nah. She'd probably be fined for tenting on city property. I don't think
you can just tent on the side of the road... I assume she lives in a box or
maybe with her parents. I also assume that she's not really who she said
she was. School's back in after Easter long weekend. She (or he) must have
gone back to class.

Troll-o-meter sticks for this one.

Old April 18th 06, 10:22 PM posted to alt.support.single-parents

"J J" wrote in message
this is not the point. the point is the kids not the man. and it seems
like all strawberry likes is the men not the kids.all i hear is that i
need a man to pleaes her otherwise she would stop getting pregnant...

Maybe then if she needs a man to please her, she should try some sort of
birth control. You can still have a relationship with someone that does NOT
involve pregnancy after pregnancy. Drain on society.

Old April 18th 06, 10:23 PM posted to alt.support.single-parents

"Amanda Cox" wrote in message
strawberry i know exactly what you mean ... i have 3 kids my oldest is 4
years my middle one is 2 and my youngest is 5 monthes..i recently was
with what i thought was a great guy my kids were calling him daddy and
one day he just decided he had had enough and left ..he didnt even
bother taking his stuff or saying good bye to any of the kids...and it
was really heart breaking .....

amanda

Pawn all the stuff and keep the change. Win-win situation.

Old April 19th 06, 07:02 AM posted to alt.support.single-parents

Hey everyone I am so sorry bout my posting I read all of the other
posting and everyone did make a lot of since and I as a single mother of
3 knows first hand that there is no way in hell you can make it on
250.00 or even 300.00 month again Im sorry for last nights posting

Old April 19th 06, 07:12 AM posted to alt.support.single-parents

There's all kinds of birth control methods...like the shot
...pills....IUD......asprin(excuse the spelling) ...getting the tubes
tied...hey im 24 years old and i have 3 kids 4yrs 2 yrs and 5
monthes.....i decided an IUD is best for me for now and maybe in a few
years get my tubes tied....I agree with everyone else though theres no
way shes doing it on 250 a month unless ...well less face it shes full
of it .....

Old April 19th 06, 08:03 PM posted to alt.support.single-parents

"xkatx" wrote in message

"J J" wrote in message
[...]

Well, first off... free housing! Secondly, making money on the side so
welfare doesn't know about it. Food stamps, programs to pay your
utilities......

I imagine one could possibly live on such a low income, with all sort of
gov. support of course.

Old April 19th 06, 08:20 PM posted to alt.support.single-parents

"J J" wrote in message
[...]

Can we all say, "Fraud"? Here, anyways, you MUST report any and all income
to welfare. You cut your neighbours lawn on a weekly basis and get $50 a
month, they need to know that, and stuff like that even gets knocked off
your welfare cheque, but you are allowed to make a small amount of your own
money with a job or whatever before it's deducted, dollar for dollar, off
welfare cheques. I would love to have free housing... That, though, for
me, would be living with my parents, and they would NOT have that Oh,
how I wish... lol Maintenance or child support payments are also deducted,
dollar for dollar, off of welfare. I still say living off $250 my arse.

Food stamps, programs to pay your utilities......

I imagine one could possibly live on such a low income, with all sort of
gov. support of course.

I would like free Internet... Even if it's the webtv Internet... Hell, it's
free! I've never heard of programs that will pay for 'luxury' items - rent,
power, water, etc., that a person needs to survive is one thing... Internet,
cable, even phone is not considered to be a necessity. You can get all
kinds of subsidized housing, utilities, food, bus passes, etc., free
clothing, food, whatever, but to LIVE with an income of $250 (and I'll
assume since there's no 'tip' to survive with the help of food banks,
stamps, co-ops, etc., that they're not involved) seems a bit off the wall.
And, with gov't support, for something maybe like welfare, that's still not
really an income of $250, as any gov't money is part of your income, right?
I don't see how a person could live off of such a low income...
You could probably feed and house a gerbil and tank of fish for that amount
:P Maybe even a dog or cat

Old April 20th 06, 02:17 PM posted to alt.support.single-parents

"xkatx" wrote in message

"Brian A" wrote in message
On Sat, 15 Apr 2006 14:43:02 GMT, 'Kate wrote:

On 14 Apr 2006 22:34:02 -0500, Brian A. the following
was posted in blue dry erase marker:

On Fri, 14 Apr 2006 21:31:47 GMT, 'Kate wrote:

On 14 Apr 2006 00:04:02 -0500, Brian A the following
was posted in blue dry erase marker:

On Fri, 14 Apr 2006 03:57:16 GMT, 'Kate wrote:

Do your parents know that you're using the computer?

Kate:
Did you major in Diplomacy??? LOL

I know. Tactful I am.

I often wonder-----Nah, won't go there.

Oh do you? Wonder? About... moi?

Ah, no, mon Cherie!

(Not in a bad way luv)

pop --ego deflating

(Sending over a 12 volt pump to re-inflate that thing) LOL

Only about how out of the loop that I seem to be. I suppose that
being raised by Grandparents has affected how I look at things.
However, the math just does not add up ---- unless-----

Let's see.
I live alone (Kids are finally out of the house, and through
college)(I guess that it really disqualifies me for this forum)
However, just for basics.

Nah... you did it and what you've learned along the way is helpful. At
least you're not one of those preachy, do it my way or you'll go to
hell, parents. :-)

Feel like I have been to Hell some days, and I surely would not want
to distract anyone from having that experience!
It helps to remember that when the good days roll around, they become
even sweeter.

House Payment- (been paying for 21 years) $400.00 mo
Water/Sewer $26.00 mo
Garbage $12.00 mo
CableTV/Internet $79.00 mo
Electricity $140.00 mo
Gas $40.00 mo
Car Payment $0.00
Insurance Auto $85.00 mo
Homeowners Ins $68.00 mo
Groceries $300.00 mo(includes Laundry needs, cleaning
supplies, toiletries, paper towels, brownie film etc.)

Brownie film? g Yep... and those cool flash cubes too?

I fear that I have dated myself to you youngsters (God, flashcubes
would have HURT!)WG

(Brownie Film---Slang expression for TP)

and now I see someone who can make it all on about $250.00 per month,
and I WONDER, just how much they get from my checks in the way of a
welfare payment. Lets see, how much is a child worth to a mother in
the way of welfare?( if you were a welfare sponge)

4 children and 4 Fathers?

Has she not the common sense to use the Aspirin contraceptive method??
(One standard Aspirin tablet held firmly between the knees)

That is what my wonder was about Dear One, I just can't fathom how it
all works today I guess.

As the HR Dept Head, I hear it all, and often I am not at all
sympathetic about utter human stupidity.

Just Jaded old me

Brian

There is no way anyone can survive on $250 US a month.

I can't imagine what kind of mother would have four children by four
different fathers and how she'd make that OK in her head.

In my biz, we would call that a terminal case of "Very round heels"
Not too nice at all, but better than the bumper sticker that boldly
states
"If you can't FEED em, don't BREED em"

Children should be special and loved, given our best, and not just
popped out into this world just because mommy likes to
-------------------. With whoever at the time.

God, I feel a soapbox coming on!

It has to be a troll.

Agreed, and a not so very bright one at that.
So, PLONK is in order.

Meh... What for? (S)he came, said whatever, and I'm sure isn't coming
back again. It's a shame... I was kind of hoping (s)he would come back

TROLL-O-METER

0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
\
\
\
\
\
\
***********
Trolls rated on a scale of 1 to 10. This troll rated a
1.4, better luck next time!

Oh holy hell that's funny!

Christine

Old May 2nd 06, 08:06 PM posted to alt.support.single-parents

Yeah.. I know the challenge of being a single mother first hand. Remain
strong and focus. I falling in the same pattern as well due the fact I
was very young when I met a guy whom I thought was truthful to his word
but it turned he was just using me for his own personal purpose. I was
lucky because I have a very supportive family and they understand what
I am going through. I struggle to educate myself and because of that I
was able to provide a good standard of living to my only son. I've
learned my mistake and I would not underestimate or short change myself
and settle down for less.