Easter Baskets?

Old April 14th 06, 09:59 PM posted to alt.support.single-parents

Default Easter Baskets?

A conversation a couple hours ago with my aunt got me thinking...
My aunt called to confirm plans for tomorrow to go to their house and do
easter eggs and all that... She also planned for supper and all that, and
asked if B had seen the card she had sent him from the Easter Bunny...
Anyways... She also mentioned that she has made up little baskets, well,
bags, for the kids and was debating on bring them to Grandma's house on
Sunday for dinner or if she should give them on Saturday when we're there.
She had told me what she put in the kids' bags and then said that my uncle
had a problem with the bags because they weren't 'fair' because B has a lot
more stuff than A does. My aunt kept her ground that yes, Bran does have
more stuff - toys and what not - than Amie does, but she didn't believe it
made a difference. She didn't think I would get upset that the toys and
goodies weren't 'fair' and I really don't think it matters, does it? I plan
to pick up random things for Easter baskets, but I honestly didn't think
that even the ones at home would be at all fair either, and to be honest, is
it a big deal? I know the baby doesn't give a rat's ass about what she does
or doesn't get. I told my aunt that A is NOT going to care if she gets 10
things or 1 thing, or even nothing. She doesn't know it's Easter, doesn't
have any concept of he got this so why don't I get it as well, and my uncle
had told my aunt that maybe right now Amie doesn't care, but she will in a
year or two. My aunt said she had no intentions of giving one and not the
other down the line when SHE is old enough to know the difference.
In all fairness, I don't believe one sibling should get a treat, present,
whatever and the other shouldn't, but at an age that one couldn't care less,
does it matter? (with the exception of one getting something and the other
not at birthdays)
Heck, even at Christmas, it was Amie's first Christmas, yet I didn't go
overboard with gifts for her... She had a couple new outfits, a few small
dollar store toys, a couple little useful toys, a soft first baby doll and
that was about it. Brandon was hailed with much, much more, and these are
the gifts from home, just between Norm and I.
So, although I think I said it, when one is 5 and the other 8 months, should
you keep things 'fair' or does it not at all matter... I told my aunt that A
would probably be just as happy and amused with the bag that B's stuff would
be in as she would be with a bunch of stuff that she doesn't even know what
they are.
I'm going Easter shopping as soon as Norm gets home, and to be honest, the
thought of buying one-one ratio for them never even crossed my mind.
Brandon might enjoy a few Easter candy treats, whereas A can't even have
that, nor would she desire it or feel like she's missing out if she didn't
have it yet he did.

--
A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?

Old April 15th 06, 01:06 AM posted to alt.support.single-parents

"xkatx" wrote in message news:r2U%f.89093$%H.2786@clgrps13...
[...]

Funny you should mention that. I talked to my mom the other day, and she told me that she isn't going to do the
children's (me and my brother, my stepbrother and stepsister) b'days anymore, will just do the grandchildren, because
it's too hard to get out to get cards and what not.

Then she said she's sending my brother a check for his birthday, cause he's turning 50.

His birthday is in 2 days. Mine is in 5.

sigh

I hope I never stop sending my kids b'day presents.

Old April 15th 06, 02:42 AM posted to alt.support.single-parents

"'Kate" wrote in message ...
On Sat, 15 Apr 2006 00:06:08 GMT, "Moon Shyne"
the following was posted in blue dry erase marker:

[...]

Me too.
And you know what would come in really handy for her for next Christmas?
One of those date/card organizers that you can get at Hallmark. It
organizes cards and dates month-to-month and has a slot to keep the
pre-purchased cards in so that you only need to go to the month & look
up whose special day is that month. :-)

You think like I do - I've started scouting around, looking for those assortments of cards - figured for mother's day, i
can send her that and stamps, to try to make life easier for her? I thought about one of those card making programs for
the computer, but I don't think that'll make things easier for her.

Old April 15th 06, 09:24 AM posted to alt.support.single-parents

"Moon Shyne" wrote ...

8

His birthday is in 2 days. Mine is in 5.

so, before I forget..

Happy Birthday for next thursday !

( so what is this one... 22?,23? ...
uh...when you go backwards I lose count)

.... ok, now what did you buy us all?...

Old April 15th 06, 11:50 AM posted to alt.support.single-parents

"Zorro" wrote in message ...

"Moon Shyne" wrote ...

8

His birthday is in 2 days. Mine is in 5.

so, before I forget..

Happy Birthday for next thursday !

( so what is this one... 22?,23? ...
uh...when you go backwards I lose count)

Wednesday :-)

48 (yuk fooey)

... ok, now what did you buy us all?...

Gonna make brownies for breakfast - not sure how it happened, but it seems to have evolved into some b'day tradition
around here, that I was apparently completely unaware of until I heard my kids telling their friends

So brownies it is, for breakfast.