A sad good bye

Old December 12th 03, 07:08 PM
K-K ~Glass Boobs~

Default A sad good bye

I think my sanity and well being are more important! my daughter was hurt
non by the bottle!
no I don't have PPD, I don't yell at my children, or hit them. I don't cry
for no apparent reason, I don't shut my self in the house. I don't follow
any of the criteria for PPD.
You guys are just ****ed off that Some one stopped bf'ing and is glad they
did. In the mean while, I will be bottle feeding my baby and going about my
life while enjoying playing with my daughter and loving my husband the only
way I know how. If I had continued bf'ing my son I would have developed PPD.
I was beginning to resent him for taking up all my time. and when I was not
b'fing I would not pick him up or play with him because I felt he was ALWAYS
with me and I needed a break. This is the better route for all of us, as
much as I would have liked to continue to breast feed for my sons benefit, I
realized at what cost am I willing to do it? And on the advice of a
therapist I stopped.

So thank you to all those who were understanding, (I was not looking for
validation)
Thanks for the help I received for 1 month!

And to all those self richeous bf'ers with like 6 kids that can bf and do
tae-bo at the same time, Gloating, cutting some one down and being so
critical makes YOU look bad. Apparently breast feeding is the most important
thing in the world above all else. To each his own but for heaven sakes stop
acting like you are better than others who bottlefeed, yes you bf... GOOD
FOR YOU! its hard! and I give you 100% KUDOS! *you are admired for doing
so*, so you dont need to be hard on thoes who bottle feed, it makes the
admiration fly right out the window.

Gone for good

K-K

Old December 12th 03, 08:53 PM
badgirl

"K-K ~Glass Boobs~" wrote in message
I think my sanity and well being are more important! my daughter was hurt
non by the bottle!

You don't know that.
snip the rest of the self justification garbage

Welcome to being the very first person I have ever killfiled from this
group.

Jen
*shaking head*

Old December 12th 03, 09:29 PM
DeliciousTruffles

Michelle Podnar wrote:

I think people are not upset because you stopped BF and are glad you did
(okay well maybe somewhat), but a lot of people took a lot of their time and
energy helping you out, by giving you great advice, and you always just
sloughed it off, and now at only 4 weeks you are quitting....

BINGO!

I could only wish I had found this group before the twins were 4 months
old. Sigh. I sure could have used the advice and extra support.

/sarcasm on
My, but it will be interesting how I will *manage* breastfeeding a
newborn with twin toddlers running around.
/sarcasm off

I hope this newsgroup will be prepared for the questions I'll be asking
regarding my new upcoming scenario. ;-)

--
Brigitte aa #2145
edd #3 February 15, 2004

~ Harriet Martineau

Old December 12th 03, 09:46 PM
Sara

K-K ~Glass Boobs~ wrote, in part:

no I don't have PPD, I don't yell at my children, or hit them. I don't cry
for no apparent reason, I don't shut my self in the house. I don't follow
any of the criteria for PPD.

Those aren't the standard criteria for PPD, as far as I know.

Nah, we're ****ed off that you're rude.

So thank you to all those who were understanding, (I was not looking for
validation)

So why post so many defensive posts?

And to all those self richeous bf'ers with like 6 kids that can bf and do
tae-bo at the same time,

(heh, I like that one)

[snip]

Gone for good

Don't let the screen door hit your ass on the way out. (Oh my. Did I
say that?)

--
Sara, wondering if she's feeding a troll
Old December 13th 03, 12:05 AM
Dawn Lawson

Sara wrote:

K-K ~Glass Boobs~ wrote, in part:

Gone for good

Don't let the screen door hit your ass on the way out. (Oh my. Did I
say that?)

ROTFL!

Sara! i'm shocked!

*g*

Dawn

Old December 13th 03, 12:08 AM
Michelle Podnar

You don't know what FF your daughter has done. I was brought up on
formula....I have asthma, eczema, allergies etc....I can't say that if I was
BF that I would have them, but you never know, and i don't want to take that
chance with DD. Also she has had NO ear infections, colds last maybe a
couple days (because of immunities from me). Plus she is the most
independant toddler I have met. She was stuck to me for the first 8 months,
and now she can play by herself, and doesn't need my interaction 24/7
because she know when she needs it I will be there.

I think people are not upset because you stopped BF and are glad you did
(okay well maybe somewhat), but a lot of people took a lot of their time and
energy helping you out, by giving you great advice, and you always just
sloughed it off, and now at only 4 weeks you are quitting....

--
Michelle P
Ava Marie July 14, 2002

Old December 13th 03, 12:19 AM
AlenasMom

"K-K ~Glass Boobs~" wrote in message
I think my sanity and well being are more important! my daughter was hurt
non by the bottle!

I think people are more upset that you're not taking their advice. Bottle
feeding isn't easier than breastfeeding by any means. There's a LOT more
work involved.
I'm sorry you're giving up while you're still in the most difficult part of
breastfeeding. The first six weeks are hell. I agree. I just got the
feeling that you're putting your own desires before your babies. When Alena
came home I didn't get a shower for three days in a row because I was just
too damn tired. But I sucked it up.
I stayed out of your previous post because I truthfully just wanted to slam
you. I didn't because I remember how hard it was those first six weeks.
This group is awesome, and was great to make me a total boob nazi.
There are so many ways around all of the problems you presented, and if you
think they're going to end with formula feeding, think again. Though I wish
you luck.

Old December 13th 03, 02:21 AM
Chotii

"K-K ~Glass Boobs~" wrote in message

So thank you to all those who were understanding, (I was not looking for
validation)
Thanks for the help I received for 1 month!

And to all those self richeous bf'ers with like 6 kids that can bf and do
tae-bo at the same time,

It's not reasonable, you know, to expect true understanding and sympathy
from people who've been there, done that (with more kids than you have) and
been persevered when you have not. Shrug. A person can only do what she can
do. If you reached the end of your resources, then you did, and since we're
NOT in your shoes, we cannot know what it's felt like. We can only know what
we've been through.

I'm glad you're happy now. I hope your son continues to do well on formula.

--angela (survivor of twins (incl. one with multiple congenital
deformities), exclusive pumping, plugged ducts, thrush, cracked nipple, and
multiple blebs....but man, did I use the swings and TV a lot.)

Old December 13th 03, 04:59 AM

On Fri, 12 Dec 2003 19:08:58 GMT, "K-K ~Glass Boobs~"
wrote:

You guys are just ****ed off that Some one stopped bf'ing and is glad they
did. In the mean while, I will be bottle feeding my baby and going about my
life while enjoying playing with my daughter and loving my husband the only
way I know how. If I had continued bf'ing my son I would have developed PPD.
I was beginning to resent him for taking up all my time. and when I was not
b'fing I would not pick him up or play with him because I felt he was ALWAYS
with me and I needed a break.

A 4 week old baby is most of the time "always with" their mother. It's
inbuilt. It's the way a 4 week baby tells you they need *you* to keep
them alive.

I'm "****ed off" because after reading all the replies to your posts
where you asked for help, you seem to have taken in none of it. Most
women on this group will tell you that 6 weeks of age is when things
begin to get easier. Time and time again I've read posts to the effect
of "Give it 6 weeks" "It will change at around 6 weeks". I came here
when I needed help breastfeeding and after actually listening to the
advice here and knowing that I *WAS NOT ALONE* I felt validated with
my frustrations and difficulties and just kept on trying. Instead of
focusing on everything that was going to **** around me, I focused on
the newborn baby that needed *me* - all the while knowing that the
women on this NG were cheering for me and willing me to continue. And,
btw that was nearly 6 years ago and I still come to this NG for the
wisdom and the compassion found here.

This is the better route for all of us, as
much as I would have liked to continue to breast feed for my sons benefit, I
realized at what cost am I willing to do it? And on the advice of a
therapist I stopped.

The cost is another two weeks of concerted effort and giving the baby
what *he* needs. The 3 year old will eventually get used to the new
baby having his needs met as will the DH. It *will* get easier when
the baby is around 6 weeks of age. Things *will* calm down. This
newborn breastfeeding intensity DOES NOT last forever.

So thank you to all those who were understanding, (I was not looking for
validation)
Thanks for the help I received for 1 month!

And to all those self richeous bf'ers with like 6 kids that can bf and do
tae-bo at the same time, Gloating, cutting some one down and being so
critical makes YOU look bad. Apparently breast feeding is the most important
thing in the world above all else. To each his own but for heaven sakes stop
acting like you are better than others who bottlefeed, yes you bf... GOOD
FOR YOU! its hard! and I give you 100% KUDOS! *you are admired for doing
so*, so you dont need to be hard on thoes who bottle feed, it makes the
admiration fly right out the window.

Hey. I reckon *am* better. Breastfeeding was the hardest skill I have
ever had to learn and I'm damned proud of myself for listening,
learning, persevering and following my heart. BUT I didn't persevere
in order to be admired or to gloat. I did it because it was best for
ALL my children.

H..

Old December 13th 03, 05:09 AM
Denise

"K-K ~Glass Boobs~" wrote in message
I think my sanity and well being are more important! my daughter was hurt
non by the bottle!
no I don't have PPD, I don't yell at my children, or hit them. I don't cry
for no apparent reason, I don't shut my self in the house. I don't follow
any of the criteria for PPD.

Oh jesus, just go already.