Hmph! ;-)

Old December 13th 03, 07:57 PM
Emily Roysdon

Default Hmph! ;-)

Last night was dh's work Christmas party, and we arranged for the ILs to
take the kids. Rebekah, age 3, wanted it to be a sleep-over since we
brought up the idea of going to Nana's house, and by the time I dropped
them off there last night, they were both gung-ho. Noah, age 5 1/2, was
a little worried that Nana would tease him if he wanted to come home
early, but I assured him (and reminded her) that she would not. I
called at 9 p.m. to see how they were doing, and they were having so
much fun they barely talked to me. Dh and I fell asleep around 2 a.m.
and woke up....

at 11 a.m.!!!!!

No kids in the bed, no phone calls in the middle of the night, and when
we called them, they were going to go to the library with Nana and
didn't want to come home!! What about all those dire warnings people
gave me that my attachment parenting would lead my kids to be
overly-clingy? What about Rebekah nursing to sleep every night, still
not weaned, and of course she wouldn't be able to happily spend a night
without me unless I sleep-trained her in advance? Gee, I feel so
unneeded! I'm sure dh could find some way to make me feel needed
though ;-)

Emily

Old December 13th 03, 08:02 PM
AlenasMom

"Emily Roysdon" wrote in message
. com...
[...]

Enjoy! Sounds like a nice night and an awesome morning at your place!

Old December 13th 03, 08:08 PM
badgirl

[...]

OMG what I wouldn't do for just ONE of those nights again soon
Let's see, it's been like....14 YEARS since I've had one LOL. My *cough
choke* wonderful extended family has a tendancy to call me first thing in
the morning "when ya gonna come get your kid/s?" For the most part that SO
****es me off! But oh well, whatever My older 2 will be off on their own
soon enough and my daughter has already volunteered to kidnap the baby for a
weekend here and there when she goes off to college.....that's only like 6
years away though LOL

Jen

Old December 13th 03, 08:29 PM
Tine Andersen

"Emily Roysdon" skrev i en meddelelse
. com...
Gee, I feel so
unneeded!

Isn't that after all what you bring them up to be - independant of you? Your
job is done when you are in truth: Unneeded.

Tine, Denmark

Old December 13th 03, 09:06 PM
Emily Roysdon

AlenasMom wrote:

Enjoy! Sounds like a nice night and an awesome morning at your place!

It's weird though. I went to bed feeling like the kids were just in
their room and I'd find one of them with me when I woke up; since they
are usually both in bed by 10 p.m. and we didn't even get home until
then, it felt like any other night. Then when there were no little
bodies in the bed and it was already 11 a.m., I got right up and had
cheese cake for breakfast ;-)

Emily

Old December 13th 03, 09:11 PM
Emily Roysdon

badgirl wrote:

OMG what I wouldn't do for just ONE of those nights again soon
Let's see, it's been like....14 YEARS since I've had one LOL. My *cough
choke* wonderful extended family has a tendancy to call me first thing in
the morning "when ya gonna come get your kid/s?" For the most part that SO
****es me off! But oh well, whatever

Yeah, I was sure I'd get a call between 3 and 6 a.m. In fact, MIL said
Noah woke at 6 a.m., but since MIL is such an early bird it was okay
with her. She always wonders why my kids stay up so late, when her boys
were in bed by 7:30 p.m., but I do *not* want to be up at 6 a.m. every day!

My older 2 will be off on their own
soon enough and my daughter has already volunteered to kidnap the baby for a
weekend here and there when she goes off to college.....that's only like 6
years away though LOL

Heh. I thought it would be another year or so, just because Rebekah is
still so young. Dh and I were talking about it earlier this week, and
how we were quite young when we stayed at our grandmothers' homes
overnight (I stayed with my Nana for a week, with my infant sister there
as well, while my parents went to Italy.) I didn't think my kids were
truly ready for an overnight, but at the rate they're going, it might
turn into two nights!

Emily, wishing dh would get off the couch and agree to go out somewhere,
geesh!

Old December 13th 03, 09:12 PM
Emily Roysdon

Tine Andersen wrote:
"Emily Roysdon" skrev i en meddelelse
. com...

Gee, I feel so
unneeded!

Isn't that after all what you bring them up to be - independant of you? Your
job is done when you are in truth: Unneeded.

Oh, exactly. I was being (mostly ;-) sarcastic. I always love it when
all the anti-AP naysayers' dire predictions of my kids being clingy and
dependent are disproven ;-)

Emily

Old December 14th 03, 03:49 AM
Irrational Number

Emily Roysdon wrote:
[...] Gee, I feel so
unneeded! [...]

I keep telling everyone that I WANT Pillbug to
never leave me! None of this sharing
Thanksgivings and Christmases with his SO's
family, none of this going away to school, no
summer camps... I'm going to be that woman
in "The Twilight Zone" whose son will always
stay with her...

-- Anita --
--
SUCCESS FOUR FLIGHTS THURSDAY MORNING ALL AGAINST
TWENTY ONE MILE WIND STARTED FROM LEVEL WITH ENGINE

Old December 14th 03, 10:42 PM
Bruce and Jeanne

Emily Roysdon wrote:

[...]

LOL. Isn't it distressing when your little one doesn't need you?
DD, at 2 1/2, stayed at friend's house overnight and *loved* it. From
that day on, she asked to stay overnight at ALL of her friends' houses -
what? Do they have better beds? Actually, DD loves sleepovers because
she usually shares the bed with the friends and she LOVES sleeping right
next to someone.

Jeanne