Child custody matters when one spouse moves?

Old August 10th 07, 08:54 PM posted to alt.child-support
access databaes

Default Child custody matters when one spouse moves?

My wife has three children from her previous marriage. The custody,
etc were settled in Georgia. We have lived in SC for the last 18
months (close to georgia). The father is stirring it up again LOL and
I want to know who has jurisdiction? I read over the Uniform Child
Custody Jurisdiction Act but its still not really clear to me.

The father still lives in georgia.

thanks

chaz

Old August 11th 07, 12:36 AM posted to alt.child-support
Gini

"access databaes" wrote in message
ups.com...
My wife has three children from her previous marriage. The custody,
etc were settled in Georgia. We have lived in SC for the last 18
months (close to georgia). The father is stirring it up again LOL and
I want to know who has jurisdiction? I read over the Uniform Child
Custody Jurisdiction Act but its still not really clear to me.

==
Georgia has jurisdiction. Did she have the court's permission to leave the
state with the kids?
Why are you in the middle of her parenting business?

Old August 11th 07, 12:59 AM posted to alt.child-support
alt.child.support

On Aug 10, 7:36 pm, "Gini" wrote:
"access databaes" wrote in message

ups.com... My wife has three children from her previous marriage. The custody,
etc were settled in Georgia. We have lived in SC for the last 18
months (close to georgia). The father is stirring it up again LOL and
I want to know who has jurisdiction? I read over the Uniform Child
Custody Jurisdiction Act but its still not really clear to me.

==
Georgia has jurisdiction. Did she have the court's permission to leave the
state with the kids?
Why are you in the middle of her parenting business?

I am not in the middle, I am her husband. Get it? Permission? She
didnt need permission. We are in an adjacent state, a few minutes from
the state line. Are you familiar with the UCJA?

Old August 11th 07, 01:36 AM posted to alt.child-support
Bob Whiteside

"alt.child.support" wrote in message
ups.com...
On Aug 10, 7:36 pm, "Gini" wrote:
"access databaes" wrote in message

ups.com... My wife has
three children from her previous marriage. The custody,
etc were settled in Georgia. We have lived in SC for the last 18
months (close to georgia). The father is stirring it up again LOL and
I want to know who has jurisdiction? I read over the Uniform Child
Custody Jurisdiction Act but its still not really clear to me.

==
Georgia has jurisdiction. Did she have the court's permission to leave
the
state with the kids?
Why are you in the middle of her parenting business?

I am not in the middle, I am her husband. Get it? Permission? She
didnt need permission. We are in an adjacent state, a few minutes from
the state line. Are you familiar with the UCJA?

Let me ask Gini's question a different way. Did your wife have a court
ordered restriction on not moving the children until after providing written
notification to the children's father? Did she provide that notice and
honor the court ordered lead time before moving? Were there any court
ordered restrictions on how far the children could be moved from their prior
domicile? In GA law are there restrictions on moving the children out of
state even if the move is within the statutory mileage boundary set in
another portion of the custody law?

IOW - The question is - Did your wife follow the court's order and the GA
state laws? If she didn't the GA courts will be unhappy and the SC courts
will not accept a "registration" of the GA order in their state. All of
those questions are relevant regarding whether UCJA can apply or not.

Gini is correct - GA retains jurisdiction. So then the issue becomes does
your wife have "clean hands in the eyes of the law" so she can she get
jurisdiction changed to SC to allow UCJA to apply. If not, the children's
father has solid grounds to object to the move out of state and ask the
court to force her to return the children to GA. The bottom line is - She
can move anywhere she wants, but she can't take the children with her
without the court's approval. And the act of moving does not allow a CP to
invoke the UCJA law to over-ride a previous court order.

Old August 11th 07, 02:44 AM posted to alt.child-support
Gini

"alt.child.support" wrote
On Aug 10, 7:36 pm, "Gini" wrote:
"access databaes" wrote

My wife has three children from her previous marriage. The custody,
etc were settled in Georgia. We have lived in SC for the last 18
months (close to georgia). The father is stirring it up again LOL and
I want to know who has jurisdiction? I read over the Uniform Child
Custody Jurisdiction Act but its still not really clear to me.

==
Georgia has jurisdiction. Did she have the court's permission to leave
the
state with the kids?
Why are you in the middle of her parenting business?

I am not in the middle, I am her husband.

==
Precisely. This matter is between the children(s)' parents. That leaves you
out.
==
Get it? Permission? She
didnt need permission.

==
You're new at this aren't you?
==
We are in an adjacent state, a few minutes from
the state line. Are you familiar with the UCJA?

==
Hehe--Looks like you got a live one, Bob :-)

Old August 11th 07, 03:10 AM posted to alt.child-support
Gini

"alt.child.support" wrote
On Aug 10, 7:36 pm, "Gini" wrote:
"access databaes" wrote

My wife has three children from her previous marriage. The custody,
etc were settled in Georgia. We have lived in SC for the last 18
months (close to georgia). The father is stirring it up again LOL and
I want to know who has jurisdiction? I read over the Uniform Child
Custody Jurisdiction Act but its still not really clear to me.

==
Georgia has jurisdiction. Did she have the court's permission to leave
the
state with the kids?
Why are you in the middle of her parenting business?

I am not in the middle, I am her husband.

==
I forgot to mention--We don't take kindly to stepparents who try to
interfere with a father's
rights to his children. So, tell us--The father is "stirring" what "up
again LOL?" Is your name Brian?

Old August 11th 07, 04:23 AM posted to alt.child-support
alt.child.support

On Aug 10, 7:36 pm, "Gini" wrote:
"access databaes" wrote in message

roups.com... My wife has
[...]

invoke the UCJA law to over-ride a previous court order.- Hide quoted text -

Let me clarify. This isnt about which state we live in. The counties
are actually closer than they were before they moved. I encourage the
father to be a dad to these children. He has chosen however to
eleiminate his summer visitation with them because he doesnt want to
worry about the care for them. He has married and separated from his
second wife. He has also moved into this state then moved back to ga
again. I cant keep up with the gentleman, nor do I try to.

I have 2 children of my own. I know what its like to have one in a
poor living condition. My son was being abused by a stepfather and we
spent well over 10 grand getting him out of the situation.

I love all the children. And I WISH that their daddy would act like
one, but nobody can make him be a daddy, which is what the family
court judge told him when he decided to give up his summer visitation.
Now he claims he wants custody of the daughter. In a word......... he
is an instigator. But this isnt my battle.......... and no, I wont sit
absolutely silently by.

Its the best interest of the child, no?

Thanks for the input................

chaz

In any event, we were only asking which state would this be filed in.

Old August 11th 07, 05:50 AM posted to alt.child-support
teachrmama

oups.com...

On Aug 10, 7:36 pm, "Gini" wrote:
[...]

Unless you have filed and switched over to your current state, CS is still
in the original state.

As for him not living up to "daddy" standards, yes, it is sad when either
parent chooses not to be a parent. But that does not change the fact that
they ARE a parent. And the fact that he doesn't meet your standards does
not mean that he is inadequate as a father--just that you do not approve of
him.

My question is, why is this man who you claim lacks any interest in
daddyhood whatsoever suddenly fighting to obtain custody of one of the
children? How old is the child he is seeking? Did the child ask her father
if she could come live with him? If she really wants to go, will her mother
permit it?

"The best interest of the child" is a mantra that has been used to strip
parental rights from many a man, while insisting that their financial
responsibilities be increased because they no are no longer active
participants in the day to day lives of their children. Using it earns no
points. Why is it that you feel he is so inadequate? Do his children feel
the same way?

Old August 11th 07, 06:28 AM posted to alt.child-support
Bob Whiteside

On Aug 10, 7:36 pm, "Gini" wrote:
[...]

So let's get this straight. Your son was being abused by a step-dad so it
was okay for you to take legal action to get him out of that situation. Yet
when another man's one of three children has a reason to desire a change of
custody you claim the child's father is an "instigator"?

It must be nice to be such a perfect dad and step-dad and believe such a
double standard for parenting is okay.

Old September 6th 07, 12:36 AM posted to alt.child-support
fathersrights

Quit emotionally abusing these children and let them see their father n
BUTT OUT YOU ARE NOT THE DAD