My own name question

Old May 26th 04, 03:20 AM
Daye

Default My own name question

On Tue, 25 May 2004 16:00:07 GMT, "Denise Anderson"
wrote:

Haley

Pretty, but I don't like the spelling. I am trying to think of the
one that I am more familiar with, but I am coming up blank... sorry.

Riley

This is a male character from Buffy the Vampire Slayer. Everytime I
hear it, that is who I think of. (For the record, I am a big Buffy
fan, and I didn't like the character of Riley.)

Brianna (yay, no U, Sophie!)

Pretty, and I am glad there is no U!!

Katrina

I know a couple, and I have good associations with the name. One girl
I always called "Kat-u-reena" because Katrina was too common for her.

--
Daye
Momma to Jayan and Leopold
Old May 26th 04, 03:21 AM
Daye

On Tue, 25 May 2004 17:20:58 GMT, "Denise Anderson"
wrote:

I wonder if anyone's ever got divorced over baby names picked on deployment

I doubt it. My DH and I decide to name #2 Leopold after I decided
that is what his name should be as I was being wheeling in to have my
seconded c-section.

Old May 26th 04, 03:22 AM
Daye

On Tue, 25 May 2004 17:29:03 GMT, "Denise Anderson"
wrote:

I have no idea what it is. He likes Rhianna also, but all other -annas get
a big thumbs down.

I love Rhianna.

Old May 26th 04, 03:23 AM
Zannah

In article ,
"Denise Anderson" wrote:

Ok.. My DH is gonna be deploying this week so he definitly won't be her when
this DD arrives. All the sudden I'm terrified I won't be able to fill out
the birth certificate paperwork because we haven't agreed on a name yet.

Here's our short list. I've won the middle name battle, it doesn't look
like I'm going to win the first name battle, so while none of these names
are my favorite, they're what we agree on so far.

Haley
Riley
Brianna (yay, no U, Sophie!)
Katrina

Any opinions?

Denise

I like Katrina the best, and then Haley. And apart from anything else,
there seem to be too many babies called Riley and Brianna around.

Z.
Old May 26th 04, 04:34 AM
Kim E.

"Denise Anderson" wrote in message
Ok.. My DH is gonna be deploying this week so he definitly won't be her

when
this DD arrives. All the sudden I'm terrified I won't be able to fill out
the birth certificate paperwork because we haven't agreed on a name yet.

Sorry to hear that.

Here's our short list. I've won the middle name battle, it doesn't look
like I'm going to win the first name battle, so while none of these names
are my favorite, they're what we agree on so far.

Haley
Riley
Brianna (yay, no U, Sophie!)
Katrina

Count my vote for Haley. I've only known boys named Riley, not that
that matters, but I still like Haley better....think it's because of the
Parent Trap!

-kim
Old May 26th 04, 05:12 AM
Tracey

"Denise Anderson" wrote in message

Haley
Riley
Brianna (yay, no U, Sophie!)
Katrina

Any opinions?

Of these four, my favorite is Katrina. I think the others are too trendy.

Old May 26th 04, 05:26 AM
Andrea J. Richardson

"Kara H" wrote in message
Another vote for Katrina. I always make associations with names and I know

Katrina (spelled just like that) and she is an AMAZING girl. She is one of
the sweetest, most compassionate girls I know and she is CONSTANTLY

smiling.
So, now you have a positive association as well as another vote for the
name.

That doesn't necessarily mean anything because I knew a girl named Katrina
and she was one of the most snobbyish girl that I have met, so I personally
don't care for the name but of course it is good for some people.

Andrea
#1 due: 09/28/04

Old May 26th 04, 07:08 AM
Kara H

"Andrea J. Richardson" wrote:

That doesn't necessarily mean anything because I knew a girl named Katrina
and she was one of the most snobbyish girl that I have met, so I

personally
don't care for the name but of course it is good for some people.

That was exactly my point. There are good associations and bad ones. I think
it helps to have those associations both good and bad so I thought I would
give Denise my association which happened to be good. You have a bad
association so it nullified my good one. No big deal.

It's not as though I was saying all Katrina's are good because the Katrina I
know is good.

/shrug

-Kara.

Old May 26th 04, 08:00 AM
zolw

Denise Anderson wrote:

Haley
Riley

I have a stereotype for these names. So I don't like them too much. (of
course that is my own problem that I stereotype names)

Brianna (yay, no U, Sophie!)

I kinda like it, but it is too unusual for me

Katrina

I like this name a lot. I also have a stereotype for Katrinas But a
real good one. I always think of Katrina as a pretty girl, who is so
nice but cool at the same time.

Any opinions?

Denise

Old May 26th 04, 08:55 AM
Cathy

Denise Anderson wrote:
Ok.. My DH is gonna be deploying this week so he definitly won't be
her when this DD arrives. All the sudden I'm terrified I won't be
able to fill out the birth certificate paperwork because we haven't
agreed on a name yet.

Here's our short list. I've won the middle name battle, it doesn't
look like I'm going to win the first name battle, so while none of
these names are my favorite, they're what we agree on so far.

Haley
Riley
Brianna (yay, no U, Sophie!)
Katrina

Any opinions?

Denise

I like Katrina (but then I might be biased as it is close to my name!). The
others to me are too common, and I have heard of 'Cheese' as a nickname for
Brianna (shortened to Bree/Brie, hence cheese).

Cathy

Kids should work... bobb General 108 December 15th 03 03:23 PM
And again he strikes........ Doan strikes ...... again! was Kids should work... Kane General 2 December 6th 03 03:28 AM
Intro, and Toddler/Daycare Question Betty Woolf General 4 December 3rd 03 03:25 PM