First Movements

Old June 9th 04, 01:26 PM
melizabeth

Default First Movements

Around 22 weeks, but I think I had been feeling him earlier. The US
confirmed the funny bubbles I had been feeling.

--
M~Elizabeth

To thine own self be true
"Cheryl" wrote in message
On Mon, 7 Jun 2004 21:09:16 -0230, "fr8tliner"
wrote:

When on average did most of you feel the first movements? I am 18 w 1d

with
my first and curious.

It took ages. I was about 22 weeks with #1 to realise that what I was
feeling was baby movement. This was a combination of an anterior
placenta (square across the front of the uterus, between me and the
baby) and not knowing what movement felt like. In retrospect I worked
out I'd been feeling him for about 3 weeks before I knew what it was.
With #2 it was a lot sooner because I knew that it wasn't just gas or
butterflies.

--
Cheryl
Mum to Shrimp (11 Mar 99), Thud (4 Oct 00)

Old June 9th 04, 05:03 PM
Bóliath

Wendy Pearson wrote:

I felt the first flutters with my first at almost exactly 20 weeks. The
movements kept getting stronger and more frequent until about 24-26
weeks when I started feeling kicks. I am 16 weeks with baby 2 and I
still haven't felt movement. It's really cool when you feel your baby
move for the first time, it makes the pregnancy so much more real.
Feeling DS move was the only thing I missed about being pregnant!

When will other people be able to feel the movements? I've been feeling
flutters and a few noticeable kicks for about 2 weeks now (I'm 18+5)
babys daddy is jealous and wondering when he will be able to feel them
too, I figured in a few weeks??

Old June 9th 04, 06:39 PM
melizabeth

"Bóliath" wrote in message
Wendy Pearson wrote:

I felt the first flutters with my first at almost exactly 20 weeks. The
movements kept getting stronger and more frequent until about 24-26
weeks when I started feeling kicks. I am 16 weeks with baby 2 and I
still haven't felt movement. It's really cool when you feel your baby
move for the first time, it makes the pregnancy so much more real.
Feeling DS move was the only thing I missed about being pregnant!

When will other people be able to feel the movements? I've been feeling
flutters and a few noticeable kicks for about 2 weeks now (I'm 18+5)
babys daddy is jealous and wondering when he will be able to feel them
too, I figured in a few weeks??

My husband couldn't feel the movements until about 30 weeks. Part of that
was because the little stinker would stop kicking when Chris put his hand on
my belly.

Old June 11th 04, 03:09 AM
Wendy Pearson

LOL, my baby would stop kicking when I told DH to put his hand on my
belly, too! I think the first time he could feel movement consistently
was around 26 or 28 weeks. The other cool thing is when the baby gets
hiccups. DS had hiccups all the time and my whole belly would sort of
"jump" (I don't know how else to describe it) repeatedly! That was very
easy for DH to feel and see. Baby's Dad is jealous that he can't feel
movement yet? That is really sweet that he is so excited, it's like both
of you being able to feel baby move really makes she/he an individual.
Keep us posted on when baby's dad feels that first kick.

Wendy

Old June 11th 04, 08:18 PM
Bóliath

Wendy Pearson wrote:

Baby's Dad is jealous that he can't feel
movement yet? That is really sweet that he is so excited, it's like both
of you being able to feel baby move really makes she/he an individual.

That and the fits of giggles when I do feel a kick.

Keep us posted on when baby's dad feels that first kick.

I will, thanks!