Fear of child unfair child support laws have shaped and defined my life...

Old July 8th 03, 12:31 PM
Hobbit

Default Fear of child unfair child support laws have shaped and defined my life...

I watched my dad go through the heinous family court system and it
literally scared me away from even slightly considering getting
married or having kids, I backed out of a marriage as a matter of
fact. I would rather be single and lonely for the rest of my life than
risk going to prison or being pushed into homelessness by a system
that treats men so unfairly it is literally shocking that courts are
able to get away with it. It surprises me everyday that people are not
up in arms to the point of revolution about how due process and
imprisonment for debt (disguised as obligation) is going on every day
and destroying lives. Why is it there is no law saying a human being
has to work, until they get divorced? Why is it that a husband and
wife/father and mother sitting at home collecting welfare for there
children are not forced to work, but in a divore, father has to work
and pay for kids? Isn't there something warped and twisted about the
logic involved in marriage and divorce? Also, don't you think that
there is a feminist agenda involved in these laws? Like a mixture of
revenge and an ability to enslave a male without having any reverse
obligation. When a life is destoyed a life is destroyed all life is
equally precious no matter if it is male or female adult or child
police officer or civilian, all life is equal. This fact has been lost
on us somewhere along the line and it is rediculous. Suicides from
financial and emotional devastation due to divorce are on the rise,
mostly males. These mothers should care especially if they have sons
because the same thing that happened to the sons' father could happen
to there son in the future if the son marries, has kids, has a low
income job, and the wife gets tired of them and decides to divorce
them.
Then we are putting fathers in prison for not being able to afford
these rediculous child support amounts put on them, men who have never
committed a crime in there entire life, never even been to jail and
all of the sudden they are criminals and are put in prison with
murderers and rapists, etc, psychologically damaging these innocent
human beings whose only crime is being poor. Pathetic and shame on our
society. The madness has to stop sometime. It is an archaic and evil
system, these gestapo family courts.
Old July 8th 03, 03:39 PM
Fred

Exellent and well stated. Nice to see it stated from someone "touched" but
still outside the "system".

Old July 9th 03, 05:59 AM
Phil #3

"Hobbit" wrote in message
On Tue, 8 Jul 2003 10:52:56 -0400, "Meldon Fens"
wrote:

Hobbit wrote in message

[snip]

This can only suggest that it is meant to be that way. It is by design.

Some
group is benefiting and the status quo defended and justified.

Absolutely. What happened to my father is he is a paint contractor by
trade who had his own business when he was married to my stepmom.
About the time that my stepmom divorced my dad (to go back with her
sons father who just got out of prison for child molestation) they had
filed business bankruptcy, essentially shutting my dads business down
and my dad had a job making 10 dollars an hour. My dad is illiterate,
dyslexic, and my mom never took him for a ride and left him with
custody of me and my brother when he went through his first divorce.
He didn't understand what the court system can do. So, my stepmon
takes him to court and they base his child support on a business
owning paint contractor from some book in the court room and set his
child support at 680 a month when his income is 10 dollars an hour.
The support is set up through his company and his paychecks are about
120 per week after court deductions (another thing, they base child
support on gross income instead of net and my dad gave up his right to
claim his children, double whammy up the ass). So he can't even afford
to have a place of his own, his parents are dead, he's 49, what does
he do, he quits his job and tries to start up painting on his own
again. But, he is not able to renew his contractors license because of
the enormous child support payments and he gets a cease and desist
order in the mail so he can't advertise. Anyways, over the next few
years he gets behind in his support to the tune of 30,000 plus and he
is stuck in a rut that he can't escape from. He can't make his
payments for six months and is summoned to court for contempt, just 24
hours in jail, but now he is a booked and convicted criminal a man
that has never done anything wrong in his life, a hard worker, a good
person, a giving human being reduced to a criminal, it broke my heart
to see this. During this court time, he had my step-brother (whom he
adopted during his 12 year marriage to my stepmom) dropped from child
support, but somehow they managed to raise support instead of lower
it.
Well it is a couple of years later and he is in the same boat, trapped
and unable to pay support at these unbelievable amounts and even more
in arrears, it is a neverending trap, like drowning. She is starting
to raise a stink again and I am afraid that she is going to get him in
trouble again.
To top it off, she marries her sons child molesting father, pops out
two more kids in two years, and her current husband gets in an
accident so he can't work. Now she is really coming after my dad.
Makes me sick to my stomach. I love my half-sisters, they are just
pawns in this sick money trrap, but it makes me sick to see my dad
treated in such a way. I live in fear for the future especially since
they are imprisoning people in state prison, not just jail, for
failure to pay child support. If such a thing happens to my dad, who
is now in his mid 50's, not remarried, and in poor health, it would
break him and probably push me over the edge. I will never involve
myself in this system, once you marry and, especially once you have
kids, you are at the mercy of your wife, bottom line. The power shifts
to the wife full force, because she can divorce you for no reason at
anytime and then you are forced to support two households, your old
one and the new one you have to try and build for yourself. A
sickening system that I will have nothing to do with. It is not worth
the risk.

You are indeed a wise man to observe and learn. Most of us (I think) had to
learn the hard way because, speaking for myself, I just could not believe
that the inalienable rights we are supposed to have is one big lie. Of all
the men I knew who went through this before me, I considered the propaganda
that "he must be a real asshole to have caused his problems" only to find
that it's not because he was a bad person, he was just male. Sadly, I leaned
this though experience and the lesson has been reinforced by nearly every
case with which I have become acquainted.
Not to say that all women are such that they would pull this but there is no
way to be sure until it is far too late. It just isn't worth the gamble,
IMO.
Phil #3

[snip]

Old July 9th 03, 06:01 AM
Hobbit

On Wed, 09 Jul 2003 04:42:45 GMT, "Tracy" wrote:

Staying single and lonely, after I backed out of marriage, I gave up
on trying to interact with the other sex in any way. No way will I
have kids ever. Sex means nothing to me, so it doesn't matter anyway.

"Hobbit" wrote in message
.. .
sickening system that I will have nothing to do with. It is not worth
the risk.

Does this mean you'll make sure you won't father a child? I'm really
curious, because I'm open with my sons concerning family court and laws. In
other words - the negative crap. On the other hand, my boyfriend's sons
never had to experience the negative crap within family court. His oldest
son is sexually active. I had dad purchase him some condoms this last
weekend for the kid's own good. I've also mention that I feel all should be
sterilized until they are really ready to become a parent. So I would like
to know what you are doing to ensure it won't happen to you.

Tracy
~~~~~~~
http://www.hornschuch.net/tracy/
"You can't solve problems with the same
type of thinking that created them."
Albert Einstein

*** spamguard in place! to email me: tracy at hornschuch dot net ***

Old July 9th 03, 07:55 AM
Father Drew

Wouldn't it be funny to watch the courts and lawyers go bankrupt because
nobody is getting divorced or fighting over kids because nobody is getting
married or willing to have kids under the current laws? Of course this will
never happen, but it makes me think.

-Drew

Old July 9th 03, 10:40 AM
glow

It would indeed be wonderful Father Drew but I don't think will happen
simply being no marriage will not stop people wanting to get laid female or
male. If you wanted to bring an end to it you would need to sterilize
everyone in the country but I think that might be a little extreme. Is a
little strange maybe they are hoping the intimidation technique might slow
down the rate of childbirth.

ewwwwww just had a nasty thought hope everyone has their super. If rate of
childbirth drops who going to support all the old farts who linger in eighty
odd years.

Old July 9th 03, 12:51 PM
Phil #3

"Father Drew" wrote in message
Wouldn't it be funny to watch the courts and lawyers go bankrupt because
nobody is getting divorced or fighting over kids because nobody is getting
married or willing to have kids under the current laws? Of course this

will
never happen, but it makes me think.

-Drew

I think that's why there are so many 'ambulance chaser' type lawyer
commercials on TV now. They are skampering to make a buck on any misfortune,
even if they have to create the illusion of one as in (IMO) the majority of
worker's comp claims and those ridiculous negligence suits like someone
being unaware that hot coffee is frequently HOT or that after driving miles
through the ice and snow and being unaware that the parking lot of a
neighborhood store is also icy and snowy.
We've become a nation "victims" with eager-to-'help', lawyers (for a 30%
fee, of course).
Phil #3
[snip]

Old July 9th 03, 12:55 PM
Kenneth S.

I doubt whether anyone involved in devising current U.S. "child
support" policies ever thought about reducing the number of children
being born. If this was an objective, whoever thought of it must be
nuts. CS is paid by men, and thus it penalizes the male sex. However,
because of current U.S. laws on abortion, adoption, and newborn
dropoffs, the decisions about children are in the hands of women.

In any case, the problem facing nearly all Western countries is not too
many children being born, but too few. Populations are aging as a
result, creating all kinds of social problems. In the U.S. the
situation is masked by the large number of immigrants -- legal and
illegal -- who have much higher birth rates. However, the native-born
U.S. population isn't replacing itself.

Old July 9th 03, 06:51 PM
Meldon Fens

Hobbit wrote in message
On Tue, 8 Jul 2003 10:52:56 -0400, "Meldon Fens"
wrote:

Hobbit wrote in message
.. .
[...]

Further his earning potential can be estimated and he will pay according

that level regardless of how much he actually makes. Lawyers argue to

impute
the amount (makes it permanent no matter what the circumstances with few
exceptions) when in fact the joke is, income levels are already imputed.

Here's how it works:

Let's say I made 30K in the year we divorced but prioir to that I only

made
20K per year. Firstly I pay based on the 30K. The assumption is, if I

made
that much once, I can make that much again. Uh, ok.

Some years pass income drops and I then make 15K per year. The amount I

pay
remains the same until I can prove financial hardship. So let's say I

save
some money, hire a lawyer and launch a file. The ex does the same to

refute
my evidence and I loose the case. They ask for costs and are granted them

so
I pay for her lawyer and see no reduction in support level. In fact, they
have made a case that she needs more money. The judge agrees and the

support
amount is raised in addition to paying for the lawyer. The lawyer doesn't
even have to ask for impunity. It is inherant in the system.

[...]

I would add that one does not have to be married. Pardon my language but,
what a ****ing scam!!

Considering he has no life to live on the outside, he might consider
refusing to pay any further support in protest and allow them to take his
assets (of which there are none), and get a ride in the paddy-wagon.

My feeling is, when you have nothing left to give, they have nothing left to
threaten you with. For instance if he will do anything to stay out of jail,
then his oppression will continue. Once he accepts the fact that he has no
rights and is prepared to go to jail, he cannot be threatened by their
actions.

As far as I know, Belize does not extradite for child support. Extreme
options maybe, but in light of alternatives might be a possible solution.

Truly sad.

Isn't there something warped and twisted about the
logic involved in marriage and divorce? Also, don't you think that
there is a feminist agenda involved in these laws?

Yes and others will profit from the sstruggle.

Like a mixture of
revenge and an ability to enslave a male without having any reverse
obligation.

You have accurately described the situation.

When a life is destoyed a life is destroyed all life is
equally precious no matter if it is male or female adult or child
police officer or civilian, all life is equal. This fact has been lost
on us somewhere along the line and it is rediculous. Suicides from
financial and emotional devastation due to divorce are on the rise,
mostly males. These mothers should care especially if they have sons
because the same thing that happened to the sons' father could happen
to there son in the future if the son marries, has kids, has a low
income job, and the wife gets tired of them and decides to divorce
them.

I can't figure this one out. Can they really be so short-sighted? The

only
other explanation is they care less for their sons than their daughters.

Then we are putting fathers in prison for not being able to afford
these rediculous child support amounts put on them, men who have never
committed a crime in there entire life, never even been to jail and
all of the sudden they are criminals and are put in prison with
murderers and rapists, etc, psychologically damaging these innocent
human beings whose only crime is being poor. Pathetic and shame on our
society. The madness has to stop sometime. It is an archaic and evil
system, these gestapo family courts.

How?

Old July 11th 03, 01:27 AM
Patrick Lee

Default Fear of child unfair child support laws have shaped anddefined...

Actually there is a revolution going on!!
I have fought by going underground as
much as possible and will continue to do
so as long as it takes!!