I don't like my kids friend's

Old September 30th 04, 05:01 AM
Bebelestrnge0721

Default I don't like my kids friend's

I have been following this thread, what comes to my mind as I read is an old
saying that I can't remember where I had heard it but I liked it:
" It takes a whole neihborhood to raise a child" and I am grateful for the
adults that I know have helped me to guide my daughter through things she may
not have felt she could discuss with me. I also have done my darndest to have
my children know they could come to me with anything, it just does not always
go that way for what ever reason and having people like Cele "out there" helps.
I am a parent that did talk to my daughters about sex and birth control and did
tell them to please come to me before they become sexually active and I would
take them for birth control..........I told them the disadvantages of an early
or unplanned pregnancy , they know first hand about sexually transmitted
diseases as my sister has Aids. They have watched thier Aunt " waste". I still
have a teen daughter that got pregnant and a 23 yr old daughter that has called
me hysterical thinking she may have gotten pregnant, because the condom broke ,
and I told her to see her doctor , who did give her the "morning after pill" I
too would advise a teen that came to me for information , heck sometimes they
don't have to ask I will see one of my daughters friends that I know has been
seeing a boy for a while and just say "make sure you are using protection" why?
cause I care. Just my input on the subject. Bev