Morning Sickness Inconsistent

Old June 27th 04, 02:43 PM
Ruth

Default Morning Sickness Inconsistent

Hi all,

I'm about 5 weeks pregnant and have had a couple of days where I felt mildly
nauseous, but my breasts feel swollen and I'm very tired every day.

Is morning sickness necessarily a daily event or does it come & go? Is
having morning sickness for a couple of days & then it disappearing a cause
for concern?

Thanks

Ruth

Old June 27th 04, 03:10 PM
Rebecca McGraw

Hi Ruth, 'morning' sickness can be extremely random. I wasn't very sick
at all for my first trimester, I just lost my appetite. This did worry
me as the books seem to make it sound as if every pregnant woman will
spend a lot of time riding the porcelain bus, but my doctor said not to
worry. At 12 weeks my appetite came back but at 14 weeks I started
vomiting (not every day, but a few times a week and only in the
morning). I'm at 17.5 weeks now and things have settled back down, but
now I have a whole new list of foods I was able to eat even a couple of
weeks ago, like peanut butter, than I just can't even go near now. Go
figure. Just when I think I have this pregnancy thing figured out,
something new comes along! My doctor says everything is fine and that
hormones are to blame. Yours will no doubt tell you the same.

Good luck with your pregnancy, and congratulations!

-Rebecca
he or she due Dec 2 2004

Old June 27th 04, 03:22 PM
Vicky Bilaniuk

Ruth wrote:

Hi all,

I'm about 5 weeks pregnant and have had a couple of days where I felt mildly
nauseous, but my breasts feel swollen and I'm very tired every day.

Is morning sickness necessarily a daily event or does it come & go? Is
having morning sickness for a couple of days & then it disappearing a cause
for concern?

Thanks

Ruth

I never had vomiting, only nausea. Some days were definitely worse than
others, so it was not consistent. (and darn it, on one of the *bad*
days, I wasn't paying enough attention to my speed and I didn't even
notice a cop on the highway, so I got my first and hopefully last
speeding ticket)

Old June 27th 04, 04:00 PM
Donna Metler

"Vicky Bilaniuk" wrote in message
Ruth wrote:

Hi all,

I'm about 5 weeks pregnant and have had a couple of days where I felt

mildly
nauseous, but my breasts feel swollen and I'm very tired every day.

Is morning sickness necessarily a daily event or does it come & go? Is
having morning sickness for a couple of days & then it disappearing a

cause
for concern?

Thanks

Ruth

I never had vomiting, only nausea. Some days were definitely worse than
others, so it was not consistent. (and darn it, on one of the *bad*
days, I wasn't paying enough attention to my speed and I didn't even
notice a cop on the highway, so I got my first and hopefully last
speeding ticket)

It comes and goes. I was actually congratulating myself up until about 8
weeks because I really hadn't had much of any morning sickness-and now it's
almost continual nausea. I'm hoping this stage passes pretty fast (14 weeks
now).

Old June 27th 04, 05:55 PM
Vicky Bilaniuk

Donna Metler wrote:
It comes and goes. I was actually congratulating myself up until about 8
weeks because I really hadn't had much of any morning sickness-and now it's
almost continual nausea. I'm hoping this stage passes pretty fast (14 weeks
now).

That was around the time when mine was at its worst. It went away
fairly quickly after that.

Old June 27th 04, 07:46 PM
Marion Boulden

Ruth wrote:

Hi all,

I'm about 5 weeks pregnant and have had a couple of days where I felt mildly
nauseous, but my breasts feel swollen and I'm very tired every day.

Is morning sickness necessarily a daily event or does it come & go? Is
having morning sickness for a couple of days & then it disappearing a cause
for concern?

Thanks

Ruth

I was never nauseous at all... I just had a kind of "food apathy"... not much
appetite and nothing ever sounded all that appetizing. I'm now 24 weeks along
and baby Katy is fine and healthy, and kicking me in the bladder at the moment.

Marion
Katy edd 10/16

Old June 28th 04, 12:09 AM
Amy

Ruth wrote:

Hi all,

I'm about 5 weeks pregnant and have had a couple of days where I felt

mildly
nauseous, but my breasts feel swollen and I'm very tired every day.

Is morning sickness necessarily a daily event or does it come & go? Is
having morning sickness for a couple of days & then it disappearing a

cause
for concern?

Thanks

Ruth

I never had vomiting, only nausea. Some days were definitely worse than
others, so it was not consistent. (and darn it, on one of the *bad*
days, I wasn't paying enough attention to my speed and I didn't even
notice a cop on the highway, so I got my first and hopefully last
speeding ticket)

And saying, "Sorry officer, I'm going to be sick and was speeding to the
nearest restroom" didn't work?? My morning sickness could clear my doorstep
of Jehovah's Witnesses (what are those people thinking knocking that early
anyway?)

Old June 28th 04, 02:12 AM
Cathy

Ruth wrote:
Hi all,

I'm about 5 weeks pregnant and have had a couple of days where I felt
mildly nauseous, but my breasts feel swollen and I'm very tired every
day.

Is morning sickness necessarily a daily event or does it come & go? Is
having morning sickness for a couple of days & then it disappearing a
cause for concern?

Thanks

Ruth

I found that the more tired I was, the more nauseous I felt. Some days were
great, others I lay on couch all day and felt sorry for myself.

Cathy

Old June 28th 04, 03:38 AM
Vicky Bilaniuk

Ruth wrote:

[...]

No it didn't!! ;-( I wasn't really showing at that time, so I'm
guessing that he probably thought I was lying. They hear *all kinds* of
stories...

(and actually, I *did* stop at a restroom after that, but this was in
the middle of a really bad cold snap, and the stupid things were frozen
and therefore out of order! This was in the middle of nowhere, so the
next restroom wasn't for quite some distance. I was not pleased. I
survived, though, but it was not a happy day, heh heh. I actually
haven't driven down that highway again since then, because I know it's
just crawling with cops all the time and the bathrooms are so far apart!)