Update: Still Waiting...(m/c ment.)

Old September 15th 03, 03:45 AM
JennP

Default Update: Still Waiting...(m/c ment.)

I don't know, maybe this is a vent more than anything else...

This has been such a frustrating experience. I am still waiting to miscarry.
I really want to avoid surgery but feel frustrated that my body just won't
let go. I have had nothing more than spotting. I barely even need a
pantyliner. I was pregnant for almost as long as the pregnancy has stopped
progressing now. According to the ultrasound the pregnancy stopped at about
six weeks and by the calendar I should have been 11 weeks today

I'm calling tomorrow morning to see what the nurses in my office say and to
talk to the OB. I'm thinking of going in for an u/s to see where I am and
just scheduling another D&C. The emotional part of waiting is much harder
than I ever anticipated. Right now, I'd say my last loss at 12 weeks was
easier to deal with than this.
--
JennP.

mom to Matthew 10/11/00
remove "no........spam" to reply

Old September 15th 03, 09:29 AM
Linz

"JennP" wrote in message

I'm calling tomorrow morning to see what the nurses in my office say
and to talk to the OB. I'm thinking of going in for an u/s to see
where I am and just scheduling another D&C. The emotional part of
waiting is much harder than I ever anticipated. Right now, I'd say
my last loss at 12 weeks was easier to deal with than this.

Jenn, at this stage I'd suggest getting another u/s and seeing what
happens - my second m/c felt pretty similar to what you're going through,
and the second u/s showed that my uterus was just about empty.

Have a scan and see if there are any contents. If there are, but they aren't
big, I'd say give it another week and have another scan, and you may find
that your body has reabsorbed them. If they're large, you may then want to
consider scheduling a D&C.

Thinking of you.

Old September 15th 03, 01:19 PM
Mary W.

JennP wrote:

I don't know, maybe this is a vent more than anything else...

Ugh. I'm sorry you are going through this Jenn. I hope
the waiting is over soon, one way or the other.

Mary

Old September 16th 03, 03:39 AM
JennP

"hierophant" wrote in message
m...

Jenn, a friend of mine just recently found on the same day that not only
was she carrying a twin pregnancy, they were not viable. The logical
conclusion by her back up doctor was to have a D&C and she didn't want
that. She spoke with her midwife and a midwife friend about options and
went with tincture of Angelica (a dropperful in water 3x/day) and soon
after began to bleed. Over the course of a week she had some cramping
and bleeding (not copious amounts) and just yesterday passed the tissue
of the lost pregnancy.

I'm with you and my friend, I'd rather not have a D&C (after having one
experience with it) if I can get through it with natural methods.

The Angelica took a week? I don't think I can go through this for another
whole week. Thanks anyway though. I really want it over like, yesterday,
kwim? My OB wants to see me on Wednesday for another scan and we will decide
what to do from there. It's been so many weeks (nearly more than I was
pregnant) that I think I may just have the d&c and get it over with. What
I'm really hoping is that he does the scan and sees that it is nearly done
although I don't know how that could be since I've had *no* bleeding...
--
JennP.

mom to Matthew 10/11/00
remove "no........spam" to reply

Old September 16th 03, 07:08 PM
hierophant

JennP wrote:

The Angelica took a week?

For her it did, YMMV.

I really want it over like, yesterday, kwim?

Yup I hope the u/s shows the right info for your decision.

Kris

update on my child support saga Edith General 3 June 14th 04 05:38 AM
31+ weeks ob/gyn appt & update (long) Elly Pregnancy 6 August 14th 03 06:15 PM
Update -loss ment Astromum Pregnancy 5 July 23rd 03 03:44 AM
30 week update Tiina News Pregnancy 1 July 11th 03 10:12 PM
36 week update Alicia Elliott Pregnancy 4 July 10th 03 10:56 PM