WTF

Old January 1st 06, 08:16 PM posted to alt.child-support

Default WTF

http://www.nowfoundation.org/issues/...superbowl.html

Feminists waste time watching superbowl ads... no sense of humor...

Best Ads (Top 15)

#1: Sierra Mist - Baboon gets cool

"Very creative, interesting visually."

#2: Pepsi Twist - Ozzy Osbourne's nightmare

"It was clever and made me laugh out loud."

#3: Sierra Mist - Dog and man cool off at fire hydrant

"I thought this was cute; creatively done, without offending anyone."

#4: FedEx - "Cast Away" spoof

"Good to see a woman be on top of things, showing the man that he
should have been smart enough to open the package."

#5: White House Office of National Drug Control Policy - Subway rider
sees victims

"Powerful, diverse, way to view casual drug use differently."

#6: Yahoo's HotJobs.com - Workers sing about rainbows

"Excellent diversity!!!!"

#7: myFICO.com - People urged to see themselves "how lenders see you"

"Nothing special, but extremely diverse actors, and non-violent
(relief)."

#8: Visa - Yao Ming is a tourist in New York City

"Good on diversity. Humor aimed at ethnic/language differences, but not
in a necessarily degrading way."

#9: George Foreman Grills - Various people use grills

"Variety of people ... trying to sell grills, not women's bodies."

"Good use of non-English-speaking representatives."

#10: AT&T Wireless - Gilligan's Island

"The wireless phone and its great uses were illustrated with a twist of
humor."

#11: Anheuser-Busch - Clydesdales and Zebra

"Cute use of graphics and animal ... did not offend anyone."

#12: GM - Man and Cadillac travel through time

"Nice use of time in a commercial for a change. None of the usual
insane rushing or pressure. A pleasant trip."

#13: Levi's - Bison stampede

"Skinny, pretty people. I did notice, however, that when the bisons
came through, they each individually stood their ground, instead of the
woman clinging on to the man."

#14: Chrysler - Celine Dion

"Although she is a superstar, I thought it was positive to show a woman
driving down the road, by herself, singing ... I thought it showed
independence and joy. I would like to see the 'average' woman driving
in that ad, though."

"Nice to see a fully-clothed woman driving the car instead of an almost
naked one draped over it."

#15: Sony Electronics - Retired man blasts off

"One of the few older people in the ads, and one of the few seemingly
intelligent people. Nicely shot, like a mini-movie."

Worst Ads (Bottom 15)
#61: ESPN - "Without sports, there'd be nothing to wear."

"Terrible, black hip-hop stereotypes; woman with cleavage grinding her
hips; what was it advertising?"

#62: Philip Morris - Dad and son play baseball

"The ultimate in PR hypocrisy."

"No real mention of the long-term damage of smoking, even if you start
smoking after the legal age."

#63: Anheuser-Busch - Reggae act

"Pokes fun at Jamaicans; relies upon racial stereotypes."

#64: Anheuser-Busch - Michelob work-out

"Put an intimate portrait of two thin, attractive people, of course a
woman and man, and everyone will buy the beer-and lose weight while
they're at it!!!"

#65: Anheuser-Busch - Guys try to pick up women with conch shell

"Guy gets two women and acts as if he expected this."

"The women do not talk. Men do most of the talking during the football
game commercials. It's 'women as decorative sex objects' time."

#66: Anheuser-Busch - Guy in clown suit drinks beer

"Gay bashing ... no need to make a homosexual joke in order to sell a
product."

#67: Coors Light - Viewer fast-forwards to "The Twins"

"This is the most horrible commercial and the lowest of lows."

#68: White House Office of National Drug Control Policy - Pregnant
teen and parents

"Teen use of marijuana may impair judgment, but it doesn't make you
pregnant ... Creators of ad have impaired thinking."

"I think this is a scare tactic, and that the government wants to blame
something for unplanned pregnancies, since of course they won't blame
their abstinence-only education."

"Abortion is an option that is not acknowledged. Suggests that
marijuana is the only reason teens get pregnant. No effort to promote
safe sex, which is really the problem."

#69: Anheuser-Busch - Strongman contest

"Once again, women get to be window dressing, showing skin and reacting
to men. Sexist and exploitative."

"Makes fun of weak, old, little people."

#70: Anheuser-Busch - Man with three arms

"This commercial would have been good and funny to anyone, men or
women. But in that last scene, the third arm just had to grab the
woman's ass."

"Insulting that a woman would sit there and have dinner with this
freaky, beer-drinking caricature of a Black man who, later, uses his
extra limb to grab her butt."

#71: Anheuser-Busch - Guy's mind wanders to sports while girlfriend
talks

"Very disrespectful; we need to encourage more respect for women and
ads like this certainly don't help."

"Women's concerns are not important and she is perceived as being
clueless to the fact that her date is ignoring her."

#72: Reebok - Linebacker Terry Tate roughs up the office

"Bad use of diversity. Stereotype of African American being used for
his muscles in a position where he should be using his brains."

"Funny but excessively violent."

#73: Anheuser-Busch - Two men gawk at women in yoga class

"Sexual exploitation. If I were a guy I would be insulted by this ad."

"Crotch humor with a new age touch."

#74: Anheuser-Busch - Guy wants to date girlfriend and her roommate

"Shows 'pretty' woman fulfilling guy's fantasy of 'having both'-yeah,
right."

#75: Worst of the Worst: Anheuser-Busch - Guy sees girlfriend's
future in her mother

"The commercial implies that overweight women are unlovable. It was a
truly tasteless commercial and there is no need to offend so many
people to sell a product."

"Misogyny and fat hatred defined!"