possible seizure in Kamron?

Old January 19th 04, 09:20 PM
Dawn Lawson

Default possible seizure in Kamron?

Jacqui wrote:

New York Jen wibbled

Richard wrote

Andrea wrote:
: [ . . . ] I hate my docs, they don't hesitate to have a go at
: you if

they

: think you're wasting their precious time!

Andrea, it's time to find new doctors.

My thoughts exactly Richard...you should never be made to feel
that way.

It's one of the downsides of not paying directly for your medical care.
There's no sense of customer care because it doesn't really matter to
them if you leave (someone else will take your place so their income is
unlikely to drop). If you live in a place where there isn't much
alternative, GPs can tend to be rather high-handed and "you accept my
opinion because you have no alternative" about things.

Andrea does have the right to choose an alternative GP or surgery -
whether one is available and will take her is another matter entirely.

Well, given her treatment wrt a suspected ectopic, and her reluctance to
call wrt a seizure in her baby, I think she certainly needs to do some
serious shopping around, all the same.

I live in Canada, where we also do not pay directly for medical care,
but that doesn't mean that I am forced to accept shoddy medical
treatment. We have some pretty serious medical staffing shortages, but
I still wouldn't spend time with a dr who wouldn't at least address my
concerns. They get paid regardless of whether it's a valid concern or
not and if it's a quick in and out visit, they STILL get the full office
visit billable fee.

Dawn

Old January 19th 04, 11:11 PM
Andrea

I agree with you all, I need a new dr. At the casualty/er you can't choose
your doc (

I can't belive he sent us home. When Ellie had a fit they kept her in
overnight and ordered scans. I even pointed this out to him!

I give up. They had a sign in the waiting room saying 'You may be asked to
go home and return at a later time'.

I think our healthcare sucks bigtime.

--
Andrea mom of 5 - latest addition Kamron David 7 months still nursing strong
with 4 teeth!

Old January 20th 04, 08:57 AM
Anne Rogers

I agree with you all, I need a new dr. At the casualty/er you can't choose
your doc (

I can't belive he sent us home. When Ellie had a fit they kept her in
overnight and ordered scans. I even pointed this out to him!

I give up. They had a sign in the waiting room saying 'You may be asked to
go home and return at a later time'.

I think our healthcare sucks bigtime.

(hugs) I think you are unlucky, each hospital is different, mine have been
great, they organised an ultrasound on my breast on christmas day! plus
they organised a private room for me so I could have Nathanael with me.