Baby-proofing ?

Old September 3rd 04, 06:10 PM
Marie

Default Baby-proofing ?

I am the mother of an almost 7-month-old DD. I am in the process of
baby-proofing my apartment, and I have a question. I have removed the
household products from the open area under the sink to the cabinet. It's in
the laundry closet and above a washing machine. The large closet doors don't
fit standard safety latches. The knobs are measured about 18 inches apart.
The closet doors slide and fold towards me as I open them. For now, DD is
not walking and old enough to climb onto the machine to get into the
cabinet. In case she does someday, as a preventive measure, what product
would you lock these closet doors with?

TIA,
Marie

Old September 3rd 04, 06:13 PM
Nan

On Fri, 03 Sep 2004 17:10:29 GMT, "Marie" scribbled:

I am the mother of an almost 7-month-old DD. I am in the process of
baby-proofing my apartment, and I have a question. I have removed the
household products from the open area under the sink to the cabinet. It's in
the laundry closet and above a washing machine. The large closet doors don't
fit standard safety latches. The knobs are measured about 18 inches apart.
The closet doors slide and fold towards me as I open them. For now, DD is
not walking and old enough to climb onto the machine to get into the
cabinet. In case she does someday, as a preventive measure, what product
would you lock these closet doors with?

My mom had those doors when my ds was little. We just kept the doors
closed and tied an old shoelace between the knobs. By the time he was
big enough to reach the knobs and pull the doors open, he was beyond
my worrying about him getting into chemicals.

Nan
Old September 3rd 04, 07:49 PM
toypup

"Marie" wrote in message
I am the mother of an almost 7-month-old DD. I am in the process of
baby-proofing my apartment, and I have a question. I have removed the
household products from the open area under the sink to the cabinet. It's
in
the laundry closet and above a washing machine. The large closet doors
don't
fit standard safety latches. The knobs are measured about 18 inches apart.
The closet doors slide and fold towards me as I open them. For now, DD is
not walking and old enough to climb onto the machine to get into the
cabinet. In case she does someday, as a preventive measure, what product
would you lock these closet doors with?

Is this what you're looking for?
http://shop.safetydepot.com/s.nl/c.3...it.A/id.121/.f

Old September 3rd 04, 08:50 PM
cloud nine

I know exactly what you're talking about. We also have those doors in our
laundry area. I think they are called Louver doors, sp? Anyway, if you are
in the US go to Babies r Us and they have a product that slides over to the
opening so the door can not be opened. They are only about $4.

Good luck!!

--
Sue & Benton, 3 yrs. old!

Old September 4th 04, 12:55 PM
Sophie

"Marie" wrote in message
I am the mother of an almost 7-month-old DD. I am in the process of
baby-proofing my apartment, and I have a question. I have removed the
household products from the open area under the sink to the cabinet. It's

in
the laundry closet and above a washing machine. The large closet doors

don't
fit standard safety latches. The knobs are measured about 18 inches apart.
The closet doors slide and fold towards me as I open them. For now, DD is
not walking and old enough to climb onto the machine to get into the
cabinet. In case she does someday, as a preventive measure, what product
would you lock these closet doors with?

TIA,
Marie

We have laundry doors like that use an eye-hook lock.