Madison's Birth Story

Old August 20th 04, 12:27 AM
Rob and Jami

Default Madison's Birth Story

It all started at about 6:30 a.m. on Monday, August 16, 2004. I woke up
with major "cramps." I thought I just had a stomach ache, and tried to go
back to sleep. By 6:35 a.m. I knew it was time. I woke Rob up and told
him, we rushed around (forgot everything) and left the house by 6:45 a.m.
By this time, I had to breathe through my contractions, they came on quick.

We arrived at Henry ford Wyandotte Hospital at 6:55 a.m., we
entered through the emergency room, it was empty, I could hardly stand up,
and no one was there to let me back. It seemed like an eternity, when
finally a nurse came and let us back. I was rushed up to the OB. Floor and
quickly put in triage. I was crying for an epidural at this point, I knew
if I didn't get it fast, I wouldn't get it. My contractions were about one
minute apart, and I was dilated to four centimeters. The resident OB said I
was eligible to receive my epidural (yay, I was so excited.) I did receive
bad news though, I had Group B strep and I didn't even know about it, a
shock, but it was dealt with.

It was about 8:00 a.m. when I was transferred to Labor Room 8, I was hooked
up to all of the monitors, got an IV and was patiently waiting for the
anesthesiologist, he came at about 8:20 a.m. It was very difficult for me
to sit still while he tried the epidural, but I knew I had to, it would
defiantly be worth it (at least I was hoping so.) The first time he tried
it, the catheter was kinked, no good. Then he tried again and it went into
a blood vessel, no good. At this point my pertinence was wearing thin, but
I sucked it up. He knew that my first labor was very quick so he decided to
try something else. It was like an epidural, but it was just a shot in my
back, and it worked very quickly, but had the potential to wear off if I
didn't progress quickly enough. He finished at 8:40 a.m. I was in heaven; I
didn't even know I was having contractions anymore. I did itch though, but
that didn't matter, I defiantly wasn't complaining. The nurse checked me
when he left; I was already at eight centimeters. The doctor broke my water
at 8:50 a.m., it had meconium stain. At 8:55 a.m. I felt that urge, the
overwhelming need to push, and there was no stopping me. Three good pushes
and there she was, 9:03 a.m., on my belly for about five seconds (because of
the meconium, they had to take her fast) She was so beautiful, green gook
and all.

The neonatologist suctioned her in her little separate room, I couldn't see
her but I could hear her. What a sweet sound. She weighed in at 8lbs. 4oz.
and measured 21.5 inches. She got a 9 on her Apgars, she's so smart. J

I didn't get to hold her until 9:45a.m that was killer, but I knew that I
again had to be patient and it would pay off. It did, she's perfectly
healthy in every way.

So that's my story, we defiantly accomplished a lot in 2.5 hours!

Old August 20th 04, 04:03 AM
Kaybee

congrats on Madison. the story is a little funny because I know what you
went through.

Kay
Mommy to Eva 9/2002
little boy 1/2005

Old August 20th 04, 02:51 PM
T Flynn

On Thu, 19 Aug 2004, Rob and Jami wrote:

The neonatologist suctioned her in her little separate room, I couldn't see
her but I could hear her. What a sweet sound. She weighed in at 8lbs. 4oz.
and measured 21.5 inches. She got a 9 on her Apgars, she's so smart. J

Wow -- that was fast! I'm so happy that even with a touch of meconium you
still had a very responsive bouncy munchkin and it sounds like everything
went very well. Some day I'd like a birth like that :^)

Old August 20th 04, 07:17 PM
Mary S.

So that's my story, we defiantly accomplished a lot in 2.5 hours!

I'll say!! Congratulations!

Mary S.

Old August 20th 04, 08:28 PM
fading away

"Rob and Jami" wrote in message ...

So that's my story, we defiantly accomplished a lot in 2.5 hours!

You sure did! Congratulations to you and your family.

-- Mav
Old August 20th 04, 09:29 PM
Em

"Rob and Jami" wrote in message
snip
So that's my story, we defiantly accomplished a lot in 2.5 hours!

I'll say! Congratulations to you and family and welcome to baby Madison!

--
Em
mama to L-baby, 11 months old

Old August 24th 04, 02:24 AM
Cathy

Rob and Jami wrote:
So that's my story, we defiantly accomplished a lot in 2.5 hours!

You make it sound so easy! Congratulations.

Cathy

Old August 24th 04, 04:54 PM
Bóliath

Rob and Jami wrote:
It all started at about 6:30 a.m. on Monday, August 16, 2004. I woke up

I didn't get to hold her until 9:45a.m that was killer, but I knew that I
again had to be patient and it would pay off. It did, she's perfectly
healthy in every way.

So that's my story, we defiantly accomplished a lot in 2.5 hours!

Wow - you sure did! Congratulations and welcome to baby Madison