hip instability - who to see?

Old October 29th 04, 07:14 PM
Anne Rogers

Default hip instability - who to see?

Late on in my first pregnancy I suffered with unstable hips, often when I
would stand up I could one would not settle correctly and couldn't support
my weight, it was infrequent and by the time I could mention it to anyone it
was the week of the birth. This time a similar instability has already
started, my hips are often clicky and I've had intermittent trouble bearing
weight. I presume the main cause of this is the hormones that loosen the
joints. I generally seem to very flexible, when I had surgery on my shoulder
the surgeon described it as "hypermobile joints". I feel I need to work with
someone on this, but after my experience with physiotherapists during my
last pregnancy I'm not sure about whether they really know enough, I'm sure
they can help, but I wonder if I need some kind of diagnosis from someone
who knows more about this stuff, but I've no idea who that should be? I know
others of you have suffered with hip problems, so who did you see? Who
helped most?

Old October 29th 04, 10:23 PM
Leslie

I didn't have the same kind of thing you describe, but I have always seen a
chiropractor for my hip problems and it was practically miraculous. I don't
whether that is the answer for you, but it's something inexpensive to try
first.

Leslie

Emily (2/4/91)
Jake (1/27/94)
Teddy (2/15/95)
William (3/5/01 -- VBA3C, 13 lbs. 5 oz.)
and Lorelei, expected 11/2/04

"Children come trailing clouds of glory from God, which is their home."
~ William Wordsworth

Old October 30th 04, 01:46 PM
Buzzy Bee

On Fri, 29 Oct 2004 19:14:35 +0100, "Anne Rogers"
wrote:

I know
others of you have suffered with hip problems, so who did you see? Who
helped most?

Quite a lot of osteopaths here are happy to treat pregnant women for
this sort of thing. I only went at 36 weeks last time round and he
opted to leave it, but this time I'm only 21 and having big problems,
so I am off to see someone on Monday.

The one drawback is that of course osteopaths are not NHS

Megan
--
Seoras David Montgomery, 7th May 2003, 17 hours. http://seoras.farr-montgomery.com
EDD 11th March 2005 (another boy!)
Old October 30th 04, 08:44 PM
Anne Rogers

Quite a lot of osteopaths here are happy to treat pregnant women for
this sort of thing. I only went at 36 weeks last time round and he
opted to leave it, but this time I'm only 21 and having big problems,
so I am off to see someone on Monday.

The one drawback is that of course osteopaths are not NHS

I know a good osteopath, so I'll probably make an appointment, thankfully
I'm in a scheme where I can get half the money back. I may also go see a
good physio I know at a private clinic, yet more money, but if this gets any
worse I'll struggle to walk.

Old October 30th 04, 09:38 PM
Buzzy Bee

On Sat, 30 Oct 2004 20:44:58 +0100, "Anne Rogers"
wrote:

I know a good osteopath, so I'll probably make an appointment, thankfully
I'm in a scheme where I can get half the money back. I may also go see a
good physio I know at a private clinic, yet more money, but if this gets any
worse I'll struggle to walk.

Thats pretty much where I am now as well. I think I'll get 70% back.
Its a bit of a grey area, because technically I need to be referred by
a doctor and in fact I was referred by my midwife.

Megan