Saerah Bennett, a uniquely repulsive individual

Old July 25th 03, 09:33 PM
Geoff Miller

Default Saerah Bennett, a uniquely repulsive individual

Earlier I wrote:

: So according to your worldview, it's acceptable for middle-aged
: people to drink alcohol but not to smoke pot?

D.G. Devin writes:

You're missing the point, whether alcohol or weed, it's the
getting high part that people need to outgrow, because if
you can't get through your day without that, then you have
a problem.

The person I responded to last time around obviously
believed that getting high was something that only
younger people should do. My point is that altering
one's consciousness isn't something that should only
be expected of younger people. Nor should it be
assumed that people of any age only get high because
they "need" to.

And by the way, why is it so often assumed that people
only drink or get high because they *need* it to get
through their day? Have these people considered the
possibility that some do it not out of necessity, but
because it's an enhancement, something they simply
happen to enjoy?

Some people say that recraetional drugs of any sort are
a crutch. I think a more apt analogy is that they're a
spice. Nobody "needs" salt and pepper on their meat or
Tabasco on their eggs, but it certainly adds to the
experience, right?

Well, by the same token, most people don't "need" a
martini or a couple of bong hits. But if they enjoy
one or the other or both, then why shouldn't they
indulge themselves?

Geoff

--
If you want peace, work for superior firepower.

Old July 25th 03, 09:40 PM
karen

And by the way, why is it so often assumed that people
only drink or get high because they *need* it to get
through their day? Have these people considered the
possibility that some do it not out of necessity, but
because it's an enhancement, something they simply
happen to enjoy?

Some people say that recraetional drugs of any sort are
a crutch. I think a more apt analogy is that they're a
spice. Nobody "needs" salt and pepper on their meat or
Tabasco on their eggs, but it certainly adds to the
experience, right?

Well, by the same token, most people don't "need" a
martini or a couple of bong hits. But if they enjoy
one or the other or both, then why shouldn't they
indulge themselves?

listen up....the man knows what hes talking about!

Old July 26th 03, 03:39 AM
Mike Maiste

"Laurie Hester" wrote in message
i think getting high or drunk should be reserved for social activities,

not
because you cant enjoy the music enough. i just think doing these

things
alone is pathetic and indicates a problem.

Listening to music alone is pathetic?

WOW. do you REALLY think that is what i said? or are you just trying
desperately to fool and casual readers and make me look stupid? this is
really sad. obviouly i meant smoking pot, and drinking alone, is pathetic.
somehow you figured in a conversation about pot and drinking, that i meant
listening to music alone is pathetic. you seriously need help.

Alcohol is a social drug for the most part. If you are drinking to
forget your problems or numb yourself, or drink alone, it may indicate a
problem. Weed is definitely *not* a social drug; it is often enjoyed by
people when they are alone.

what? weed is not a social drug? tell that to all the people i know that
get together to smoke all the time. ugh.

This doesn't indicate any sort of problem.
If I want to listen to music by myself and smoke to enhance the music,
how is that a problem?

needing to get high in order to enjoy music just might indicate a problem.
but i'm not encouraging you to stop getting high laurie, it probably takes
the edge off of being wrong so often.

mike

Old July 26th 03, 03:45 AM
Mike Maiste

"karen" wrote in message
. ..

getting high has nothing to do with growing up

oh, i see your point....well said.

i understand, you dont have a problem with it. it just annoys you when
30-40somethings do it. and you think its pathetic.
its ****ing pathetic that anyone adult that comes home from a hard days

work
and kicks back and smokes a joint. WHY? was the question. why do you feel
that way?

ive already said that i think its pathetic for people to drink alone and
smoke pot alone. the 40 something comment was because it annoys me when i
see older people at young bars trying to act young, or at parties where they
are out of place talking about or sactualiny smoking pot. it was more of a
toungue in cheek comment, seeing as how i support the full legalization of
pot.

why dont you calm down a bit.

sure thats ok, i dont hafta live with you. you voiced your opinion and in
return i asked why you have that opinion. whats so wrong with that?

ha, you didnt just say "hey mike, i'm curious why you feel taht way" you
implied it was none of business at all.

mike

Old July 26th 03, 03:49 AM
Mike Maiste

"karen" wrote in message
. ..
well, it wasnt funny watching my sister die from alcoholism. and it wasnt
funny getting the hell beat out of me from a drunk boyfriend. it wasnt

funny
getting hit by a drunk driver and bleeding days later from my placenta
ripping away because i was pregnant at the time he hit us. it wasnt funny
seeing my dad stumble in and throwing his guts up at least three times a
week. it wasnt funny .........

thats all very sad and all, and i am sorry, but you aren't going to make me
feel bad for thinking my friends drunk are awesome and funny. i was talking
about, and was asked about, my experiences, and thats how i answered.

all the potheads i know are the same cool people theyve always been. all
the uncool potheads i know are still the idiots theyve always been

all the potheads i know are nowhere near as cool as they used to be, they
talk like the are dumbasses, i can hear the brain cells dying, and they
ditch friends to smoke pot.

mike

Old July 26th 03, 03:55 AM
Mike Maiste

"karen" wrote in message
. ..
yeah, lets go smoke pot socially. point the way. how do you do it

maturely?
im stuck

you dont know how what it means to drink or get high maturely?

mike

Old July 26th 03, 03:59 AM
Mike Maiste

"Geoff Miller" wrote in message

The person I responded to last time around obviously
believed that getting high was something that only
younger people should do.

haha, have you read ANYTHING i have posted on this subject besides a quick
comment that i dont like older people trying to fit in with a young crowd?
it was a little comment, it in no way defines my view on anything that
really matters. 5th time - i think pot shoudl be compltely legal.

And by the way, why is it so often assumed that people
only drink or get high because they *need* it to get
through their day? Have these people considered the
possibility that some do it not out of necessity, but
because it's an enhancement, something they simply
happen to enjoy?

haha, have you read ANYTHING i have posted on this subject besides a quick
comment that i dont like older people trying to fit in with a young crowd?
enjoyment and entertainment is why people SHOULD do these things, with their
friends, to have a great and silly time. but not to make being alone seem
better, or to escape from problems, etc.

mike

Old July 26th 03, 08:15 PM
Mike Maiste

"karen" wrote in message
one reason i had a hunch and made the borefest comment.... cant you

entertain yourself? i dont need friends to have a great and /or silly

time.

hah are you kidding?????????? thats the point. i CAN entertain
myself...thats why i dont bother getting high or drunk when i'm alone. i
only drink when me and a bunch of friends wanna get extra silly, together.

saying i am a boring person (a low and ridiculous insult anyway) because i
dont get high when i'm alone is just very far fetched, and in fact makes no
sense.

what
rubs me wrong is that you said we're (people taht smoke alone) annoying

and
pathetic. do you like to be considered annoying and pathetic? you think

that
way because you feel they need it to be happy, right?

actually i said that older people who try to fit in at younger peoples
crowds annoy me....i said that people who drink or smoke alone possible have
a problem with it. get it right.

mike

Old July 27th 03, 06:04 AM
karen

you get it right

actually i said that older people who try to fit in at younger peoples
crowds annoy me....i said that people who drink or smoke alone possible

have
a problem with it. get it right.

"Mike Maiste" wrote in message
i agree man, when i posted about her smoking pot i was really just

curious,
cuz it annoys me when like 35-40 year olds smoke pot, for some reason,

heh.
but i found out she is 23.

Old July 27th 03, 06:12 AM
karen

saying i am a boring person (a low and ridiculous insult anyway)

i had a hunch that you would be a borefest. i didnt mean it as an insult, it
was just a feeling. no biggie

because i
dont get high when i'm alone is just very far fetched, and in fact makes

no
sense.

its not really that you dont do it, i dont give a **** . its your attitude
towards those of us in that age group that do. and your attitude about going
alone to a concert....jsut makes me feel like you need others to let loose
or something, i dunno how to put it really. maybe borefest wasnt the right
term...