*Beep beep!* (Alarm clock!)

Old June 6th 05, 03:07 PM
xkatx

Default *Beep beep!* (Alarm clock!)

Ahh...
Well, it's been a blast the last little while. Juuuust joking! It's
actually sucked for a long while, but hopefully everything will get better.

33 weeks now, and I'm so tired. No energy, and it just keeps getting worse.
Bathroom trips have now gone to around midnight, 430am and then at about
630am when I get up. NOT fun at all, but whatever. I went to bed with
MAJOR heartburn. It was gross and very uncomfortable. Must have been the
pizza I really wanted for supper last night. It's alright, because
there's only 7 more weeks to go, technically. I think this thing has it's
head shoved up my ribcage. If I poke up at the top a little, I can feel
something bouncing around a bit. I also get urges to pee my pants when it
moves around, so I think it might be sitting nicely, and kicking even nicer,
on my bladder.

At least, surprisingly, my blood pressure is normal. I've gained so much
weight... 7 weeks to go yet, and last appointment a week ago, I weighed in
at 180lbs! Oops! Haha. Baby's heartbeat was steady and strong - and VERY
loud - at 150bpm.

My bro's bday was yesterday, so we were at my parents' place for a bbq and
all that. B went on his first motorcycle ride with my dad. It took quite a
while for him to finally want to go for a little ride around the block. He
liked it, at least, and didn't say or show he was scared. I was thinking
for sure I'd have to hop on the back and show him it was fun before he'd go
on, but just one minute he was saying he'll go for a ride when he's bigger,
then the next he said he wanted to go. As much as I love riding, I just
couldn't see myself getting on the back for a ride around the block anyways.
He did great, held on tight, and went around the one block in the quiet
residential area my parents live on, and came back. It wasn't bad since I
had started riding in the front of my dad when I was about 3, and my
brothers started right around the same age, at very slow (almost walking)
speeds. lol But, at least he enjoyed it for his first time, and I took
some pictures. hehehe

We were also planning a camping trip to Drumheller for the second week of
July. I believe it was July 10. My dad won't let me go because he doesn't
want to put up with me. I've decided that it might be better for me if I
just stayed home anyways and relaxed. My parents want to take B anyways,
since his "best boy friend" Evan is going with his parents, who are my
parents' friends, and I'd hate for B to miss out. I am actually, secretly,
more looking forward to a full week of relaxation and no worries.
Especially by then, which will be only 2 or 3 weeks left to go. Norm and I
can just sit around and do absolutely nothing the whole time B is gone with
the family. I think we're both looking forward to that. I also made
mention of going towards the end of the summer, once things start to cool
down a bit, and I've talked to a couple other people who said they've
travelled or gone camping with a newborn and they've said they enjoy going
with a small baby more than going at the end of a pregnancy. I think we'll
try that, but all depending on how I'm feeling after, how this baby is, how
B is and how everything goes. Even if it's just for a weekend, it might be
nice to just get out and away from the house, since I have a feeling that my
outings this summer will be quite limited.

Also, Norm and I have both decided we'd like to get some relationship help.
Things haven't been too bad, but we both agree they could definitely be
better, and should definitely be better. There's just a few things that we
don't see eye to eye on, and after I suggested some sort of relationship
councilling, he totally agreed and said he thought it was a good idea. I
don't think it will hurt, and I do think it might help with some things we
don't agree with or are having issues with. Also, a professional mediator
who doesn't pick sides might be nice to have between us for a lot of things!

But yea, other than that, not a whole lot is new. I see it's been quite
dead around here lately, and I'm wondering if anyone else is still alive!
I'm not looking forward to the next few weeks... It's already too damn hot
here for me, and I have no idea how I'm going to handle the rest of this
month, as well as all of July. I've been trying to stay indoors with
the fans going, heat completely off and doors/windows shut out from the
heat. Also, I've found, those alcohol free coolers are really nice on a hot
day! My auntie, at least, was on my side about those when I saw them in the
store! I was going to buy a case of them (12 bottles for $12 is even
cheaper than real coolers!) Norm was about to start a scene about alcohol,
as soon as he saw 0.5% on the case, but my auntie even said she'd have no
problem with these, since she said she figured most cough syrup and mouth
washes have more alcohol. She told Norm she would see nothing wrong with
these, so we bought a case, and, actually, we BOTH enjoyed one while sitting
on the front lawn. I've also been able to cut down my smoking by quite a
bit. I'm hoping that, eventually, we can both quit, but I guess in
moderation and slowly, rather than just going cold turkey. Soo... Yea, that
really is about it now. This is getting kind of long! Sorry about that.
:P
Where's everyone else??

--
A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?

Old June 21st 05, 06:23 AM
Cele

On Mon, 06 Jun 2005 14:07:06 GMT, "xkatx"
wrote:
Hiya, xkatx. Takes me awhile to reply.....

On the topic of camping while pregnant: blech. Take the chance to be
on your own, without Brandon, and have a great rest! You deserve it
and it'll be good for both you and Norm.

On the topic of camping with a newborn: I did it, and it was no
problem. Just bring along the box or cradle or whatever your baby
sleeps in, be prepared to monitor temperature, and have fun. Make sure
everyone else does all the work, 'cause you'll be busy with the baby.

On the topic of relationship counselling: more power to you, for going
*before* the world starts imploding. I could never get my ex to go
until the barn door was open and the horse long past the horizon,
which is a major component to his current status of 'ex'. Can't hurt
to get some mediation while you still both care enough to go.

Take care of yourself. And WRT being 180 - I saw you just before you
posted this, and you didn't look an ounce over 150, baby, added
support system and all. The weight must be all athlete. You're going
to give birth to a female jock! LOL Don't sweat it, kiddo, you looked
great, and I betcha it'll fall off, 'cause it must all be pregnancy
weight.

Be well.

Cele

ALARM one out of six children.... Kevysmom Kids Health 79 April 10th 05 04:53 PM
Interview request: Resetting your body clock to aid conception Gen General 0 February 2nd 05 11:27 AM
Cool clock Todd Gastaldo Pregnancy 2 October 6th 03 02:33 AM
bedwetting: wristwatch with vibrating alarm Danny Hoffman Solutions 0 August 27th 03 12:40 PM
Men have ticking of 'biological clock' too [email protected] Pregnancy 2 July 17th 03 11:54 PM