Tax Intercept

Old December 7th 03, 07:29 AM
Bob Whiteside

Default Tax Intercept

"Lecher9000" wrote in message
You are right - they play games with the CS accounting to justify
their existence. They bill CS accruals one month in advance and credit

your
payments one month in arrears.

Aha ! That is why my account has an "arrears" balance, even though I am

fully
paid up and always have been, and why the former welfare recipients who

answer
the phones at DR can never tell me whether I am really in arrears or not.

I get
a "yes" one day and a "no" the next, and sometimes a yes and a no from the

same
former welfare recipient on the same day.

I hope those communist lesbos all go straight to Hell.

Every CS case file has what I call the "2 month gap." The system bills what
is owed prior to the first of the month when the CS monthly amount accures.
Then they don't credit the obligors payments until after the end of the
month when the CS payments have been taken through wage withholding. The
net affect is a "2 month gap" between the billings and application of CS
payments.

This BS is why every NCP needs to do a monthly audit of their account. That
is the only way for an NCP to counter how the CS system sets up obligors to
appear to not be paying as agreed.

Old December 7th 03, 04:04 PM
PattymacI

From: "Bob Whiteside"

As you might know, there are several groups within each state's
CS accounting units i.e. one for collections and disbursements, one for
liens, one for tax intercepts, etc.

Incorrect.

You can also do what
you suggested, i.e. apply any refund to your next year's taxes due, and that
will protect any refund from being intercepted.

Incorrect.

They bill CS accruals one month in advance and credit your
payments one month in arrears. Administratively that practice creates and
arrearage on every case file for them to take credit for collecting.

Incorrect.

Case Workers - These people are mostly former welfare recipients who follow
business process procedures written out for them.

Incorrect.

You do no service to noncustodial parents when you provide incorrect
information.

Old December 7th 03, 04:04 PM
PattymacI

Old December 7th 03, 04:07 PM
PattymacI

Old December 7th 03, 04:07 PM
PattymacI

Old December 7th 03, 04:31 PM
Moon Shyne

"Bob Whiteside" wrote in message
ink.net...

[...]

Incorrect - it bills on the first of the month, and doesn't consider the CS late
until it is past the last day of the month.

Then they don't credit the obligors payments until after the end of the
month when the CS payments have been taken through wage withholding.

Incorrect - the company doing the withholding has 5 days to send the CS money to
the court, and then CSE passes the money through in a 24-hour time frame - so
the only time the payment gets pushed past the end of the month is in cases
where the payment isn't received until the last day of the month, or later, due
to the employer sending in the money late.

Old December 7th 03, 07:16 PM
Bob Whiteside

From: "Bob Whiteside"

Every CS case file has what I call the "2 month gap." The system bills

what
is owed prior to the first of the month when the CS monthly amount

accures.
Then they don't credit the obligors payments until after the end of the
month when the CS payments have been taken through wage withholding. The
net affect is a "2 month gap" between the billings and application of CS
payments.

Again, incorrect.

Have you ever actually seen these billing statements?

Here's how it works:

On the 20th of a month a CS statement is generated. It includes a pre-bill
for the payment due on the first of the next month. Because that statement
is generated on the 20th of the month is does not include payments sent by
employers after the last pay period in that month.

So the payment due on the first of November is pre-billed on the October
20th statement, and payments made during November do not appear on the
statement until the December 20th statement is generated. From October 20th
until December 20th is two months.

To get an accurate picture of what is really going on with an NCP's account,
the NCP's need to subtract the pre-billed CS payment from the total amount
billed figure, and add CS payments not yet credited into the total amount
paid figure.

Because this two month gap is REAL I experienced the state attempting to hit
me with arrearage withholding orders every time there were 3 Friday pay
periods in a calendar month. When the employer waits until after the 3rd
pay period in the calendar month to submit the total CS wage withholding for
the month, that causes the payments to be credited in the third month and
triggers the state to generate arrearage withholding orders. Which then
forces the NCP's to do their audit and request a refund based on the next
month's statement.

Old December 7th 03, 07:16 PM
Bob Whiteside

Old December 7th 03, 07:29 PM
Bob Whiteside

"Moon Shyne" wrote in message

[...]

The statements are not generated on the first day of the month. While it is
true the CS payments accrue on the first day of the month, the monthly
billing statements are generated before the first of the month and include
the pre-billed CS amount for the subsequent month.

Then they don't credit the obligors payments until after the end of the
month when the CS payments have been taken through wage withholding.

Incorrect - the company doing the withholding has 5 days to send the CS

money to
the court, and then CSE passes the money through in a 24-hour time frame -

so
the only time the payment gets pushed past the end of the month is in

cases
where the payment isn't received until the last day of the month, or

later, due
to the employer sending in the money late.

You are citing the law, but that is not necesarily how payments actually get
applied. Employers who use electronic funds transfer of CS withholding to
submit withholding amounts lump them together and send the bundled payments
in after the last pay period in the month. While these employers are
technically late with the first pay period payment, they are early with the
second pay period payment.

We've had this discussion before. The companies have 5 BUSINESS days to
mail the withholding. Five business days plus a weekend plus a couple of
days for mailing time is 8-9 calendar days.

The
net affect is a "2 month gap" between the billings and application of CS
payments.

Incorrect.

Have you ever seen a CS billing statement that goes to an NCP?